'The D word will be as offensive as the N word':

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Neferti

'The D word will be as offensive as the N word':

Post by Neferti » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:47 pm

Unbelievable!!!

Sydney Lord Mayor Clover Moore is considering a plan to normalise the term 'Access Inclusion Seekers' when referring to disabled people.

The City Council is revamping their disability policies, with the council's inclusion expert advisory panel now claiming the 'd' word may soon be as offensive as the 'n' word.

One on the panel, Mark Tonga, said using the term 'disabled' portrays people as having 'less capacity and less ability,'

Disability is a subliminal pejorative for many. It's negative. Perhaps sooner than you think, the "d" work will be as offensive as the "n" word is now,' he said.

But Dr Jeremy Sammut, Centre for Independent Studies research fellow, disagreed.

He claimed that policing the language people used was unnecessary and argued issues about inclusion had been dealt with in the past.

'Social attitudes to disability have already changed and almost no one stigmatises and diminishes what people with disability can and should achieve,' Dr Sammut said.

'This is the reason why there is national support for the NDIS... the term "Access Inclusion Seekers" would be very patronising surely when these people think of someone "disabled" as being someone like... Dylan Alcott,' he said.

A council spokeswoman said Mr Tonga was a valuable member of the advisory panel and that they would consider his submission.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -plan.html

Valkie

Re: 'The D word will be as offensive as the N word':

Post by Valkie » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:31 pm

Pretty soon

You will not be able to speak to anybody without offending them.

People will simply walk past each other looking down and avoiding eye contact

Oh shite, they do that already

No wonder social skills are all gone.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

cods

Post by cods » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:20 pm

what the hell has this to do with Clover?... isnt she in charge of lamp posts and street furniture?

this is something [daft we know] but it should be for the disabled to want not someone like clover....

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:34 pm

Clover is all for rainbow crossings and identity politics. She spent God knows how much on her rainbow crossing that the NSW government then moved in and covered in the dead of night. :lol:

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:34 pm
Clover is all for rainbow crossings and identity politics. She spent God knows how much on her rainbow crossing that the NSW government then moved in and covered in the dead of night. :lol:
Is she a Gay homo Dyke LGBTQRSETC ?

Looks like one anyway IMO.... Just saying!

Not that there is anything wrong with that eh Bobby! :lol:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:10 pm

She is married but it could be for convenience ... or not. Her hubby looks gay too.

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:50 am

This sounds like being black or gay. They are never happy with what they are called and every few years they decide that what you call them is derogatory and change their preference.

Retarded used to be acceptable, then it went to handicapped, then it became disabled, now they want to change it again and we are insensitive if we don't play along. I don't buy it.

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Wed May 01, 2019 5:39 am

Texan wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:50 am
This sounds like being black or gay. They are never happy with what they are called and every few years they decide that what you call them is derogatory and change their preference.

Retarded used to be acceptable, then it went to handicapped, then it became disabled, now they want to change it again and we are insensitive if we don't play along. I don't buy it.
It's, as you say, their way of attracting attention.
To gain more funding, and in a vain attempt to gain more sympathy.

They of course deny wanting charity or our sympathy.
But if that's the case, why do they make such a big deal out of everything.

Clover is simply playing to the nutcases, like those in Newtown.
People who are soon off their faces with drugs or stupidity, that anything left of stupid sounds like a good idea.

I have no issue with the disabled.
However, in nature, they woukd seldom reach maturity.
By letting them grow and flourish, we are weakening the human race, more so when they breed more disabled.

Everywhere you go there are billions of dollars wasted on disability friendly access.
In many cases, never used,and never will be used.
What a waste.
We even had to fit disabled toilets in our factory.
There is no way, on Gods good earth, that any disabled person could ever work at our factory.
Even fully able bodied persons sometimes struggle to access the difficult and dangerous parts of our machines.

Why the hell we needed disabled toilets and showers eludes me in the extreme.

Another expensive waste for a very vocal minority group..........again
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream