Massive cyber attack on Australia

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Juliar

Massive cyber attack on Australia

Post by Juliar » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:00 pm

Roar!!!!

Cor blimey! What's going on ? Is it the Chows, the Russions, the Iranies ? Is Australia SO important ?

Is it the WARNING of an IMMINENT INVASION!!! An IMMINENT NEW VIRUS ATTACK???

The thing is ScoMo, raised in the battle ground of advertising, is as cunning as an outhouse rat and is playing the game.

Albo, on the other hand, raised in the soggy swamps of Union Brown Nosing, would have immediately blurted out IT IS THE CHOWS!!!!!

If no damage was caused then ScoMo will lay low while the security experts close the holes up.

Read all about it here:-

Australia targeted in massive ‘state-based’ cyber attack
9:26am, Jun 19, 2020 Updated: 13m ago

Excerpt:-

According the Council on Foreign Relations, China, Russia and Iran are the top three states suspected of sponsoring cyber operations.

Asked directly if he believed China was behind the sustained attack, Mr Morrison refused to speculate, saying only that “there aren’t too many state-based actors who have those capabilities”.

“We are very confident that this is the actions of a state-based actor. We have not gone any further than that,” he said.

“I can’t control what speculation others might engage in on this issue or, frankly, any other. I have simply laid out the facts as we know them
and as we have disclosed today.”

Australia’s relationship with China has deteriorated in recent months, particularly after Mr Morrison’s push for an inquiry into the origins of the coronavirus.

On Friday, Defence Minister Linda Reynolds urged all Australian organisations to protect their networks from cyber attack.

“There is no doubt that malicious cyber activity is increasing in frequency, scale, in sophistication and in its impact,” she said.

“This activity harms Australia’s national security and also our economic interests.”

He said the investigations conducted so far have not revealed any large-scale personal data breaches.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/nationa ... june-2020/

Black Orchid

Re: Massive cyber attack on Australia

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:27 pm

Chinese assets need to be seized, Chinese nationals need to be expelled, politicians and business people with dubious links to the CCP need to be investigated and strategic assets that leftist states have sold to the Chinese need to be reclaimed.

Oh and ScoMo needs to fire Gladys Liu.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:35 pm

ScoMo,
He said the investigations conducted so far have not
revealed any large-scale personal data breaches.

QUESTION -

Does that mean that any person who has had their private information
breached, will be informed about it?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:38 pm

i very much doubt it and it will be downplayed anyway.

Luckily the left are tied up with their own disastrous corruption and may not block any action ScoMo might choose to take although I don't have any faith in him either.

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:50 pm

The cyber attack on Parliament house (Feb last year?) was traced by the Israelis back to China.
Once traced we learnt their 'trade craft' (methods).
ASD (formerly DSD in the army) has acquired offensive cyber capabilities ... as opposed to defensive - like fire walls).
ASD also have high level hacking capabilities. Supposedly if/when you get hacked by the Aussies you're very unlikely to know who did it, if you realise you've been hacked in the first place. China's playing with fire and they're very likely to get burnt.

I predict this expansionist aggression by China (on all fronts) will backfire massively.
Best case scenario is China loses face, so the party trumps up charges against Xi & Co and executes them.
Worst case scenario is most of the world, especially other Asian nations all gang up, smash China militarily and then everyone takes a piece of mainland China. So (muslim) Xinjiang would go back to Turkmenistan, Hong Kong would federate with Taiwan, Inner Mongolia would join with Mongolia, and Tibet would become an Indian protectorate.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:39 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:38 pm
i very much doubt it and it will be downplayed anyway.

Luckily the left are tied up with their own disastrous corruption and may not block any action ScoMo might choose to take although I don't have any faith in him either.
No one has been told if their data was stolen.
This is bad for all our security.
Our Govt. is not protecting us and hiding the breaches.