Post by brian ross » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:57 pm

Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Nom De Plume

Re: Climate Change

Post by Nom De Plume » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:31 am

brian ross wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:24 pm
My input?

My only input is that the world needs to come to it's senses - the whole world and that includes China and India. We are rapidly destroying the environment. The Atmosphere, the Oceans, the earth. I am starting to think that we are the thing that is poisoning Gaia. :roll
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:11 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:31 am
brian ross wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:24 pm
My input?

My only input is that the world needs to come to it's senses - the whole world and that includes China and India. We are rapidly destroying the environment. The Atmosphere, the Oceans, the earth. I am starting to think that we are the thing that is poisoning Gaia. :roll
He also said this:
brian ross wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:29 pm
It always amuses me when people like Black Orchid, reboot and 4E jump on the bandwagon to criticise me for in turn criticising America. I don't hate America. I am critical of it's Government's actions and policies, just as I am of my own. I've worked with, corresponded with and spoken to numerous Americans and got on well with most of them. I still have American friends (and it appears enemies if 4E is anything to go by :rofl ) from decades ago. I don't even particularly dislike el Presidente' Trump. I find his buffoonry rather boring actually. Bernie would make a better el Presidente' IMO.

However, I don't believe in jumping on the "I love America" bandwagon. They have made numerous mistakes, some deliberate, some not. One only has to look at Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq to see that. Then we have Saudi Arabia and Iran. Sometimes they attempt to do good. Sometimes they do good without even trying (eg firefighters sent to help us) which I appreciate.

Enjoy your time on that bandwagon. :Hi
The problem is, I never see him and his ilk criticizing the top nations. They always crap on about what Australia should do when the gas emissions is minimal as opposed to those two.

He's a charlatan, and whatever he says is a load of crap in my view. The amount of times he has contradicted himself doesn't put much faith in his "credibility".

Now, that's the second time you've attempted to "call me out". Keep trying, sweetie. But don't bust your brain, whatever you do. :lol:

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:04 pm

You still don't get it... Oh well.. Put your bib on babe as you need spoon feeding.

Nom De Plume wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:44 pm
The reality is that the Green Deal [and its massive debt load] will amount to a drag on German manufacturing and the eurozone economy as a whole."
"Privately, a lot of people are admitting that Trump is doing the stuff we should be doing - fiscal stimulus."
Simply put, Ferguson dares to say that all the virtue-signaling is not in any way candid, because if it were, they would admit that
"60% of CO2 emissions since Greta Thunberg was born is attributable to China... but nobody talks about that. They talk as if its somehow Europeans and Americans who are going to fix this problem... which is frustrating because it doesn't get to the heart of the matter."
Ferguson comfortably admits that there is a climate change problem, but that's not the point. The point is what are we going to do about it, to which he asks rhetorically...
"If you're serious about slowing CO2 emissions and temperatures rising it has to be China and India that are constrained."

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ling-greta
When I posted that comment by Neil Ferguson, I specifically asked for BRs opinion. Twice, in fact... and grudgingly he replied.
My input?

My only input is that the world needs to come to it's senses - the whole world and that includes China and India. We are rapidly destroying the environment. The Atmosphere, the Oceans, the earth. I am starting to think that we are the thing that is poisoning Gaia. :roll:
Now, why would BR ignore the request the first time and then grudgingly and quite curtly reply on the second attempt?

I'll tell you... As most of you know, Brian is a Historian... a left-wing historian
Neil Ferguson, on the other hand is a right-wing Historian.

Both Historians are in agreement with each other!

So, why not explore solutions that would curtail carbon emissions, by China and India...

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:49 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:04 pm
You still don't get it... Oh well.. Put your bib on babe as you need spoon feeding.

Nom De Plume wrote:
The reality is that the Green Deal [and its massive debt load] will amount to a drag on German manufacturing and the eurozone economy as a whole."
"Privately, a lot of people are admitting that Trump is doing the stuff we should be doing - fiscal stimulus."
Simply put, Ferguson dares to say that all the virtue-signaling is not in any way candid, because if it were, they would admit that
"60% of CO2 emissions since Greta Thunberg was born is attributable to China... but nobody talks about that. They talk as if its somehow Europeans and Americans who are going to fix this problem... which is frustrating because it doesn't get to the heart of the matter."
Ferguson comfortably admits that there is a climate change problem, but that's not the point. The point is what are we going to do about it, to which he asks rhetorically...
"If you're serious about slowing CO2 emissions and temperatures rising it has to be China and India that are constrained."

When I posted that comment by Neil Ferguson, I specifically asked for BRs opinion. Twice, in fact... and grudgingly he replied.
My input?

My only input is that the world needs to come to it's senses - the whole world and that includes China and India. We are rapidly destroying the environment. The Atmosphere, the Oceans, the earth. I am starting to think that we are the thing that is poisoning Gaia. :roll:
Now, why would BR ignore the request the first time and then grudgingly and quite curtly reply on the second attempt?

I'll tell you... As most of you know, Brian is a Historian... a left-wing historian

So, why not explore solutions that would curtail carbon emissions, by China and India...
The problem is, I never see him and his ilk criticizing the top nations. They always crap on about what Australia should do when the gas emissions is minimal as opposed to those two.
I'm not a fan of defending BR. However, he has already conceded that China and India are the main problem.

