Boxing not what it used to be.

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Bobby

Boxing not what it used to be.

Post by Bobby » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:50 pm

This is the latest big fight.
Both of these guys would have been beaten up by a prime Ali or Tyson.
Ali would have jabbed their faces to mincemeat & Tyson
would have punched them so hard they wouldn't wake up for 10 minutes
and in the first round.

Daniel Dubois v Richard Lartey full fight

FLEKTARN

Re: Boxing not what it used to be.

Post by FLEKTARN » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:24 pm

Boxing is so gay. Who watches boxing nowadays... Just watch UFC or Bellator - best fighters are there. Tyson won't survive for 30 seconds with Mirko Cro Cop or Alistair Overeem in the ring with light gloves.
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:33 pm

FLEKTARN wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:24 pm
Boxing is so gay. Who watches boxing nowadays... Just watch UFC or Bellator - best fighters are there. Tyson won't survive for 30 seconds with Mirko Cro Cop or Alistair Overeem in the ring with light gloves.

Rubbish - Tyson was a monster -
he'd eat your children.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:12 pm

I think MMA is the 'in' thing and has been for some time.

I prefer boxing, but younger people prefer MMA
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:25 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:12 pm

I don't like MMA -
bashing someone's head in while they are on the ground is not right.
That's not sport - it's just pure ugly violence.

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:14 am

Bobby wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:25 pm
sprintcyclist wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:12 pm

I don't like MMA -
bashing someone's head in while they are on the ground is not right.
That's not sport - it's just pure ugly violence.

Tyson was a monster, I agree, was very good, but even Tyson admits now in interviews that their methods were wrong in the 90's. Especially their diets.

Have you seen Cro Cop, Overeem, or even GSP? These are animals. And MMA is way more realistic than boxing. First, bashing someone on the ground is very realistic. I've seen this happening in nightclubs and on the streets. Also with heavy boxing gloves you can't punch properly. You can't close your fist. You can with MMA gloves though.

And that's why boxing champ Tyson broke his hand in a bar brawl, because they can't punch properly. They're used to an unnatural position of the hand and fist.

P.S. Cro Cop

The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:26 am

Here's some more from his younger years. He was in the anti-terrorist unit Alpha in Croatia. Something like Bulgarian СОБТ and Russian СПЕЦНАЗ.

His father died when he was very young, a kid. When he was young he trained in his village, just when the Bosnian war happened, and his country Croatia was also attacked by the Serbs. Some of his friends died during the Serbian attack. He trained with improvised weights and buckets full of sand. All of his documentaries are still online. One of the greatest fighters of all times, recently retired.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:24 am

FLEKTARN wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:26 am
Here's some more from his younger years. He was in the anti-terrorist unit Alpha in Croatia. Something like Bulgarian СОБТ and Russian СПЕЦНАЗ.

His father died when he was very young, a kid. When he was young he trained in his village, just when the Bosnian war happened, and his country Croatia was also attacked by the Serbs. Some of his friends died during the Serbian attack. He trained with improvised weights and buckets full of sand. All of his documentaries are still online. One of the greatest fighters of all times, recently retired.

who is he ?

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:21 am

sprintcyclist wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:24 am
FLEKTARN wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:26 am

who is he ?

I already said it..

Mirko Cro Cop
from Mirko Croatian Cop
or also Mirko Filipović

I'm bold enough to claim he was the best MMA fighter of all times in his prime. Overeem is pretty good too but I saw a photo of him recently and he looks skinny as fuck, that means only one thing, and you know what it is.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:46 am

ah.
I have seen GSP fighting.
Had not heard of Mirko Cro Cop before.

GSP looked unbeatable