Australian immigration

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Jasin

Re: Australian immigration

Post by Jasin » Wed May 01, 2024 9:35 am

They're trying to steal the secret recipe to vegemite.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed May 01, 2024 10:44 am

Jasin wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:35 am

The India PM Narendra Modi is pretending to be our friend
but he is corrupting our defence workers - possibly in our Govt. and also our politicians & police.
It's a scandal.

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Wed May 01, 2024 2:15 pm

Everyone 'spies' on everyone.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » Wed May 01, 2024 2:51 pm

Bobby wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:44 am
Jasin wrote:

but he is corrupting our defence workers - possibly in our Govt. and also our politicians & police.
It's a scandal.

Yep - it's quite a hostile act from a supposed ally.

Apart from that, I know police don't like Indians because they are arrogant and argue the point even though they are in the wrong. And I can't say I liked working with Indian nurses. I've worked with a few and the Hindu ones are the worst. The Sikh was ok - she trained in Australia. But any Indian nurse who trained in India is a total disaster. They never follow proper infection control precautions - they don't even wash their hands half the time. And they can't be told! They'll listen only because they have to and then they'll go off and do things the way they want. Then they don't like it when they get in trouble - insinuate they're being picked on. That unfortunately was the experience I had with them although if they trained here it was different thankfully.

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Wed May 01, 2024 3:16 pm

The Indian Surgeons & Doctors were good and professional (except for one Gyno creepoid).
As for the General Staff Indians - well, they did mostly try to 'haggle' or argue at times and shirk any responsibilities at any opportunity.
I found the West Africans the worst of the lot. Total lazy and aggressive types who wanted everything revolve around them. The southern Africans, like Botswanans were much better and disciplined (as Botswana is a more affluent society) with much pride in their homeland Medical Industry and Uni's.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed May 01, 2024 5:26 pm

Aquarius wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:51 pm
Bobby wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:44 am
Jasin wrote:

It's a scandal.

Yep - it's quite a hostile act from a supposed ally.

Apart from that, I know police don't like Indians because they are arrogant and argue the point even though they are in the wrong. And I can't say I liked working with Indian nurses. I've worked with a few and the Hindu ones are the worst. The Sikh was ok - she trained in Australia. But any Indian nurse who trained in India is a total disaster. They never follow proper infection control precautions - they don't even wash their hands half the time. And they can't be told! They'll listen only because they have to and then they'll go off and do things the way they want. Then they don't like it when they get in trouble - insinuate they're being picked on. That unfortunately was the experience I had with them although if they trained here it was different thankfully.
Indians can't be trusted.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » Thu May 02, 2024 8:26 am

Jasin wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:16 pm
The Indian Surgeons & Doctors were good and professional (except for one Gyno creepoid).
As for the General Staff Indians - well, they did mostly try to 'haggle' or argue at times and shirk any responsibilities at any opportunity.
I found the West Africans the worst of the lot. Total lazy and aggressive types who wanted everything revolve around them. The southern Africans, like Botswanans were much better and disciplined (as Botswana is a more affluent society) with much pride in their homeland Medical Industry and Uni's.

I've never really worked with Indian doctors fortunately. When I worked for the mussos back in the 80s, they were bringing in Indonesians on tourist visas and getting them to work in the factory almost as slave labour - although they lived on the premises for free. Naturally they'd overstay their visas - some for years. Occasionally there would be an accident in the factory and one of them would be injured. The CEO would ask me could I take them to the Indian doctor a few blocks away. He would treat them cash in hand without any pesky questions about visas and would ignore the fact that injured workers in Australia are entitled to Work Cover. I would refuse because I didn't want to be involved and because I didn't want some guy dripping blood all over my pristine car. Sorry, I'm not insensitive to someone's suffering but I was employed there doing the accounts and that was not part of my duties.

But have you ever read the book "Sick to Death" about Dr Jayant Patel - also known as Dr Death? He was employed as Director of Surgery at Bundaberg Hospital. A total fraud who should not have been working as a surgeon in any hospital due to his gross negligence charges in the US and his banning from doing surgery. He used to stick his fingers into patient's wounds without wearing any infection control gloves or washing his hands!! An ICU nurse Unit Manager was the whistleblower who exposed him. He was guilty of deaths but as she found out hierarchy is king in the hospital system. Fortunately Hedley Thomas came on board and Patel was quietly whisked away back to the US - and Qld Health even paid his fares. But they got him extradited back to face the courts and he went to jail. What happened in Bundaberg Hospital and the vilification of nurse Toni Hoffman was the stuff of nightmares. There were some podcasts made about it.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu May 02, 2024 3:18 pm

Aquarius,
He used to stick his fingers into patient's wounds without wearing any infection control gloves or
washing his hands!! An ICU nurse Unit Manager was the whistleblower who exposed him.
That's disgusting and could cause loss of life. :WTF

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri May 03, 2024 2:55 pm

Immigration Junkies | Pauline Hanson's Please Explain

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » Sat May 04, 2024 8:05 am

Bobby wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 3:18 pm
Aquarius,
He used to stick his fingers into patient's wounds without wearing any infection control gloves or
washing his hands!! An ICU nurse Unit Manager was the whistleblower who exposed him.
That's disgusting and could cause loss of life. :WTF

And the infection control nurse was running behind him with a box of inspection gloves calling Doctor! Doctor! No wonder he was called Dr Death! He did kill three people with unnecessary operations. That was why Bundaberg Hospital loved him - the number of operations he was doing. That was all that mattered.

Regarding the gloves and handwashing - it was drilled into us from Day 1 - what is the single most important thing a nurse can do to stop the spread of infection? And the answer - wash her hands!! Some people just didn't do it - and they were all Indian from my experience.

It sure wouldn't have happened in Matron's day!