Welcome Thread

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Texan

Re: Welcome Thread

Post by Texan » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:20 am

brian ross wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:47 pm
Texan wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:35 pm
I now have a confession. My son ate a bison burger on his 18th birthday and I tried a bite. it was good. Sometimes at rodeos the cowboys try to ride a beefalo. It's a cross between a bull and a buffalo. They weigh over a ton.
Bison, has an interesting flavour apparently. Never tried any myself but I'd be interested in doing so if ever given the chance. I had some Buffalo sausages the other day. Not as gamey as I'd have thought they would be. :thumb
The gaminess depends on what they eat. You can trap a wild hog and feed him for a couple of months and the gaminess is gone. I'm sure it's the same for pasture raised bison.

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:31 am

Texan wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:20 am
brian ross wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:47 pm
Texan wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:35 pm
I now have a confession. My son ate a bison burger on his 18th birthday and I tried a bite. it was good. Sometimes at rodeos the cowboys try to ride a beefalo. It's a cross between a bull and a buffalo. They weigh over a ton.
Bison, has an interesting flavour apparently. Never tried any myself but I'd be interested in doing so if ever given the chance. I had some Buffalo sausages the other day. Not as gamey as I'd have thought they would be. :thumb
The gaminess depends on what they eat. You can trap a wild hog and feed him for a couple of months and the gaminess is gone. I'm sure it's the same for pasture raised bison.
Diet has a big influence on how an animal tastes within that species , I have eaten alpaca a few times, some people rave about it, give me a nice bit of lamb any day , It lies somewhere close to lamb maybe a little porkish without the fat, probably good marinated on a kebab ,

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:49 pm

Welcome to Phoenix :beer and also to Wendy. :rose

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:58 pm

Well, here I am, and I see I have 24 Private Messages waiting for me. Golly gosh....I wonder what is in them.

Lots to explore.

If anyone thinks I am going to be a wilting violet sitting inactive in a corner, you are in for a wake up.

And to those pricks who said I would never be back...sucks to be a loser like you, ey.

And for Neferti.......

I am going to be after your hide, and I'll be after the hide of anyone who collaborated with you and your atrocious doxxing and gave you safe harbour.

I'll cop Bobby's three months 'probation,' before access to Sparta, but that is it. If there is any indication my Membership here is in any other way fettered, I am out.

Now, let's see what unfolds.

Will BO and Sappho piss off as they said they would if I was back? How weak as piss is that, ey?

:Hi to you BO and Sappho.

Bobby, here's an idea. How about making me one of your GMods? At least I know what the Constitution provides. No other bastard here seems to have a clue, including what preferential voting is. You won the election on the votes and not because Cup Cake threw in the towel.

Now...I have 24 PMs to read.

:f

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:01 pm

Hi Aussie,
I've never seen you so happy before. :lol:

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:05 pm

Yep, welcome back aussie.

Now I have found the right thread to post this in.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:12 pm

Super Nova wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:05 pm
Yep, welcome back aussie.

Now I have found the right thread to post this in.
So.....what do we do to get the character of this place back. First Cab off the rank is to dismiss Redneck's dumbarse suggested amendment...condemned even by freediver (as Bobby will confirm....I knew it would be.)

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:28 pm

Turning on guest posting in one section of the board would be a start. And get rid of the permanent bans. And get some oldtimers back.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:34 pm

AiA in Atlanta wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:28 pm
Turning on guest posting in one section of the board would be a start. And get rid of the permanent bans. And get some oldtimers back.
Abracadabra....and *poof* look who is here! Well done Bobby...don't baulk......open the place up so the grubs are seen for what they truly are.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:41 pm

AiA in Atlanta wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:28 pm
Turning on guest posting in one section of the board would be a start.
And get rid of the permanent bans. And get some oldtimers back.

Welcome back AiA.
I hope you rejoin PA and make some valuable contributions.
Guest Posting is a little bit risky as some malicious characters could
post doxxing info about other members with impunity -
so I'm against that.