Photo Memories

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
skippy

Re: Photo Memories

Post by skippy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:53 pm

Scotland is on my bucket list big time.
I found the last address where my great great grandparents lived in Edinburgh recently.
The place is still standing but it's apartments now. They lived with one of their sons, not my great grandfather but his brother, he was a lawyer who must have done pretty well for himself given the place he had.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:12 pm

I had family in Edinburgh too and Scotland is definitely on my bucket list.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:25 pm

skippy wrote:Scotland is on my bucket list big time.
I found the last address where my great great grandparents lived in Edinburgh recently.
The place is still standing but it's apartments now. They lived with one of their sons, not my great grandfather but his brother, he was a lawyer who must have done pretty well for himself given the place he had.
Mine originally came from Edinburgh too. My 4 xG was a Silversmith, it is possible that his father was too, "no records", but the same name and fathers took in sons as apprentices as did mine.

Then in the 1780s they moved to Greenock ... not far from Glasgow and the Isle of Bute where other ancestors came from and married in to.

One of my ancestors was a lawyer too and at one stage a Town Clerk of Glasgow. Another was a Silversmith, his silver is still sought after at outrageous prices.

Genealogy is fascinating.

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Might have posted this before in my Hill Billy Capers thread .. can't remember .. but I like it anyway.

arvo2E(2)@25%.jpg
It's looking East from part of my block.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:18 pm

My local cake shop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

skippy

Post by skippy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:21 pm

Yum.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:59 pm

Oldest is away for a week and his cat is upset and missing him. He his dragging his well used toy puppy around and sleeping with it. Puppy used to be a slinky but has no slink left in him lol

Alinta

Post by Alinta » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:41 pm

Black Orchid wrote:Oldest is away for a week and his cat is upset and missing him. He his dragging his well used toy puppy around and sleeping with it. Puppy used to be a slinky but has no slink left in him lol
Big LOL here.....

......but it is a heartwarming photo

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Black Orchid wrote:Oldest is away for a week and his cat is upset and missing him. He his dragging his well used toy puppy around and sleeping with it. Puppy used to be a slinky but has no slink left in him lol
Cute cat. :mrgreen: What's a slinky?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:53 pm

This is a slinky ...

'Puppy' started out with a head, a material covered slinky body and a tail. All his little 'ribs' have now gone and he is left with a head, a 2 and a half foot long thin strip of material for a body and a tail.

Originally similar to this but not the same ...