Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
cods

Re: CHRISTMAS 2018

Post by cods » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:00 pm

Gordon wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:26 pm
cods wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:35 pm
all the best to everyone.. and you will have a blast gordy having a little boy to light up the day...

I think I am in my last year of a Santa Believer..hes 9 and asking questions....such a sweetheart though e gets so excited and
loves every minute.....

me on the other hand.........nuff said!
Thanks, Cods. He's got the magic already. Not far from my house there's a place (actually 3 houses in a row) that go nuts with decorations. One has a giant inflatable Santa. After I showed him he now points out all the santa's as we drive around.

I love it its what makes Xmas as far as I am concerned.....went out year after year just gazing......one made us lol a house was done beautifully the only one in the street....... and next door had a sparkling arrow pointing at the house

with a big DITTO under it... so funny...

but do it as long as you can....

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:38 am

ImageImage

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Thank God it's over for another year though.

My son gave the cat a toy with catnip inside and the cat has been stoned ever since. He spends most of his time flat like a pancake on his back with his legs in the air. lol.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:38 am
ImageImage

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Thank God it's over for another year though.

My son gave the cat a toy with catnip inside and the cat has been stoned ever since. He spends most of his time flat like a pancake on his back with his legs in the air. lol.
Do cats really go for "catnip"?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:04 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:53 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:38 am
ImageImage

Do cats really go for "catnip"?
I've never given it to a cat before and this one never took any notice of the fresh stuff we showed him once, but he LOVES this toy with the catnip (I assume dried) inside.

Serial Brain 9

Post by Serial Brain 9 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:47 pm

7am - at the Daughters house opening presents with her kids

8am - travelling to another town an hour away to set up BBQ and start cooking the Lamb leg and Chicken for Mum and 8 other family members.

11am - First beer

12.30pm - Roast Lunch

2.40pm - car packed up and heading home with only 2 beers left of 6

3.45pm - arrive home, no beers left :shock:

3.46pm - fresh beer from the fridge :beer

3.50pm empty car out and reset up BBQ to cook Leg of Lamb with 6 Family members coming

6.30pm Roast Tea and I also stuff in some chocolate ripple :?

7pm - short kids version of Monopoly - I win.. . :clap

8pm - Uno - play for 2 hours, I win three hands over that time :yahoo

10pm - send everyone home

Good Night... :bgrin
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Serial Brain 9 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:47 pm

8am - travelling to another town an hour away to set up BBQ and start cooking the Lamb leg and Chicken for Mum and 8 other family members.

11am - First beer

12.30pm - Roast Lunch

3.50pm empty car out and reset up BBQ to cook Leg of Lamb with 6 Family members coming

Good Night… :bgrin
I very often feel happy - when I’m seeing other people feel happy on Xmases. We almost never had a normal Christmas over the years. Just yelling, swearing, fights, too much alcohol, the whole Abuse Package.
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

Serial Brain 9

Post by Serial Brain 9 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:27 pm

FLEKTARN wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:20 pm
Serial Brain 9 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:47 pm

11am - First beer

12.30pm - Roast Lunch

Good Night… :bgrin
I very often feel happy - when I’m seeing other people feel happy on Xmases. We almost never had a normal Christmas over the years. Just yelling, swearing, fights, too much alcohol, the whole Abuse Package.
That’s no good.

We don’t do Christmas with the In-laws due to this reason.

We stopped going and its been great. We stick to our own direct family and my side of the family who mainly just chill out and have a laugh.

A lot of people drink just to get through Christmas Day - and if that’s then case you need to change it so that you are at peace.

Taking the money out of it certainly helps as well.
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

cods

Post by cods » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:48 pm

mmmm something came up a few days ago that happened on Xmas Day...not so good..

I dread Xmas every year

there is one member on the inlaw side who has just never fitted in with my lot...we are a small group and we do Xmas all together..

its not hard and for gods sakes its a few hours in one day of the year...

WHY IS IT SO BLOODY HARD...

this year we had a good day....it was all changed at the last minute we even did a huge favour for said INLAW...his son and his family from his previous marriage had been let down for Xmas Day...so they asked could they come to our dinner...two adults two boys..it caused trouble straight away... but I am weak and couldnt stand the thought of two boys 12 and 16 wondering why no one wanted to share with them.. so I persuaded the daughter who was tearing her house apart to fit us all in to add 4 more...all done we delivered this all was about 2 days before......

we had what I THOUGHT was a really nice day... but later found out one or two things were said.....that should never have been said......

not by those extra guests i might add but by the INLAW who after 20 odd years should have started growing up...and instead of showing gratitude he slammed the hosts....

each year there is the undercurrent....I dread it I really do.......now I am already dreading next year.. I have asked for it to be cancelled...but they call me Grinch...lolol....I want to pick up the grandkids and run away....they are a super bunch pity about their parents.