The Block

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Hebe

Re: The Block

Post by Hebe » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Wow, some really nasty comments on here. I love reality TV - it’s a great escape from reality. (Except Love Island, which is shit.) I love Mitch and Mark, can’t stand Jesse. And I can’t believe there are still people making cracks about gay couples. : :evil:
The better I get to know people, the more I find myself loving dogs.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:13 pm

Hebe wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 pm
Wow, some really nasty comments on here. I love reality TV - it’s a great escape from reality. (Except Love Island, which is shit.) I love Mitch and Mark, can’t stand Jesse. And I can’t believe there are still people making cracks about gay couples. : :evil:
So bitchy, petulant behaviour should be disregarded on the basis they like to bang the same sex?

Reality shows such as this are designed solely for their audience to bitch and make cracks about the various personalities that feature on such shows.

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:40 pm

[/quote] So bitchy, petulant behaviour should be disregarded on the basis they like to bang the same sex?

Reality shows such as this are designed solely for their audience to bitch and make cracks about the various personalities that feature on such shows.
[/quote]

Oh really? So the auction at the end is irrelevant? Anyway Mark and Mitch haven’t been bitchy and petulant. They’ve lent tradesmen to other couples and their attitude doesn’t come close to know-it-all Jesse’s.

(Actually, criticising the contestants IS pretty good fun. Have you seen Bride and Prejudice!)

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:02 am

Hebe wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:40 pm
So bitchy, petulant behaviour should be disregarded on the basis they like to bang the same sex?

[/quote]

Oh really? So the auction at the end is irrelevant? Anyway Mark and Mitch haven’t been bitchy and petulant. They’ve lent tradesmen to other couples and their attitude doesn’t come close to know-it-all Jesse’s.

(Actually, criticising the contestants IS pretty good fun. Have you seen Bride and Prejudice!)
[/quote]

I don't actually watch The Block or the like. I thought you were talking about members on this forum (regarding gay couples) my apologies.

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:32 am

Well, there WAS an early comment about gay couples being passed off as normal, for a start. I find that pretty offensive. I know a couple of gay married couples and I have a gay niece who is excelling in marine biology at Melbourne Uni as well as being head chef in a Melbourne cafe. And I love them all. They are people, just as we are, and I take strong exception to any prejudice or smart-arsed comments about them. It reminds me of the Merchant of Venice about Jews:

“If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die?“

And I live in Tasmania, the most historically homophobic state in Australia.

What pisses me off the most is “Christians” casting slurs and saying the vilest things about gay people. Nothing Christian about those arseholes (am I allowed to say that?).

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:24 pm

Hebe wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:32 am
Well, there WAS an early comment about gay couples being passed off as normal, for a start. I find that pretty offensive. I know a couple of gay married couples and I have a gay niece who is excelling in marine biology at Melbourne Uni as well as being head chef in a Melbourne cafe. And I love them all. They are people, just as we are, and I take strong exception to any prejudice or smart-arsed comments about them. It reminds me of the Merchant of Venice about Jews:

“If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die?“

And I live in Tasmania, the most historically homophobic state in Australia.

What pisses me off the most is “Christians” casting slurs and saying the vilest things about gay people. Nothing Christian about those arseholes (am I allowed to say that?).
Indeed you can... and then some.

Welcome back :hlo
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:44 pm

I beg to differ about Mitch and Mark because there certainly have been times they have been both disingenuous and bitchy and it has nothing to do with them being gay. Sorry but they don't get a free pass from me just because they are gay.

They dobbed Jesse in to the Producer then blatantly denied it over and over until they were sprung doing exactly that because it was recorded. Then they pouted and sulked because they were caught.

Having said that, I don't like Jesse either. He quite often acts like a little bitch. He certainly won't get a free pass from me either just because he is heterosexual. :hlo

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:51 pm

My favs are the abo and his wife... He is funny and her style is my style.
Together, they make a lovely couple.
I hope they win!
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:02 pm

I like Andy and Deb too and I also like Matt although I am not too keen on his wife Elise.

Adding to what I said about Mitch and Mark, Mitch also had a go at Scotty and claimed he offended them by judging them for being gay, called Scotty homophobic and told him to go F*** himself. Why? Because Scotty called their house the "party house" and their changed area an "entertainment area" which Mitch said it was not. He must forget there are cameras around because he called their house the "party house" and their redesigned master suite an "entertainment area" more times than I can count.

Sorry I don't like drama queens and liars no matter what their sexual persuasion is and I won't ignore bad behaviour just because they are gay. Scotty is one of the most inoffensive people on tv today.

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:10 pm

Fair comments. I’d forgotten about the copying thing with Jesse.