Western/South Western Sydney Watch

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Black Orchid

Western/South Western Sydney Watch

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:43 am

Let's keep a running tally of the escalating crime in Sydney's hot spot of the usual suspects. Remember only some of them make the news.

Let's see if we can spot the pattern?

Black Orchid

Re: South Western Sydney Watch

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:44 am

Father-of-five Ho Ledinh was shot dead outside the Happy Cup Café in the suburb of Bankstown on Tuesday afternoon.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/ ... -communism

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:45 am

Wednesday

A federal public servant from western Sydney has been charged after allegedly giving Islamic State more than $30,000.

The arrest is part of an ongoing investigation — named Operation PEQIN — into several people alleged to be involved in terrorist activities.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-23/n ... ng/9352322

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:43 am

A 61-year-old woman has been fatally stabbed during a domestic violence incident in Sydney's southwest, with her daughter taken into custody.

Police and multiple ambulance crews were called to the South Granville home at 6.15am on Thursday.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/ ... -in-sydney

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Relatively quiet today so far. It's Australia Day though so I won't be too complacent.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:15 pm

A NSW man charged in relation to the shooting murder of police accountant Curtis Cheng told corrective services staff and firefighters he would "put a bullet" in every single one of them, a court has heard.

Raban Alou is facing a sentence hearing after pleading guilty to aiding, abetting, counselling or procuring a terrorist act by Farhad Jabar Khalil Mohammad, who fatally shot Mr Cheng outside NSW Police Headquarters in Parramatta in 2015.

Crown prosecutor Paul McGuire SC told the NSW Supreme Court on Monday that Alou was lacking remorse, had extremist views and poor prospects of rehabilitation.

He said the 20-year-old threatened corrective services officers and firefighters when there was a blaze at the prison, and made a hand gesture associated with Islamic State.

"I'll get every single one of you on the outside, I'll put a bullet in every single one of you," Alou said, according to the prosecutor.

Alou was also recorded during a Christmas Eve phone call with family members saying he had no regrets and wasn't going to apologise, Mr McGuire said.

The 20-year-old was told by Justice Peter Johnson at the beginning of his hearing that there could be repercussions for refusing to stand during his indictment for religious reasons.

The judge said Alou's refusal to stand in court was inconsistent with the position of the Australian National Imams Council, and he could see no religious basis for it.
http://www.news.com.au/national/breakin ... 585eb3356a

Get the rope ready Bobby!

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Pretty quiet today, just someone shot in the neck :roll:

Don't have a link I heard it on the news.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:06 pm

Black Orchid wrote:Pretty quiet today, just someone shot in the neck :roll:

Don't have a link I heard it on the news.
When I moved to Sydney from Melbourne we moved from Brighton (Melb) to Woollahra (Syd), then St Ives (Syd)... never, ever worried about anything but I did make sure that the doors were locked and windows closed. :mrgreen:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:13 pm

Back then you really didn't have to worry about whether the windows and doors were locked or not unless you lived in Redfern or the like :mrgreen:

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:32 pm

Black Orchid wrote:Back then you really didn't have to worry about whether the windows and doors were locked or not unless you lived in Redfern or the like :mrgreen:
Exactly.