Youtube finds

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Bogan

Re: Youtube finds

Post by Bogan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:20 am

e915.jpg
Lorikeets gone wild.

All of the guys are happy to see me home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:26 am

L13.png
What's for dinner?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:37 am

f950.jpg
One lori in the house sucks honey while behind it Hoppy crumb hunts on his feeding dish with his unique eating style

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:44 am

Hoppy 1b.jpg
Trying to bust into the house, Hoppy gets trapped between the aluminium mesh and the frame. He is about o be punished by having his tummy tickled mercilessly.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:55 pm

Nice pics Bogan, thanks. I have a lot of Cockatoos around me but I never feed them or they would wreak havoc. OMG they are noisy though!

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:04 pm

Thank you Black Orchid. The cockatoos are pests and I keep a slingshot handy to deter them, but although they know what it is and they scram when they see me with it, they just keep coming back and landing on my window fly screens. I sometimes come home and find that they have chewed holes in my weatherboard house, and I am sick and tired of replacing the fibreglass fly screens on my windows that they delight in tearing to shreds. One time I was working on an expensive RC aeroplane, outside on a table in the warm sun. I had to go inside for a few minutes and in that time the Cockatoos tore my $200 RC plane to shreds. They know I feed the lories and that is why they never stop hanging around.

The Corellas are a delight as they are very cautious, but I am training them to take biscuits out of my hands. The crested pigeon's are funny and never any trouble at all and I like seeing them lounging around in groups on the lawn, sleeping and sunbaking. They remind me of little cows and they give my little home a pastoral look.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:30 pm

Bogan wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:04 pm
The crested pigeon's are funny and never any trouble at all and I like seeing them lounging around in groups on the lawn, sleeping and sunbaking. They remind me of little cows and they give my little home a pastoral look.
That's cute and funny :lol:

I get the occasional pair of Lorikeets and an Owl who often visits. I think I put a picture of him/her in another thread. I used to get a lot of those horrible Indian Myna birds but I haven't seen too many of them lately. I think the Cockatoos drive them away. Either that or they have been trapped and disposed of.

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:30 am

This little guy is "Bubby", he is a juvenile, and this is a big day for him. This is his first public appearance,and as you can see from his little smile,he is very happy about it. Isn't he just the cutest little thing? Juvenile lories have brown beaks instead of red,and they have not developed the red and white ring in their eyes that the adults have. Normally, a juvenile would not land on my hand unless mum and dad landed on my hand first to show him/her that it is safe. But Bubby just jumped right on my hand without consulting the parentals. Since he could not eat the seeds in my hand, he contended himself to just licking all of my fingers.

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:36 am

f4.jpg
Bubby soon figured out that those jam tartlets who's jam he likes so much comes from inside the Big Man's house. So he soon started zooming past me at mach 1 everytime I opened the door. He then takes up position on Hoppy's feeding dish and waits for me to get him a tartlet. He/she prefers to eat the tartlet inside the house because that way he/she does not have to share, and juveniles get shoved to the back of the queue anyway.

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:38 am

f5.jpg
How's that for cleaning out the jam?