Even more corruption in the ALP

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Juliar

Even more corruption in the ALP

Post by Juliar » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:54 pm

Is the Union and Greeny controlled Labor Party drowning in its own slime ?

'Who's going to protect Albo': Tapes show how powerbroker controls ALP
By Nick McKenzie, Joel Tozer and Sumeyya Ilanbey June 14, 2020 — 8.35pm

A Victorian Labor Party powerbroker has threatened to end the careers of several federal MPs, while also claiming to be “protecting” Anthony Byrne, deputy chair of the Australian Parliament’s powerful intelligence committee.

Adem Somyurek, a cabinet minister in the Victorian state government and a member of the ALP national executive, has talked about his political reach in Canberra extending to federal Labor leader Anthony Albanese, declaring: “Who’s going to protect Albo?”

Secret footage shows MP Adam Somyurek handing cash to a Labor party staffer in a suburban car park. Warning: offensive language.

Mr Somyurek, who says he controls nearly two-thirds of the Victorian ALP, has been captured on secret audio and video recordings running an “industrial-scale” branch-stacking operation that would reshape the make-up of Labor Party branches at federal and state level and give him control of which MPs sit in Parliament.

As a member of the ALP national executive, and with his control over Labor Party branches, Mr Somyurek has huge sway over who gets the right to contest federal seats or is gifted a safe seat.

Read on about the endless corruption in the Union and Greeny controlled Labor Party.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 552hc.html

Juliar

Re: Even more corruption in the ALP

Post by Juliar » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:30 am

The hopeless irrelevant Union and Greeny controlled Labor Party seems to be tearing out its own innards.

60 Minutes: Victoria Labor MP Adem Somyurek accused of branch stacking
AAP news.com.auJUNE 15, 2020 6:31AM

A senior Victorian government minister has been accused of branch-stacking amid accusations he called the Minister for Women a “b*tch”.

A senior Victorian government minister has been accused of branch-stacking using both taxpayer funds and his own cash while taking aim at his former colleagues in the process.

An investigation by The Age and 60 Minutes has revealed upper house MP Adem Somyurek handed over thousands of dollars in cash and used parliamentary employees to create fake branch members and amass political influence within the Australian Labor Party.

Mr Somyurek also takes aim at his colleagues, including fellow Labor minister Marlene Kairouz, who he describes as holding a “meaningless” portfolio “made up just to make it look like we’re interested in the suburbs”.

He labels the Minister for Women and the Prevention of Family Violence Gabrielle Williams a “stupid bitch” whom he will “f***ing force … out of the ministry”.

Somyurek also describes these young staffers helping him as “patronising and annoying”, and “real little f***ing slimy little f***ers, little passive- aggressive f***ing gay kids”.’

BRANCH STACKING ACCUSATIONS

Footage shows Mr Somyurek on April 13 withdrawing $2000 in cash from an ATM, before handing it and dozens of party membership forms, to an adviser working for Ms Kairouz, who then delivers the forms and cash to ALP head office.

Oh my God does Labor corruption ever end ?

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/le ... d2a8429ac8

Juliar

Post by Juliar » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:53 am

One wonders when the next scandal about Chinese bribes will happen.

‘F**k the premier’: Labor’s secret tapes reveal industrial scale stackathon
By Nick McKenzie, Sumeyya Ilanbey and Joel Tozer JUNE 14, 2020

On a clear autumn day just before noon one of the most powerful politicians in Victoria drove into a suburban shopping centre car park, got out of his four-wheel-drive and walked briskly to an ATM. He used two bank cards to withdraw a wad of cash.

Wearing a dark blue sweater, balding and slightly paunchy, Adem Somyurek strode towards the shopping centre as if on an ordinary grocery run. But he then spun around and walked back to his car. He drove to the furthest parking spot, opposite a Red Rooster.

With the money stuffed into a blue folder along with Labor membership forms, the state cabinet minister waited for the handover. His bagman Nick McLennan, a senior adviser to another of Premier Daniel Andrews’ ministers, was on his way. After arriving, McLennan made his way to Somyurek’s car, leant into the driver’s side window and took the folder filled with $50 notes.

Revel in the slime of Labor corruption here

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 552g2.html

Juliar

Post by Juliar » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:17 am

Holy Moses STOP PRESS!!!!  Labor jewel of corruption sent to PURGATORY like Mr Been.

Victorian Labor minister Adem Somyurek resigns following branch-stacking allegations
By 9News Staff 9:28am Jun 15, 2020

Victorian upper house MP Adem Somyurek has resigned as minister following an investigation by The Age and 60 Minutes that alleged he handed over thousands of dollars in cash and used parliamentary employees to create fake branch members and amass political influence within the Australian Labor Party.

Mr Somyurek denied allegations of branch-stacking and in a statement said: "With respect to allegations made around memberships of the party, I reject those and will be providing a rigorous defence during any party process."

read it here

https://www.9news.com.au/national/victo ... a5ac63622c

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:09 am

Watching 60 mins now
:OMG :OMG :OMG :OMG :WTF :WTF :WTF :WTF :oops :oops :oops :oops
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:49 pm

Actually, the Premier advised that the dude was sacked and that he has referred the matter for further investigation.
Adem Somyurek, is more interested in how his private conversations were exposed.

Congratulations to the media for exposing this and to the Premier for sacking the prick.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:43 pm

Daniel Andrews must resign - surely he knew about it and did nothing?

Last night on 60 minutes:

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6164156919001

Daniel Andrews 'responsible' for embattled MP's behaviour.

15/06/2020|3min

Victoria’s Opposition Leader Michael O’Brien says Premier Daniel Andrews is “the root of the problem” and “responsible for the disgraceful abuse of power” which saw MP Adem Somyurek sacked after a series of damaging recordings were revealed.

Mr Andrews sacked Mr Somyurek with plans to remove him from the party after 60 Minutes published a series of explosive secret recordings which have plunged Labor into damage control.

“Daniel Andrews has been the leader of Labor for the last 10 years,” Mr O’Brien said.

“He’s set the standards and he’s created the culture.

“He plays hard politics and he shouldn’t be surprised when those around him do exactly the same thing.

“Daniel Andrews is responsible for this disgraceful abuse of power we have seen.”

Image: News Corp Australia

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:33 pm

I didn't watch 60 Minutes but it would be impossible for Andrews not to know. That man has to go and it leaves me absolutely dumbfounded that Victorians keep voting him back in.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:53 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:33 pm
I didn't watch 60 Minutes but it would be impossible for Andrews not to know.
That man has to go and it leaves me absolutely dumbfounded that Victorians keep voting him back in.

It was always his soft on crime stance that I didn't like.
I'm not seeing the Sudanese home invasions anymore on TV but I think
it's been censored out of our news.
I'm not really sure.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:40 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:33 pm
I didn't watch 60 Minutes but it would be impossible for Andrews not to know. That man has to go and it leaves me absolutely dumbfounded that Victorians keep voting him back in.
If Andrews did not know, he should have
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.