Mattieus Cormann Resigns

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Black Orchid

Mattieus Cormann Resigns

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:11 pm

One of Scott Morrison’s most senior ministers, Mathias Cormann, is retiring from politics at the end of the year, leaving a big hole in one of the key portfolios at a time of a recession.

Senator Cormann has been finance minister since 2013 and has worked under three Liberal prime ministers.

“Having decided not to recontest the next election, I can confirm that I have advised the prime minister that the end of this year would be an appropriate time for an orderly transition in my portfolio,” he said in a statement on Sunday.

“Before handing over the baton, there is another six months or so of hard work to be done in this job, to help manage a responsible transition out of this coronavirus induced crisis and to help finalise and set in train our five-year plan to maximise the strength of our economic and jobs recovery.”

Senator Cormann, 49, entered federal politics in 2007 and became the government’s upper house leader in 2017.

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said Senator Cormann has been a “tower of strength” for the Coalition.
https://7news.com.au/politics/cormann-a ... -c-1145447

Juliar

Re: Mattieus Cormann Resigns

Post by Juliar » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:48 pm

Getting out before the really hard stuff starts.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:31 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:11 pm
One of Scott Morrison’s most senior ministers, Mathias Cormann, is retiring from politics at the end of the year, leaving a big hole in one of the key portfolios at a time of a recession.

Senator Cormann has been finance minister since 2013 and has worked under three Liberal prime ministers.

“Having decided not to recontest the next election, I can confirm that I have advised the prime minister that the end of this year would be an appropriate time for an orderly transition in my portfolio,” he said in a statement on Sunday.

“Before handing over the baton, there is another six months or so of hard work to be done in this job, to help manage a responsible transition out of this coronavirus induced crisis and to help finalise and set in train our five-year plan to maximise the strength of our economic and jobs recovery.”

Senator Cormann, 49, entered federal politics in 2007 and became the government’s upper house leader in 2017.

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said Senator Cormann has been a “tower of strength” for the Coalition.
https://7news.com.au/politics/cormann-a ... -c-1145447

Drat, I like him.
Hopefully it is more a team effort than a one man band
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:11 am

Good riddance to the hun.

But it galls me that this imported deadbeat will get his pension from us long suffering taxpayers.

His fake accent grates on my nerves.

Good riddance to the turd.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream