Family First

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Hebe

Family First

Post by Hebe » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:38 pm

What an idiot Steve Fielding is and what a disastrous amount of power he has:
Silly Steve Fielding joined with the Coalition on Wednesday to vote down government electoral reforms that would tie public funding for election candidates to their electoral expenditure, lower the threshold for disclosure of donations to $1000 from $10,000 (which the Howard government used its Senate majority to jack it up to), ban foreign donations and anonymous donations of over $50, and require parties to disclose donations every six months rather than annually. The sticking point is Fielding’s insistence that the government also arbitrarily cap public funding to political parties at $10 million. The bill was reintroduced to the House yesterday.
http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollbludger/ ... 605-395-4/
In February 2009, he told a Senate hearing that he believed divorce added to the impact of global warming because it resulted in people switching to a "resource-inefficient lifestyle
That's from Wkipedia. Who voted this dickhead in? :roll:
The better I get to know people, the more I find myself loving dogs.

Jovial Monk

Re: Family First

Post by Jovial Monk » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Fucking Vic ALP in a stupid pref deal!

Did you see him almost crying in the Senate when the vote for the $42Bn second stimulus package came up? LOW_IQ thought it showed his compassion--which shows just how low an IQ can go--but Steve didn't want to have a to make a decision. Why did you go into the Senate then, dopy?

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:32 pm

Just heard him whack on about the alcopops bill. Not sure WTF he said apart from 20 or more "It's a joke!" but think he will support the bill. Mr X having pissed in the Bill now likes it flavor. Greens & Xenophon will pass the Bill.

Fibs opposing because it was a Costello fuckup in the first place.

So the Bill will go through with the cross benches having achieved a derisive extra $50m on alcohol education.

If the cross benchers don't and the distillers ramp up an advertising/discount any death from binge drinking of the dreadful alcopops will be blamed on them.

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Mr X having pissed in the Bill now likes it flavor.
Not the sort of RTD that appeals to me. :D

The vote must be soon but nothing on PB yet.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Apparently the Coalition voted for Fieldings amendment. It is now back in the 'Reps and back to the Senate where Fielding will likely cave in. He will probably cry again or something ludicrous.

Postul8

Post by Postul8 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Indeed, Fielding is an embarrassment, but thankfully only to himself

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:20 pm

And the Opposition is going to oppose the "Ruddbank" which would protect construction jobs on commercial properties and act to prevent commercial property prices nosediving. The govt would actually make money on this. So Fielding will be given another chance to embarrass himself.

You gotta wonder about the Fibs tho: Labor is getting is legislative program through the Senate with fiddly changes at the margin from the crossbenchers. The coalition is having no say in any of this cecause they outright oppose it.

Is Turnbull going to do another song and dance about the govt not talking to them? Don't oppose willy nilly, offer serious amendments and negotiate hard on them. Easier for Labor to deal with the Fibs than having to 'herd cats' and deal with the disparate collection of crossbenchers.

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:07 pm

While the Fibs are squabbling about the leadership, they're marginalising themselves. What a rabble they are at present - I'd put a muzzle on Wilson Tuckey for a start.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:18 pm

Fielding is an idiot. If he doesn't pass the Bill the money will have to be refunded to the distillers who have receipts for the excise paid. What an outcome for a so-called "Christian"

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:30 pm

Anyone who goes into Parliament labelling themselves as a Christian scares the pants of me (so to speak - not doing a "Hanson" here).

The last real Christian and honest parliamentarian was Brian Harradine.

*Runs for the hills*