Is "Green Energy" a Fraud ?

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Juliar

Is "Green Energy" a Fraud ?

Post by Juliar » Fri May 08, 2020 8:26 am

Green Energy the "energy" that is never there when you need it.

The Movie: Planet of the Humans https://youtu.be/Zk11vI-7czE

Michael Moore's documentary 'has exposed green energy as a fraud'
05/05/2020

VIDEO: Planet of the Human's Documentary https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6154302708001

Michael Moore's documentary, 'Planet of the Humans' has exposed the "swindlers" who are peddling misinformation and the environmental benefits of green energy, according to Liberal backbencher Craig Kelly.

Mr Moore's documentary, which is available free of charge on the internet, casts doubt over the efficacy of renewables, in particular solar and wind energy.

The documentary filmmakers argue some green energy is hindering, rather than helping, the fight against dangerous climate change.

Many environmentalists, including Yale Climate Connections, have criticised the film, claiming it relies on outdated depictions of renewable energy.

Yale Climate Connections said while renewables do have a carbon footprint, it is smaller than non-renewable energy.

However, Mr Kelly told Sky News "Moore exposes everything about green energy."

"Moore's film, what makes it so important, is because he is a character of the left," he said.

"This is the moment where they say, the emperor has no clothes."

"He exposes everything about green energy as simply a fraud peddled by a whole lot of swindlers who are making an absolute fortune out of it, and ultimately, it's not even environmentally friendly.

All these wind turbines and solar panel, they have a life of 15 to 20 years."

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6154302708001

Texan

Re: Is "Green Energy" a Fraud ?

Post by Texan » Fri May 08, 2020 9:51 am

I think at a government level, RE is used just like everything else they get hold of as a means to control people. That takes it's value. On a personal level, RE can be awesome.

I have a friend and coworker who spent about $13k on 15KW of inverters and 9 KW of solar panels. He installed them himself and found a favorable electric provider with a net metering plan. He has just completed his first year of making his own power. For the whole year, he has spent $60-80 on electric bills. He has a large house, equally large air conditioned shop, and an in ground swimming pool. His system should pay for itself in less than 3 years. That should leave him 15-20 years of free electricity minus any maintenance costs. We work on industrial inverters for a living, so maintenance shouldn't cost much.

As far as what's best for the environment, I'm not sure we can trust what "scientists" or "government" can tell us. I'm not seeing much pollution any more in America and I'm seeing tons of it from China. Just look at the last China Olympics. Look at how much cleaner the skies over Korea were when China shut down because of their virus. I trust what I see more than what I'm told. I'm all for limiting pollution from a public health point of view, but all of this man made climate change stuff is hooey to control the masses. "Computer Models" is code for a tool to control the people, whether it is global climate change or pandemic death predictions.