What I want to know is what BR thinks the Global Community should do about it? Sanctions? Tariffs? Brian... any thoughts?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:53 pm

Taxes? :b

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:56 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:49 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:

Nom De Plume wrote:

My input?

I'm not a fan of defending BR. However, he has already conceded that China and India are the main problem.

What I want to know is what BR thinks the Global Community should do about it? Sanctions? Tariffs? Brian... any thoughts?
What the world should do about it? Why only ask me, Nom? Why not ask the same question of Reboot or Black Orchid or 4E or one of the others? Why am I the only one made responsible for changing what China or India are doing?

However, as it appears I am, I would institute a series of sanctions of increasing severity against both nations. Stop selling them the fossil fuels they are using to generate electricity and encourage them with cheap loans to convert to renewables and as a last resort, nuclear. Basically starve them of the means by which they are polluting the world. Remove the fuel they use and the amount of pollution they need to create global warming would be reduced. Don't leave them in the lurch though. Show them there is a better way to do business.

This is a world wide problem. The world should come up with the answer.
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:28 pm

I suspect there would be a lot of back lash from China and India.

BO mentioned taxes... gave me an idea… What if a carbon tax is applied to the consumer, so that a t-shirt made in China, shipped to the West would cost a shit load more due to carbon costs, than what consumers pay now.

There would be a lot more reducing, reusing and recycling of textiles.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:45 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Put your bib on babe as you need spoon feeding.
Kinky.

Nom De Plume wrote:

He's a historian? Is that in an "official" capacity, or did he pick up the qualification in a packet of cornflakes like his "Bas" in computer typing skills? Only the other day I mentioned him being an academic to which he replied, "I'm not sure where you got that idea from, I've done this in IT and done that blah blah blah." I didn't bother telling him that I got that from you.

Anybody can be a "hobbyist" historian, as I'm a "hobbyist" philosopher. 8-)

I suspect Brian agrees with Neil Ferguson because he can't dispute it, and yet, he's doing exactly what Ferguson mentions in that article you posted. I.e, putting the blame on western countries like Australia and America.

Why is this such an issue, particularly from those in the "left" camp? Because typically, they love the UN and it's the UN that's hanging off China and India's teet to keep their useless, good-for-nothing busybody organization afloat.
Nom De Plume wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:28 pm
I suspect there would be a lot of back lash from China and India.

BO mentioned taxes... gave me an idea… What if a carbon tax is applied to the consumer, so that a t-shirt made in China, shipped to the West would cost a shit load more due to carbon costs, than what consumers pay now.

There would be a lot more reducing, reusing and recycling of textiles.
In my experience, issuing tax never did anybody any good. Making money out of thin air does not fix the environment. I.e, what good did Labor's notorious carbon tax ever do to our environment? Jack shite. They got voted out and we haven't seen them since.

As for climate change, I'm still skeptical about whether it's a "man-made" problem or not. I don't deny that the weather is heating up. I don't trust those who are peddling the narrative, for starters. As I think, Bogan has demonstrated, they've been "doomsaying" this subject matter for years and years.

Planet earth has also experienced many, for lack for a better word, "cycles" of destruction. It seems to go through what I consider a "cleansing" period, until it starts anew. In this time, the continents separate and shift, forming new lands. We would be naive and ignorant to think that this won't happen again, and we have delusions of grandeur if we believe we can prevent something like this from happening again.

There's a good snippet here about this, and a diagram to accompany it on the webpage.
Through periods of hundreds of millions of years, the supercontinents have assembled and then broke apart. About 750 million years ago, the earliest known supercontinent Rodinia began to break apart.

The continents later rejoined and combined again to form Pannotia about 600 to 540 million years ago. This happened again and the supercontinent of Pangaea formed but also broke apart about 180 million years ago.

There are patterns that suggest that ice ages began about 40 million years ago and intensified during the Pleistocene around 3 million years ago. Many high-latitude regions have undergone repeated cycles of glaciation and thaw, repeating about every 40.000 to 100.000 years. It is believed that the last continental glaciation ended 10.000 years ago.
Source

I'm all for finding an alternative to non-renewable energy. After all, it isn't going to last forever.

Basically, if the UN, the left and all the doomsayers of climate change want the world to go "green", then they need to come up with a solution that won't result in economic collapse. Many of the "little people" rely on industry to feed their families and kids. If this is taken away, without alternatives provided for them, there's going to be chaos and it won't matter if climate change is "legit" or not.

I personally wish the bullshit of Wall St economics died in a fire. After all, usury is a slimy, immoral practice but you couldn't tell most sheeple that because they are convinced it's entirely normal and above board. Despite what happened in 08. :roll:
Last edited by The Reboot on Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:51 pm

brian ross wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:56 pm
What the world should do about it? Why only ask me, Nom? Why not ask the same question of Reboot or Black Orchid or 4E or one of the others? Why am I the only one made responsible for changing what China or India are doing?
1. Black Orchid, 4E and myself don't big note ourselves and pretend we know everything. We have nothing to prove. Nom believes you have some expertise, therefore, she asked you.

2. Pfft. Nobody said you were made "responsible" for changing what China or India are doing. You really are childish, for such a wise old "well-educated man". :roll: I merely pointed out that when it comes to countries that aren't majority white European, you shy away from criticism even if they are just as bad, if not, as our government or America's. It's your reverse-racism, which you're still oblivious to. But hey, that's no surprise considering you're a narcissistic Charlatan. :lol: