The World in 2030

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Nom De Plume

The World in 2030

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:08 pm

By 2030 the average person in the U.S. will have 4.5 packages a week delivered with flying drones. They will travel 40% of the time in a driverless car, use a 3D printer to print hyper-individualized meals, and will spend most of their leisure time on an activity that hasn’t been invented yet.

The world will have seen over 2 billion jobs disappear, with most coming back in different forms in different industries, with over 50% structured as freelance projects rather than full-time jobs.

Over 50% of today’s Fortune 500 companies will have disappeared, over 50% of traditional colleges will have collapsed, and India will have overtaken China as the most populous country in the world.

Most people will have stopped taking pills in favor of a new device that causes the body to manufacture it’s own cures.

Space colonies, personal privacy, and flying cars will all be hot topics of discussion, but not a reality yet.

Most of today’s top causes, including climate change, gay liberation, and abortion, will all be relegated to little more than footnotes in Wikipedia, and Wikipedia itself will have lost the encyclopedia wars to an upstart company all because Jimmy Wales was taken hostage and beheaded by warring factions in the Middle East over a controversial entry belittling micro religions.

https://www.futuristspeaker.com/busines ... -for-2030/
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

BigP

Re: The World in 2030

Post by BigP » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:24 pm

""By 2030 the average person in the U.S. will have 4.5 packages a week delivered with flying drones. They will travel 40% of the time in a driverless car, use a 3D printer to print hyper-individualized meals, and will spend most of their leisure time on an activity that hasn’t been invented yet.""

Aint gonna happen Nom, we have been down this road before, in regards to predicting the future, always takes longer than peeps anticipate,,

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:24 pm

My fav is...By 2030 scientists will have perfected an active cross-species communication system, enabling some species to talk to each other as well as humans.

I think I'll move into feline psychology to help cats and their owners reconcile conflict. 8-)

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:43 pm

BigP wrote:""By 2030 the average person in the U.S. will have 4.5 packages a week delivered with flying drones. They will travel 40% of the time in a driverless car, use a 3D printer to print hyper-individualized meals, and will spend most of their leisure time on an activity that hasn’t been invented yet.""

Aint gonna happen Nom, we have been down this road before, in regards to predicting the future, always takes longer than peeps anticipate,,

BigP

Post by BigP » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:55 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
BigP wrote:""By 2030 the average person in the U.S. will have 4.5 packages a week delivered with flying drones. They will travel 40% of the time in a driverless car, use a 3D printer to print hyper-individualized meals, and will spend most of their leisure time on an activity that hasn’t been invented yet.""

She should have stuck to selling icecream lol

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:46 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:By 2030 the average person in the U.S. will have 4.5 packages a week delivered with flying drones. They will travel 40% of the time in a driverless car, use a 3D printer to print hyper-individualized meals, and will spend most of their leisure time on an activity that hasn’t been invented yet.

The world will have seen over 2 billion jobs disappear, with most coming back in different forms in different industries, with over 50% structured as freelance projects rather than full-time jobs.

Over 50% of today’s Fortune 500 companies will have disappeared, over 50% of traditional colleges will have collapsed, and India will have overtaken China as the most populous country in the world.

Most people will have stopped taking pills in favor of a new device that causes the body to manufacture it’s own cures.

Space colonies, personal privacy, and flying cars will all be hot topics of discussion, but not a reality yet.

Most of today’s top causes, including climate change, gay liberation, and abortion, will all be relegated to little more than footnotes in Wikipedia, and Wikipedia itself will have lost the encyclopedia wars to an upstart company all because Jimmy Wales was taken hostage and beheaded by warring factions in the Middle East over a controversial entry belittling micro religions.

I am still waiting for the Robots who will do your housework and ironing, predicted to be by the year 2000. :giggle

BigP

Post by BigP » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:18 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:By 2030 the average person in the U.S. will have 4.5 packages a week delivered with flying drones. They will travel 40% of the time in a driverless car, use a 3D printer to print hyper-individualized meals, and will spend most of their leisure time on an activity that hasn’t been invented yet.

I am still waiting for the Robots who will do your housework and ironing, predicted to be by the year 2000. :giggle
Been a long time between drinks, Abolition of slavery in the 1800's and the robots have not yet turned up

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:27 pm

Well they have robot vacuum cleaners that you just program and they shufffle around doing their thing. Same thing with lawns. I would be happy with that so all they have to do now is come up with self cleaning toilets and baths.

How lazy would we become then though?

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:34 pm

Many more people will be doing more for their own health
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

BigP

Post by BigP » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:40 pm

Black Orchid wrote:Well they have robot vacuum cleaners that you just program and they shufffle around doing their thing. Same thing with lawns. I would be happy with that so all they have to do now is come up with self cleaning toilets and baths.

How lazy would we become then though?
Like slaves you would just have them doin the crap you couldnt be bothered with