The W3O

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
mellie

Re: The W3O

Post by mellie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:46 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alexander ... 98671.html

And of course, Tim is not really one of the webs founding fathers, he himself utters deprecatingly, occasionally, depending on the audience.

8-)

No wonder he's not a fan of Wiki, or Wikileaks....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet <<<<<<---Note the real founding fathers who to this day have not been knighted by the Queen, (Like Tim) and or received numerous prestigious awards for re-badging, or expanding on someone else's idea.

He may be the founder of WWW protocol, and associated regulatory, monitoring, SPYING, organising organisations and foundations these days, this and thought WWW looked better than YYY, but he's not among the 'true' founder of the WWW concept itself.

Who's the father of democracy?

Hint: NOT Thomas Jefferson 8-)
In a Times article in October 2009, Berners-Lee admitted that the forward slashes ("//") in a web address were actually "unnecessary". He told the newspaper that he could easily have designed URLs not to have the forward slashes. "There you go, it seemed like a good idea at the time," he said in his lighthearted apology
A good idea at the time was his rational?

He should tell the truth, which is the 'nameless' student geek who built the information management protocol for he and a CERN colleague of his, was in fact one of many who came up with the WWW concept and protocol along with the said unessential // protocol also... :lol: I'm sure his student helper had his reasons, it's just Tim forgot to ask, (was too busy marketing the finished product) .. that or cant recall what his minion student helper advised at the time..

So from this we may conclude, whilst Mr Berners is not among the true fathers of the the World Wide Web concept itself, he is that of the needless ("//")..... 8-) ...and and thought WWW looked better than YYY.

Last edited by mellie on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bart

Post by Bart » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:48 pm

mellie wrote: Who's the father of democracy?

Would have to be someone from Greece.
Democracy is from the greek word demos (people)
Women...if they had brains they'd be men

The Artist formerly known as Sappho

Post by The Artist formerly known as Sappho » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Bart wrote:

I would tell the forum because it is an interesting story of happen stance, but that would disrupt the mellie/bart tag team which all the forum seem uninterested in engaging.

mellie

Post by mellie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Bart wrote:

Whilst the inventors of democracy are said to be the Greeks who lived in small city-states called poleis... perhaps like "The World Wide Web" democracy itself was the product of may peoples ideas, an ongoing work-in-progress?

Democracy just became, ... as did the internet, founded humbly from a consortium of thinkers, and thieves, who liked to take credit for other peoples ideas, this and destroy that which they claim to have founded.

Not unlike Einstein really, who pinched his infamous theory of relativity from the patients office where he worked as a young man rejected from Art school... , before suddenly becoming a geniuses and receiving honorary university memberships, and Nobel prizes., without being truly Nobel.
8-)

I'm always sceptical of those who receive honorary degrees.

mellie

Post by mellie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:17 pm

Wile E. Coyote wrote:
Bart wrote:

I would tell the forum because it is an interesting story of happen stance, but that would disrupt the mellie/bart tag team which all the forum seem uninterested in engaging.

Happen-stance perhaps, or perceived need.. feel free to share, I for one would like to hear your interesting story.

Bart

Post by Bart » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Wile E. Coyote wrote:

Theyd still have you and all your socks though naffie :tease :tease

mellie

Post by mellie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:32 pm

For Willy...

http://www.co-intelligence.org/I-SocIntelEvolution.html

:) Hence I am having some time-out.. working on my own projects ...theres just too much 'noise' in here with all the in-fighting re- the perpetual election.

So rather than engage, i'm just .....
Last edited by mellie on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bart

Post by Bart » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:35 pm

will have to wait as
naffie has to change IDs to respond

mellie

Post by mellie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:39 pm

Bart wrote:

will have to wait as
naffie has to change IDs to respond

I think Freediver could benefit from this article too...
http://www.co-intelligence.org/I-SocIntelEvolution.html
The idea behind the Soviet Communist Party was that it, as a collective entity, would be the wise leader, the vanguard of the proletariat. Its Central Committee would come up with what to do, then everyone would do it. The main weakness of this approach proved to be Lord Acton's infamous saying: "All power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." Once the Party and its individual members based their calculations on their own - rather than the society's - best interests, the "vanguard approach" became very questionable as a strategy for social intelligence. Also, as Soviet society grew more complex, it became harder to manage from a central point.

Yeah, we here at PA know the feeling well, :lol: And it looks as though soviets have digitally re-organised (adjusted) themselves and are coming up through the ranks of W3C's ... :thumb
Last edited by mellie on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bart

Post by Bart » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:41 pm

FDh as also gone to change IDs :thumb