NSW Electoral Redistribution

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Black Orchid

NSW Electoral Redistribution

Post by Black Orchid » Sun May 05, 2024 5:18 pm

With the Albanese government clinging to a three-seat majority, and facing the real risk of being pushed into minority at the 2025 election, Labor is recommending the Liberal seat of Hughes, in Sydney’s south be abolished.

However, in its submission to the AEC, the Nationals say Anthony Albanese’s inner west seat of Grayndler, and the teal seat of North Sydney should be abolished.

The Liberal Party wants the western Sydney Labor seats of Blaxland and Watson, held respectively by cabinet ministers Jason Clare and Tony Burke, merged into a single seat called Watson.

In addition, the Liberals say the north shore seat of Warringah, held by independent Zali Steggall, should be abolished and a new marginal seat, to be named Bird Walton, established in the fast-growing western suburbs, near the Western Sydney Airport.

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/ma ... 030-p5eg3b

Why haven't I heard about this? Labor is as bad as the Democrats.

Bobby

Re: NSW Electoral Redistribution

Post by Bobby » Sun May 05, 2024 5:34 pm

That's a paywalled article.

The 2025 election can't come fast enough.
Albo has gotta go.

Frances

Re: NSW Electoral Redistribution

Post by Frances » Sun May 05, 2024 6:02 pm

Wouldn't make any difference to me. Whoever I vote for, where I live I'll end up with a Liberal as my local member. Last time I checked it was the third safest Liberal held seat in NSW.