The World in 2030

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
The Mechanic

Re: The World in 2030

Post by The Mechanic » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:By 2030 the average person in the U.S. will have 4.5 packages a week delivered with flying drones. They will travel 40% of the time in a driverless car, use a 3D printer to print hyper-individualized meals, and will spend most of their leisure time on an activity that hasn’t been invented yet.

The world will have seen over 2 billion jobs disappear, with most coming back in different forms in different industries, with over 50% structured as freelance projects rather than full-time jobs.

Over 50% of today’s Fortune 500 companies will have disappeared, over 50% of traditional colleges will have collapsed, and India will have overtaken China as the most populous country in the world.

Most people will have stopped taking pills in favor of a new device that causes the body to manufacture it’s own cures.

Space colonies, personal privacy, and flying cars will all be hot topics of discussion, but not a reality yet.

Most of today’s top causes, including climate change, gay liberation, and abortion, will all be relegated to little more than footnotes in Wikipedia, and Wikipedia itself will have lost the encyclopedia wars to an upstart company all because Jimmy Wales was taken hostage and beheaded by warring factions in the Middle East over a controversial entry belittling micro religions.

https://www.futuristspeaker.com/busines ... -for-2030/
I am still waiting for the Robots who will do your housework and ironing, predicted to be by the year 2000. :giggle
remember the Y2K scam??

everyone ran around updating their computers when they didn't have to...

made computer companies BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars...

my boss at the time was a computer nerd...

doubted what they were saying and guess what...

he adjusted the clock in his computer to December 31 1999

waited for the time to tick over.... and guess what... nothing happened...

anyone could have done this... anyone...
Beware the Fury of a Patient Man Q WWG1WGA ▄︻╦デ╤一

Malcolm_hates_your_kids

Post by Malcolm_hates_your_kids » Sat May 12, 2018 1:20 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:Many more people will be doing more for their own health
Like dish washers most people wont bother using them!
Stop making things worse! :pope

WellWisher

Post by WellWisher » Fri May 25, 2018 8:33 am

I guess u just have to go back 12 years to 2006 and life wasn't much different to what it is now, I think the timeframe is to small on the article, I think they r nice goals though. :thumb

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Sat May 26, 2018 3:59 pm

I think the article has the wrong timeframe but don't underestimate how fast AI is coming.

AI is going to change everything.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Malcolm_hates_your_kids

Post by Malcolm_hates_your_kids » Sat May 26, 2018 4:13 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:Many more people will be doing more for their own health
Yay, go exercise for no reason! :shock:

Malcolm_hates_your_kids

Post by Malcolm_hates_your_kids » Sat May 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Super Nova wrote:I think the article has the wrong timeframe but don't underestimate how fast AI is coming.

AI is going to change everything.
Everything is going to change everything!

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:08 pm

Global Mega Trends to 2030, a recent report from the business consulting firm Frost & Sullivan, paints a picture of an automated transhuman world.
The top trend is transhumanism, which will drive “technology-driven evolution at an unprecedented speed of change, propelling deeper questions into what it is to be human”.

Other trends identified in the report include an overall move to automation, virtual reality leading to a matrix-like “total reality-virtuality continuum“, a rollout of 6G, and “ubiquitous connectivity anytime and anywhere by 2030”.
Here is a summary of the report:

1. Transhumanism: Humanity is entering the rise of technology-driven evolution at an unprecedented speed of change, propelling deeper questions into what it is to be human.

2. Autonomous World: Autonomous applications could extend beyond warehouses to outside logistics with the industrial, aerospace, smart home infrastructure, and automotive industries becoming fully automated and intelligent.

3. Connected Living: Seamless integration of video, voice, and data services will provide access and ubiquitous connectivity anytime and anywhere by 2030.

4. Industry 5.0: With collaborative human-machine interaction, Industry 4.0 will begin to move towards Industry 5.0 in an iconic transition towards mass customization and extreme personalization.

5. Digital Reality as Frontier Technology: Augmented and virtual reality technology will begin evolving towards a total reality-virtuality continuum.

6. Complex Needs of a Heterogenous Society: A heterogeneous society will transform business models across a diverse set of industries.

7. Data as 21st Century Oil: Data will become as important as oil, reaching into previously unserved customer segments that help in opening up new revenue streams.

8. Era of Intelligent Digital Assistants: Intelligent assistants will optimize and personalize daily experiences across all activities and environments.

9. ‘Uberization’ of Industries: Peer-to-peer (P2P) services are expected to transform and penetrate several non-traditional applications.

10. Concept of ‘Zero’ World: A Mega Vision of a Zero concept world, which will urge companies to shift focus and develop products and technologies that innovate to zero.

11. Rise of Platform Economy: Digital leaders will consolidate efforts to build a diverse ecosystem, comprising of infrastructure on which platforms are built.

12. Zero Latency World: A world with no latency will emerge from ongoing advancements in 5G and the introduction of 6G by 2030, wherein millions of connected devices will interact in real-time at microsecond latency.

http://www.oldthinkernews.com/2019/12/1 ... ed-future/
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Mortdooley

Post by Mortdooley » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:50 am

I don't know or predict what ten years from now will be like because I never imagined we would sink so deeply into bizarro world back in 2010. Few if any of those predictions will happen. What comes next probably won't be an improvement, may you live in interesting time!
Taxpayers are the modern equivalent of Hebrew slaves building the pyramids for the Egyptian political class.