NSW State Election 2019

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Black Orchid

NSW State Election 2019

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:52 pm

Will One Nation shake it up?

Gladys will be out unless she makes a deal with One Nation and Luke Foley is too wishy washy ... so? Whatever happens Gladys will have them tied up for years leaving them no 'out' on projects without suffering massive exit fees.
The Pauline Hanson-led party has applied to be registered for the March 2019 poll and is already on the lookout for candidates.

NSW One Nation senator Brian Burston says there are plans to contest most - if not all - rural seats, as well as fringe Sydney electorates.

"We will cause some damage to them (the coalition) in terms of support," Senator Burston told AAP on Thursday.

"The National Party will fear us, and if they're pragmatic enough and want to survive in some of their seats, they've got to put preferences."

Senator Burston said One Nation was open to doing deals with both major and minor parties, but has his eye on the Liberal-National coalition.

"I'm not sure why a conservative coalition wouldn't want to preference a conservative party of similar thinking in terms of policies," he said.

"Labor will probably shut us out, but I think the coalition's got to be a little bit pragmatic."

NSW Labor has ruled out any preference deal with One Nation and Opposition Leader Luke Foley has called on Premier Gladys Berejiklian to follow suit.

"No mainstream party should deal with a party that trades in racial discrimination," Mr Foley said in a statement on Thursday.

"Labor will not do any preference deals with One Nation and Labor will not give preferences to One Nation at the 2019 state election."

In a statement, a spokesman for Ms Berejiklian said any preference deals were a matter for the Liberal Party.

"NSW has optional preferential voting and we will be encouraging people to vote one for the Liberals or Nationals at the next election," the spokesman said.

Senator Burston believes the state's optional preferential system will work in favour of minor and micro parties.

Ms Hanson is expected to headline the NSW election campaign as the "star of One Nation", he said, and will be involved.

Power prices and regional infrastructure will be a key policy focus./quote]

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/one-nation- ... t-nsw-poll

Rorschach

Re: NSW State Election 2019

Post by Rorschach » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:53 pm

i doubt she will make a deal with PHON.
I doubt PHON will have any quality candidates let alone an adequate quantity of candidates.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

LEFTWINGER supreme

Post by LEFTWINGER supreme » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:45 am

Labor will absolutely romp it in as they will Federally, that is all.

The end.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:24 am

Not sure that's right.
Gladys is on the nose and she has her fair share of dopes, but that is par for the course for our polity these days.

I like Luke Foley, but he's hardly a show-pony and has to carry the fight on his own... they need to get shadow Ministers of substance (if there are any) out in the open.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:49 pm

I'd like to see only independents get voted in.
Neither of the two major parties are worth pissing on if they were on fire.

It would certainly put the cat among the peacocks wouldn't it?
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Too many rusted-ons to be successful

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Well Luke Foley has stood down I am sure Gladys is having a party. Maybe Mark Latham can sort her out.

cods

Post by cods » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:19 pm

LUKE Foley has resigned as NSW Labor Party leader — but has reiterated his denials that he harassed an ABC journalist and will launch legal proceedings.

The first thing I’d like to say is that the allegations against me today, made public by the ABC, are false. I’ve retained solicitors and senior counsels to advise on the immediate commencement of defamation proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia,” Mr Foley said.

“However I can’t fight to clear my name and fight an election at the same time. It’s just not possible to do both. Therefore I am resigning the leadership of the Labor Party effective today. This will enable a new leader to give his or her attention to the task of defeating the Liberal National government. I will be remaining the member for Auburn and returning to the backbench.”

[urlhttps://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/seni ... 821b3e34b6][/url]

is there anyone left who isnt a lying cheating nasty piece of goods..

hes now claiming they are all lying........it sounds like this has been the talk of the ABC for about 18 months.....yet its all lies.. :roll: :roll:

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:23 pm

Foley is gone...

odd that he is going legal re defamation considering there is a witness.
Guess its one of those watch this space moments

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:31 pm

Bad time for them for this to happen. Too bad so sad. I really cannot stand Gladys though.