33 Dramatic Predictions for 2030

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Nom De Plume

33 Dramatic Predictions for 2030

Post by Nom De Plume » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:44 pm

https://futuristspeaker.com/business-tr ... -for-2030/

By 2030 over 80% of all doctor visits will have been replaced by automated exams. Details here.
By 2030 over 90% of all restaurants will use some form of a 3D food printer in their meal preparations. Details here.
By 2030 over 10% of all global financial transactions will be conducted through Bitcoin or Bitcoin-like crypto currencies.
By 2030 we will seen a growing number of highways designated as driverless-vehicle only. Details here.
By 2030, a Chinese company will become the first to enter the space tourism industry by establishing regular flights to their space hotel.
By 2030, the world’s largest Internet company will be in the education business, and it will be a company we have not heard of yet.
By 2030 over 20% of all new construction will be “printed” buildings. Details here.
By 2030 over 2 billion jobs will have disappeared, freeing up talent for many new fledgling industries. Details here.
By 2030 a new protest group will have emerged that holds anti-cloning rallies, demonstrating against the creation of “soul-less humans.”
By 2030 we will see the first city to harvest 100% of its water supply from the atmosphere. Details here.
By 2030 world religions will make a resurgence, with communities of faith growing by nearly 50% over what they are today.
By 2030 over 50% of all traditional colleges will collapse, paving the way for an entire new education industry to emerge. Details here.
By 2030 we will see a surge of Micro Colleges spring to life, each requiring less than 6 months of training and apprenticeship to switch professions. Details here.
By 2030 scientists will have perfected an active cross-species communication system, enabling some species to talk to each other as well as humans.
By 2030 we will see the first hurricane stopped by human intervention.
By 2030 we will see wireless power used to light up invisible light bulbs in the middle of a room.
By 2030 we will see the first demonstration of a technology to control gravity, reducing the pull of gravity on an object by as much as 50%.
By 2030 democracy will be viewed as inferior form of government.
By 2030 traditional police forces will be largely automated out of existence with less than 50% of current staffing levels on active duty.
By 2030 over 90% of all libraries will offer premium services as part of their business model. Details here.
By 2030 forest fires will have been reduced to less than 5% of the number today with the use of infrared drone monitoring systems. Details here.
By 2030 over 30% of all cities in the U.S. will operate their electric utilities as micro grids.
By 2030 we will have seen a number of global elections with the intent of creating a new global mandate, forcing world leaders to take notice. Details here.
By 2030 traditional pharmaceuticals will be replaced by hyper-individualized medicines that are manufactured at the time they are ordered. Details here.
By 2030 we will have seen the revival of the first mated pair of an extinct species. Details here.
By 2030 swarms of micro flying drones – swarmbots – will be demonstrated to assemble themselves as a type of personal clothing, serving as a reconfigurable fashion statement. Details here.
By 2030 marijuana will be legalized in all 50 states in the U.S. and half of all foreign countries. Details here.
By 2030 cable television will no longer exist.
By 2030 a small number of companies will begin calculating their labor costs with something called “synaptical currency.” Details here.
By 2030 it will be common to use next generation search engines to search the physical world. Details here.
By 2030 basic computer programming will be considered a core skill required in over 20% of all jobs. Details here.
By 2030 we will have seen multiple attempts to send a probe to the center of the earth. Details here.
By 2030 a form of tube transportation, inspired by Hyperloop and ET3, will be well on its way to becoming the world’s largest infrastructure project. Details here.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

sprintcyclist

Re: 33 Dramatic Predictions for 2030

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:01 am

good
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:02 pm

Some are probable, many are not. Some will fail because of problems with the technology, some will fail because of the unwillingness of humans to participate in them. Some will fail because of Hollywood's fantasies.

What I have always found interesting is the contrast between Japan and the US (and by extension, Australia). In Japan, robots are seen as useful adjuncts to humanity, helpful and useful. In the US, robots are viewed with suspicion and fear. Which view will prevail, I wonder?

Australians are, I suspect more practical than many Americans. We will be somewhere in the middle, using robots when they are practicable (and cheap) and ignoring them when they aren't. Australians have always been early adopters of technology. We were amongst the first nations to have VCRs in most homes (and by extention DVD players) and ATMs in most shopping centres. We have been early adopters of EFTPOS systems. We generally doubt the safety though of driverless systems. We readily accept the legalisation or at least the decriminalisation of drugs such as Marijuana.
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:30 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:02 pm
We will be somewhere in the middle, using robots when they are practicable (and cheap)
That's gonna be great for unemployment.

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:05 am

I can't see us recognizing the authority of robocops. I can even see protests over "racism" being programmed into them. I do see using robots for cornered violent offenders and bomb disposal.

When that black supremacist killed 5 Dallas cops the police cornered him inside an empty building. Rather than risk more cops to shoot it out with him they sent a robot to negotiate a surrender. when he refused and shot at the robot the robot dropped a grenade and killed him. It was controversial but I agree with it. It helped matters politically that the police chief was black and about to retire. That robot was remote controlled and not AI.