Re: Huge freshwater aquifer found

Post by Texan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:07 am

brian ross wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:13 pm
Texan wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:09 pm
brian ross wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:14 pm
Alternatively, you could build cleaner industries, Mechie. Industries that pollute do not belong anywhere. :roll:
When you have all that excess population, you have to dictate their pollution habits. That doesn’t leave any room for freedom. Must not be important to you.
No one should have freedom to pollute their fellow peoples' water/air/food/etc. Tex. That is just evil.

Tell us, please what happens when fracking occurs? What happens to the ground water then? :roll:
Take care of yourself and limit immigration. Your resources are limited and you can’t control the other 8 billion people. Don’t have kids you can’t support and don’t invite them to your continent. Many parts of the world squander their resources and overpopulate their land. You can’t bail them out and you can’t control them. They will have to learn on their own. You can show them the way and help by teaching or sending aid, but you can’t save them directly.

Fracking has made America energy independent and my water tastes fine. OPEC no longer leads us by the nose. As RE flourishes oil production will diminish.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:24 pm

Texan wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:07 am
brian ross wrote:
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Alternatively, you could build cleaner industries, Mechie. Industries that pollute do not belong anywhere. :roll:
When you have all that excess population, you have to dictate their pollution habits. That doesn’t leave any room for freedom. Must not be important to you.
No one should have freedom to pollute their fellow peoples' water/air/food/etc. Tex. That is just evil.

Tell us, please what happens when fracking occurs? What happens to the ground water then? :roll:
Take care of yourself and limit immigration. Your resources are limited and you can’t control the other 8 billion people. Don’t have kids you can’t support and don’t invite them to your continent. Many parts of the world squander their resources and overpopulate their land. You can’t bail them out and you can’t control them. They will have to learn on their own. You can show them the way and help by teaching or sending aid, but you can’t save them directly.
In part, I agree with you, Tex. However, Australia has in comparison to the US a tiny, aging population with a low birth rate. We believe women should have a choice about their reproduction rights and refuse to criminalise abortion. We don't expect to bail people out but expect we can accept a small quantity of people who are seeking asylum here.
Fracking has made America energy independent and my water tastes fine. OPEC no longer leads us by the nose. As RE flourishes oil production will diminish.
And so you don't care about the drinking water of people in your own country which are affected by fracking, hey? So, what you going to do when all your fracked oil and gas runs out, Tex? What happens to the drinking water then of the people who made this sacrifice for your nation? You going to accept internal refugees?
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:38 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:24 pm
Texan wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:07 am
brian ross wrote:
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:

In part, I agree with you, Tex. However, Australia has in comparison to the US a tiny, aging population with a low birth rate. We believe women should have a choice about their reproduction rights and refuse to criminalise abortion. We don't expect to bail people out but expect we can accept a small quantity of people who are seeking asylum here.
And so you don't care about the drinking water of people in your own country which are affected by fracking, hey? So, what you going to do when all your fracked oil and gas runs out, Tex? What happens to the drinking water then of the people who made this sacrifice for your nation? You going to accept internal refugees?
I haven’t heard of fracking affecting anybody’s drinking water. I’m sure the company fracking would be sued to make it right if it happens. Fracking around Dallas is nowhere near local water supplies. I think it has caused some minor earthquakes. 2.7 or so.

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:14 pm

America's birth rate is the same as Australia's.

Australia - 1.81 births per woman (2016)
USA - 1.80 births per woman (2016)

Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Germany, Austria, Switzerland are lower - we're all at 1.50

So in a way, Americans and Australians are polluting, breeding like rats, just like Indians and Chinks. In a few years you'll meet with Bangladesh and India's birth rates, which are a bit above 2.00
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:59 am

FLEKTARN wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:14 pm

Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Germany, Austria, Switzerland are lower - we're all at 1.50

So in a way, Americans and Australians are polluting, breeding like rats, just like Indians and Chinks. In a few years you'll meet with Bangladesh and India's birth rates, which are a bit above 2.00
Why don’t you just fuck off to a Bulgarian forum. You’re about as popular here as herpes.

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:19 pm

Nicole wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:59 am
FLEKTARN wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:14 pm

Why don’t you just fuck off to a Bulgarian forum. You’re about as popular here as herpes.
At least I'm not an old woman trying to find a new husband on a forum. Pathetic.
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:40 pm

No-one is looking for a husband and that comment works both ways. For God's sake at least try to keep things real. This isn't a fight club. It's for adult civil discussion.

The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:30 pm

Pauline Hanson's Please Explain
3 hrs ·
HYBRID BRADFIELD SCHEME SECURE MORE SUPPORT

Anyone who has followed me for awhile knows I believe Queensland needs to invest in a hybrid Bradfield Scheme. We should be capturing the water from the north and using dams and pipelines to redirect it back inland instead of letting it flow out into the ocean.
Now Labor has announced that are "open to discussing with Prime Minister Scott Morrison whether a smaller version of the 1930s Bradfield scheme" could be implemented.

This means politicians from Labor, the Nationals and Katter's Australia Party have all come on board with One Nation's vision.
The only hold outs now are the Liberals. It seems they are more interested in spending billions on subsiding solar panels and wind farms.
After the election one of the first things I called on the Government to do was spend the money to get this project started but they refused. The question needs to be asked, why are the Liberals standing in the way
One Nation is pulling some big punches so far during this term of Government...

They can’t be ignored anymore..

Even the Nationals are having a cry that they are going too well and making them look like fools in regards to the Farmers...
Beware the Fury of a Patient Man Q WWG1WGA ▄︻╦デ╤一

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:51 pm

Bradfield schemes will never work successfully. They are based upon erroneous reasongs WRT to amount of evaporation that is experienced in Australia's North. The water would redirected inland and simply evaporate away. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:35 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:58 pm
Texan wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:40 pm
I think it will happen in my lifetime and it won't be pretty.

We are blessed with great water under the US. Most of the US can put in a well and provide their own water if needed. In many places, you only need to go a few feet down to get it.
We have great water under our eastern seaboard too. An American friend of my parents was out here many years ago for a spell and he did a lot of research on our underground water and he told me that I should start a company and bottle it. I was young and carefree back then and just fobbed it off. I had no interest in bottling water.

Oh how I wish now that I had listened to him and acted.

A lot of the underground water in Australia has too much Uranium dissolved in it.
There are many other poisons as well.
You can't drink it.