Australian immigration

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Aquarius

Re: Australian immigration

Post by Aquarius » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 am

Jasin wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:53 pm
Sadly the new Gov-Gen is on Albanese's side like a flippant Lefty - there is no hope.
This is worse than Covid and Lockdowns.
Of course she is - that's why he appointed her. I think G-Gs should come from the military. Someone who's proved their worth. This latest idiot just proves that Albanese is making a mockery of the G-G role by appointing an anti-monarchist to represent the king.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 am

Aquarius wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:49 am
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:45 pm

You probably would have been better to go straight ahead there and then head down to Epping Road through Artarmon.

What's worse about Chinese 'drivers' is that when they take a wrong turn (say for the expressway or tunnel) and find they're in the wrong spot they just STOP dead and everyone behind them has to slam on their brakes. Then they just sit there looking stupid. They're a nightmare!
Unfortunately I'm in the right lane so a bit difficult to merge left. The left lane couldn't go straight through either because of being blocked by those aholes coming along Mowbray Road. And I wouldn't trust a Chinese driver to give way to me trying to merge left. It was unbelievable! I don't think that sort of inconsideration would happen anywhere else in Sydney. You are not allowed to proceed into an intersection when it's obvious you will not be able to exit it before the lights turn red due to the backup of cars. No one's moving anywhere. But still they drive into the intersection. And they're all Asian.

Just talking about Epping Road!!! I came down the Pacific Highway with son after picking up grandson and he wanted to go to Lane Cove shops for something he forgot. 5:30 pm Pacific Highway - OMG the traffic!!!!!! No one is going anywhere - it's a giant carpark. I have never encountered traffic like this in my whole life. Of course I don't drive over that way very often. If I drive to son's place it's always off peak - bad enough as it is - but absolutely impossible in peak hour. The volume of traffic going down Epping Road at that time was an eye opener. Not for the faint hearted.

I can well understand the nightmare of those damn tunnels but the way some motorists deal with being in the wrong place is downright scary. But stopping dead???

Scumbag politicians think it's fine to keep bringing the dregs of the world into Sydney or Melbourne which are full up. But they refuse to go anywhere else. :S
To try to force people into the tunnel they've cut Epping Road (in some sections) down to one lane. It's criminal. It really is.

I don't go anywhere in peak hour now. Nope!

Politicians have killed Sydney and it can never be reversed. They all should be jailed and their kickbacks confiscated.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 am

Aquarius wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 am
Jasin wrote:
Sadly the new Gov-Gen is on Albanese's side like a flippant Lefty - there is no hope.
Of course she is - that's why he appointed her. I think G-Gs should come from the military. Someone who's proved their worth. This latest idiot just proves that Albanese is making a mockery of the G-G role by appointing an anti-monarchist to represent the king.
Whether you are a Royalist or not Albo's choice of GG is definitely a mockery and an embarrassment. These people disgust me.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:19 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 am

To try to force people into the tunnel they've cut Epping Road (in some sections) down to one lane. It's criminal. It really is.

Politicians have killed Sydney and it can never be reversed. They all should be jailed and their kickbacks confiscated.
That's the problem with driving in Sydney these days - you get shunted from one toll road to another. So yes, I agree it's criminal. I remember coming back from a holiday at Hawks Nest three years ago. I usually turn off the Pacific Highway near Wahroonga and go out through the back way to Mona Vale Road. This time I was in the left lane but had forgotten the new NorthConnex tunnel was up that way and wasn't sure where the entrance was or whether it had opened. When I realised it too late, I couldn't merge into the middle lane because of all these huge trucks on my right so down into the tunnel I had to go. Ended up exiting at North Ryde into another toll road - the M2 - and had to come back home down over Fullers Bridge and through Chatswood and The Forest. This was really aggravating and way out of my way and two hefty tolls to pay. So about $16 to be shunted miles out of my way. Unless you're driving on these roads all the time it's a nightmare because everything seems to change the next time you go that way.

We the residents keep complaining about Sydney being full up but still they totally ignore us. They never have to worry about travelling in this nightmare. They just keep building more toll roads that are supposed to make our trips shorter. But look at the total nightmare that is the Rozelle Interchange. What lunatic thought that one up??
Last edited by Aquarius on Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:22 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 am
Aquarius wrote:
Jasin wrote:
Whether you are a Royalist or not Albo's choice of GG is definitely a mockery and an embarrassment. These people disgust me.
Absolutely agree. :S

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 pm

Aquarius wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:19 am
Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 am

That's the problem with driving in Sydney these days - you get shunted from one toll road to another. So yes, I agree it's criminal. I remember coming back from a holiday at Hawks Nest three years ago. I usually turn off the Pacific Highway near Wahroonga and go out through the back way to Mona Vale Road. This time I was in the left lane but had forgotten the new NorthConnex tunnel was up that way and wasn't sure where the entrance was or whether it had opened. When I realised it too late, I couldn't merge into the middle lane because of all these huge trucks on my right so down into the tunnel I had to go. Ended up exiting at North Ryde into another toll road - the M2 - and had to come back home down over Fullers Bridge and through Chatswood and The Forest. This was really aggravating and way out of my way and two hefty tolls to pay. So about $16 to be shunted miles out of my way. Unless you're driving on these roads all the time it's a nightmare because everything seems to change the next time you go that way.

We the residents keep complaining about Sydney being full up but still they totally ignore us. They never have to worry about travelling in this nightmare. They just keep building more toll roads that are supposed to make our trips shorter. But look at the total nightmare that is the Rozelle Interchange. What lunatic thought that one up??
Chris Minns disagrees. He says we need more immigrants. :S

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 pm

Chris Minns disagrees. He says we need more immigrants. :S
Labor was elected on Saturday 21 May 2022 -
good grief - it's take them less than 2 years to make a hell of mess of this country.

I think the Governor General needs to sack them all and call for new elections?

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:48 pm

Aquarius wrote:
Jasin wrote:
Very good point Aquarius. Yes - it does seem like he is making a 'mockery' of the position that is to serve the British influence here.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:09 am

Jasin wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:48 pm

Very good point Aquarius. Yes - it does seem like he is making a 'mockery' of the position that is to serve the British influence here.
I can't stand him. He's a nasty, scheming little man who has totally forgotten what the Labor Party used to stand for. His only allegiance is to his multi millionaire donors.

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:28 am

Yes. Very un-labor-like for him to chase the rich. So much for 'working class' Labor.