My Platform 2014.

This is where the *dirty* pictures go.
Aussie

My Platform 2014.

Post by Aussie » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:09 pm

This is just a first draft. It will be polished up in the next day of so.

My main policies are minimal intervention and no radical changes. The board seems to be running well, as long as the most disruptive of the troll posts and spam are kept down. There are some people who absolutely should be kept out of it.

Day-to-day weeding of spam and general nastiness is primarily the job of the moderators, and I will appoint one Moderator, if they were willing. I'd also unlikely consider other candidates even if there was popular support for them. Of course, I'd also contribute to moderation duties, as one person can't read everything.

Administration itself largely consists in keeping the board running smoothly, updating the code to patch security holes and fix bugs, and dealing with any technical issues that may arise. Most of these things are invisible to forum users (unless something goes wrong!). I'd talk to freediver over our respective roles in this.

As for the biggest problem confronting the board, it's largely to do with certain individuals making it a hostile place for others. One of these - NOIQ - I would regard as being on permanent probation, subject to having their account suspended at any time, for any reason, without argument or appeal.

He has earned a permanent ban many times over, but keeping on troublesome members is a PA tradition and I don't want to change that. His behaviour will, however, be kept in check. Harassment of new members will not be tolerated - we need to encourage new people, not scare them off.

Subject to the above, "Steady as she goes" is the main basis of my policy, with a commitment to do all I can to keep new registrants here, and attract more.

:f

skippy

Re: My Platform 2014.

Post by skippy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Wow that was worth waiting for. :roll .
All you've done is whinge about how fucked the joint is and you're just going to keep it steady as she goes with minimal intervention and no radical changes.
Except you're going to ban IQ he'll be lucky to last a day under you.

This election comes down to who can you trust, and it ain't you. Who's your mod going to be?

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:20 pm

So basically... what you are saying is you are not going to do anything, all you are interested in is... THE PRECIOUS
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Love the fact that is just a first draft. :rofl
The question is why did you even bother. :roll:
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:22 pm

skippy wrote:Wow that was worth waiting for. :roll .
All you've done is whinge about how fucked the joint is and you're just going to keep it steady as she goes with minimal intervention and no radical changes.

This election comes down to who can you trust, and it ain't you. Who's your mod going to be?
I asked first. You wanted the platform before you'd answer my questions. Why do you want the job, and who will be your Moderators.

:pope

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:38 pm

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Anyone remember Aussies radical changes during his previous terms? They started after his lying manifestos as well.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Aussie wrote:

I asked first. You wanted the platform before you'd answer my questions. Why do you want the job, and who will be your Moderators.

So your non-manifesto was just a petty political ploy then eh? :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
You are pathetic, Useless.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:42 pm

The main reason people should vote for me is...

Aussie will get his just desserts.

No one else will make sure Aussie's destructive behaviour is reigned in.
I will make sure he will never be able to trouble posters or this forum again.

I have been doing some research regarding the PHPBB software and there are a few tricks that can be employed against a serial protagonist such as Aussie so that he will be rendered harmless, have a target on his forehead and failing all else be made permanently absent.

Although, should I win, I gather he will slither off an hide somewhere until he thinks there is another chance at destabilizing the forum. My bag of tricks mentioned above will render it impossible for him to do so, even after a change of admin.

Please think seriously about your vote and what you want for this forum. Aussie is the largest problem we have here. An incoming admin should make the biggest problems their priority. A vote for me will ensure the problem is taken care of.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:45 pm

Rorschach wrote:
Aussie wrote:

So your non-manifesto was just a petty political ploy then eh? :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
You are pathetic, Useless.
Not at all. I am in this to win. I have published that draft so you get an idea of where I am heading. I do know already that many, many Members will be attracted to that Platform, even skippy. (I have had 'focus groups' working on it.) That Group tell me that AiA, NOIQ, SN, Mantra, Neferti, TG of IK, Hebe, Sappho, BO and mellie will be mightily attracted to my Policy as there drafted.

:f
Last edited by Aussie on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:50 pm

IQS.RLOW wrote:The main reason people should vote for me is...

Aussie will get his just desserts.

No one else will make sure Aussie's destructive behaviour is reigned in.
I will make sure he will never be able to trouble posters or this forum again.

I have been doing some research regarding the PHPBB software and there are a few tricks that can be employed against a serial protagonist such as Aussie so that he will be rendered harmless, have a target on his forehead and failing all else be made permanently absent.

Although, should I win, I gather he will slither off an hide somewhere until he thinks there is another chance at destabilizing the forum. My bag of tricks mentioned above will render it impossible for him to do so, even after a change of admin.

Please think seriously about your vote and what you want for this forum. Aussie is the largest problem we have here. An incoming admin should make the biggest problems their priority. A vote for me will ensure the problem is taken care of.
As much as Useless needs the boot Tourettes... having you as a mod or admin would be just another disaster. You've proven how obsessive, immature, untrustworthy and dishonest you are. Not much of an improvement on your nemesis.

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Didn't you get the memo? No one gives a fuck what you think.

Spamming the board "Monk style" is winning you no friends, so they tell me.