Memes and Funny Pics

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
brian ross

Re: Memes

Post by brian ross » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:58 pm

Vanity Fair is a magazine of popular culture, fashion, and current affairs published by Condé Nast in the United States.

The first version of Vanity Fair was published from 1913 to 1936. The imprint was revived in 1983 and currently includes five international editions of the magazine.
[...]
In addition to its controversial photography, the magazine also prints articles on a variety of topics. In 1996, journalist Marie Brenner wrote an exposé on the tobacco industry titled "The Man Who Knew Too Much". The article was later adapted into a movie The Insider (1999), which starred Al Pacino and Russell Crowe. Most famously, after more than thirty years of mystery, an article in the May 2005 edition revealed the identity of Deep Throat (W. Mark Felt), one of the sources for The Washington Post articles on Watergate, which led to the 1974 resignation of U.S. President Richard Nixon. The magazine also features candid interviews with celebrities, including a monthly Proust Questionnaire. Other notable interviews have included: Teri Hatcher, who revealed in the magazine that she was sexually abused as a child; Jennifer Aniston's first interview after her divorce from Brad Pitt; Anderson Cooper, who talked about his brother's death; and Martha Stewart's first interview after her release from prison.
[Source]
Fox News (officially Fox News Channel and abbreviated FNC) is an American conservative pay television news channel. It is owned by the Fox News Group, which itself was owned by News Corporation from 1996–2013, 21st Century Fox from 2013–2019, and Fox Corporation since 2019. The channel broadcasts primarily from studios at 1211 Avenue of the Americas in New York City. Fox News is provided in 86 countries or overseas territories worldwide,[1] with international broadcasts featuring Fox Extra segments during ad breaks.

The channel was created by Australian-American media mogul Rupert Murdoch to appeal to a conservative audience, hiring former Republican Party media consultant and CNBC executive Roger Ailes as its founding CEO.[2][3] It launched on October 7, 1996, to 17 million cable subscribers.[4] Fox News grew during the late 1990s and 2000s to become the dominant subscription news network in the U.S.[5] As of February 2015, approximately 94,700,000 US households (81.4% of television subscribers) receive Fox News.[6] Murdoch is the current executive chairman and Suzanne Scott is the CEO.[7][8]

Fox News has been described as practicing biased reporting in favor of the Republican Party, the George W. Bush and Donald Trump administrations, and conservative causes while slandering the Democratic Party and spreading harmful propaganda intended to negatively affect its members' electoral performances.[9][10][11][12]
[Source]

Now, it appears, Black Orchid that you like your news biased. I don't. I like to make my own mind up about issues, rather than have the Lovecraftian Horror telling me how I should think. :roll: :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:33 pm

LEFT BIAS
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.

Overall, we rate Vanity Fair Left Biased based on editorial positions that always favor the left and Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to a failed fact check.
Analysis / Bias

In review, Vanity Fair primarily covers culture, fashion and current affairs. They occasionally report on politics with the use of very strong emotionally loaded words such as this: TRUMP LOSES HIS MIND IN 60-TWEET TIRADE AFTER FIREFIGHTERS ENDORSE BIDEN. This story is properly sourced to well known media outlets such as the New York Times. Editorially, story selection almost always favor the left and they routinely report negatively on the right.

A factual search reveals they have failed one fact check.

As part of a federal lawsuit, U.S. President Donald Trump admitted criminal wrongdoing and said or argued to the effect that “My crimes can’t be investigated while I’m president.” – FALSE

Overall, we rate Vanity Fair Left Biased based on editorial positions that always favor the left
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/vanity-fair/

You are funny. Of course you don't like your media biased, Brian. :roll:

You really should learn to just shut up sometimes!

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:19 pm

You really are very funny, Black Orchid. Why don't we see what your site has to say about Fox News, Black Orchid or is it too embarrassing, Mmmm? :roll: :roll:
Overall, we rate Fox News strongly Right-Biased due to editorial positions and story selection that favors the right. We also rate them Mixed factually based on poor sourcing and the spreading of conspiracy theories that later must be retracted after being widely shared. Further, Fox News would be rated a Questionable source based on numerous failed fact checks by hosts and pundits, however straight news reporting is generally reliable, therefore we rate them Mixed for factual reporting.
[...]
In review, FNC publishes stories with emotionally loaded headlines such as “’They Wanted It to Blow Up’: Limbaugh Says Success of Trump-Kim Summit Caught Media Off Guard” and “Tucker: 2016 Russia Collusion ‘Witch Hunt’ Now Extends to Jill Stein.” When it comes to sourcing they typically utilize pro-Trump pundits such as Rush Limbaugh who has a very poor record with fact checkers, as well as credible sources such as the Wall Street Journal. Fox News is also known to publish right wing conspiracy theories, although after being sued they retracted the story. FNC has also been deemed the least accurate cable news source according to Politifact.

A factual search reveals several failed fact checks by hosts.

Says John Bolton “fundamentally was a man of the left.” – PANTS OF FIRE
“The president said he’s going to bring in 250,000 (Syrian and Iraqi) refugees into this country.” – PANTS ON FIRE
“Far more children died last year drowning in their bathtubs than were killed accidentally by guns.” – PANTS ON FIRE
“NASA scientists fudged the numbers to make 1998 the hottest year to overstate the extent of global warming.” – PANTS ON FIRE
Obamacare is “one big fat VA system.” – PANTS ON FIRE

Overall, we rate Fox News strongly Right-Biased due to editorial positions and story selection that favors the right. We also rate them Mixed factually based on poor sourcing and the spreading of conspiracy theories that later must be retracted after being widely shared. Further, Fox News would be rated a Questionable source based on numerous failed fact checks by hosts and pundits, however straight news reporting is generally reliable, therefore we rate them Mixed for factual reporting.
[Source]

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:27 pm

Why should I care what it says about Fox News? I don't even read Fox News and if I have ever even quoted it (which is doubtful) I have certainly never defended it by saying "I like to make my own mind up about issues, rather than have the Lovecraftian Horror telling me how I should think."

No soup for you.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:53 pm

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:55 pm

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:07 pm

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:20 pm

j4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:21 pm

j1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:00 pm