Cut Immigration NOW

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
LEFTWINGER supreme

Re: Cut Immigration NOW

Post by LEFTWINGER supreme » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:08 pm

So neither of you can answer it, that was easy

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:25 pm

LEFTWINGER supreme wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:08 pm
So neither of you can answer it, that was easy
LEFTWINGER supreme wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:23 pm
Where would the growth come from?
I gave you the answer about growth in the ALP voter base.
If you were referring to growth in crime or ethnic enclaves, you get all 3 with ALP immigration policy.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

LEFTWINGER supreme

Post by LEFTWINGER supreme » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:43 pm

So only Anglo Saxons have been migrating here last six years, well I never 8-)

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:33 am

Valkie wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:22 pm
Send muzzos to China

They really know how to deal with them
Muzzos will be quickly taught how to eat dog. I like that.
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:31 am

PM has six months to get real
By John Stone
November 15, 2018

I am no admirer of Scott Morrison. His duplicitous role in the dismissal of Tony Abbott — a first-term prime minister under whose leadership the Coalition had won 25 seats — was key to Malcolm Turnbull becoming prime minister and all that has since entailed.

Morrison is Prime Minister now, and unless he can lift his game over the next six months we will have a disastrous, Bill ­Shorten-led Labor government.

But it took until last Saturday for him to do or say anything that would help stave off that ­outcome, when he “told it like it is” about Melbourne’s latest Muslim extrem­ist murderer. Among all those Dis-Cons (disaffected conservatives) who, after Abbott’s sacking, deserted the Liberals, cheers rang from the rafters.

Morrison’s words were immediately attacked by not only the Australian National Imams Council but also the left media — the ABC, SBS, the Fairfax dailies, and so on. These are the would-be opinion-formers whose US equivalents President Donald Trump rightly called “enem­­ies of the people”. (More than a decade back I described the ABC as “Aust­ralia’s own Fifth Column”.)

One sensible swallow does not, however, make a politically winning summer. Welcome though this first stirring of political commo­n sense from Morrison is, much more is needed if he is to prevail.

Take the most obvious example of his present policy deficiencies. A major source of criticism of the government — and a major source of support for otherwise fringe parties such as Pauline Hanson’s One Nation, the Aust­ralian Conservatives or the Liberal Democrats — is the widespread public hostility, rising to anger, about our immigration policies.

Yet Morrison, who in February went out of his way to rubbish a thoughtful speech on the topic by Abbott, appears stubbornly reluctant to move in any way decisively on the matter. Instead, he has floated some trivial ideas, such as sending some of the permanent “settler” program intake to regional centres, or asking premiers how many in that program they would like to see allocated to their respective states. Even if they work, which they won’t, these moves merely evade the issues.

Those issues are twofold: the number of newcomers admitte­d annually is far too large; and there is increasing distress over the continued admission of people whose cultural backgrounds are incompatible with our own.

Most commentary has wrongly focused on the permanent settle­r program; but the number producing all the complaints — traffic congestion, pressure on house prices and rental accommodation, competition for jobs (in particular, with young people), downward pressure on lower-­income wages — is net overseas migration. That includes the permanent settler intake (162,400 in 2017-18), but also the refugee and humanitarian program (16,250) and the net movement in and out of all the temporary visa holders — student­s, backpackers, ­working holidaymakers, “guest” workers and so on. In the year ended March 31, net overseas migration amounted to 236,800. We could, and should, cut back the permanent settler program by 60,000 (say) and the net figure would still be too high.

The second issue, however, is where Morrison could really score massively over Labor had he the will to do so. I have written previously about the chuckleheaded nonsense that underlies our “non-discriminatory” immig­ration policy. If Morrison were prepared to say that Australia will continue to be non-discriminatory on racial or ethnic grounds, but will henceforth reject all permanen­t visa applicants judged to be culturally incompatible with our Australian way of life, he would enormously enhance his electoral prospects next year.

That’s precisely why such an announcement would be met with a storm of lefty protest; and the more Morrison stood up unmove­d against that storm, the higher his stocks would rise.

These are large decisions, so the sooner Morrison gets around to addressing them, the better. Meanwhile, he must soon make what should be an easy decision, namely that Australia will not be signing up to the UN Global Compact for Migration and will not, accordingly, send a delegation to the meeting for that purpose in Morocco on December 10.

John Stone is a former secretary to the Treasury and former National Party Senate leader.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:36 am

........... If Morrison were prepared to say that Australia will continue to be non-discriminatory on racial or ethnic grounds, but will henceforth reject all permanen­t visa applicants judged to be culturally incompatible with our Australian way of life, he would enormously enhance his electoral prospects next year.

That’s precisely why such an announcement would be met with a storm of lefty protest; and the more Morrison stood up unmove­d against that storm, the higher his stocks would rise. ................
I would vote for that.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:04 pm

No sane person wouldn't...
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:55 pm

Coalition might make an issue of immigration yet
Judith Sloan
COMMENT
November 20, 2018

Let’s face it, over the past several years, I have written a zillion words arguing for a reduction in the migrant intake. And to date, no one in the Coalition government has taken the least notice of any of my arguments.

To be sure, there has been the rather ridiculous argument made by the government that while the annual cap on permanent migrants has remained at 190,000, the actual number is more like 162,000. If 162,000 is a better number, why not make that the cap? Or why not make the cap lower still?

On Monday night, Scott Morrison delivered the Bradfield Oration. It was replete with close-to-meaningless homilies about cities and infrastructure.

Unlike other treasurers, Morrison never developed any economic understanding during his term in that office. He still makes unsubstantiated assertions about the economic value of immigration, even though the real story is extremely nuanced.

If there are benefits, they are long-term, and there are winners and losers.

But it may be that the Morrison government is beginning to get it. “Population growth has played a key role in our economic success. But I also know Australians in our biggest cities are concerned about population. They are saying: enough, enough, enough. The roads are clogged, the buses and trains are full. The schools are taking no more enrolments. I hear what you are saying. I hear you loud and clear.”

I wonder how loud and clear he is hearing these complaints. A reduction of 30,000 in the cap will do virtually nothing unless the expectation is that the actual number will come in closer to 130,000.

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has given the federal government some space to canvass various options. It would be a tragedy if all that is proposed is a largely meaningless cut to the annual permanent intake.

A much more radical and comprehensive assessment of the immigration program must be made to effect a number of changes and not just in terms of the planning numbers. There are multiple rorts in the system of which the Department of Home Affairs is very aware. These must be dealt with.

Far too many international students, particularly those undertaking bogus vocational education courses, are purely motivated by working in the short term (and being potentially mistreated to boot) and then seeking permanent residence. There is also no case for a universal visa for international students who have graduated to stay in the country — this should be revised immediately.

Within the permanent migrant intake, many of the skilled applicants are not really skilled at all. And employers find it far too easy to import overseas workers rather than recruit and train workers locally. There is also the important issue of the declining English-language skills among new migrants.

If the Morrison government is prepared to significantly adjust the immigration program in terms of both numbers and regulation, this will place considerable pressure on Labor either to follow suit or stick with the status quo. It could actually be game on, politically speaking.
If Morrison was fair dinkum he'd drop the numbers in all categories and the 190,000 to between 70 and 90 thousand. :thumb

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:11 pm

Stop all migration from dead shite countries full stop

No muzzos ever

No Africans ever

No Arabs or Indians ever.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream