Welcome Thread

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
brian ross

Re: Welcome Thread

Post by brian ross » Wed May 01, 2019 11:27 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:32 pm
Shouldn't you be more worried about Koalas, the Southern cassowary, Grey-headed flying-foxes, Tasmanian devils, Red tailed black cockatoos, Tasmanian wedge tailed eagles etc etc etc, Brian? All of which are endangered, on your own door step and are being threatened by present day practices.
I am worried by the loss of those species and I would mention it in any thread devoted to it, Black Orchid. However, they haven't come into this thread until now, now have they? Furthermore, why am I not allowed to talk about American Bison losses with an American? :roll:
Bison aren't endangered anymore and their numbers are growing thanks to people who live in the present day.
Different types of Bison AIUI, Black Orchid. Plains Bison are basically extinct. Most Bison around today AIUI are "Woods Bison", a smaller breed.
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue May 07, 2019 11:09 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:32 pm
Shouldn't you be more worried about Koalas, the Southern cassowary, Grey-headed flying-foxes, Tasmanian devils, Red tailed black cockatoos, Tasmanian wedge tailed eagles etc etc etc, Brian? All of which are endangered, on your own door step and are being threatened by present day practices.
brian ross wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:27 am
I am worried by the loss of those species and I would mention it in any thread devoted to it, Black Orchid. However, they haven't come into this thread until now, now have they? Furthermore, why am I not allowed to talk about American Bison losses with an American? :roll:

You're allowed to do what you want. She was just pointing out how it is kind of rude to try to piss in my Corn Flakes in a "Welcome Thread". As if I had anything to do with killing all of the bison....... By your standards, you are an aboriginal abusing criminal exile. Besides, I am also part Choctaw Indian. I even have black people in my family. :o Welcome to Political Animal.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:43 pm

Welcome to PA, Fred. :Hi

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:26 am

G'day Fred :Hi

Fred

Post by Fred » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:39 am

Hello all,

Just fumbling around but be warned people, I will return as good as I get. If you act the fool I will point it out. IF you attack me I will retaliate.

People obviously evaluate my comments then consider them in line with all my posts. Every time I enter a thread or start a thread, I do so in good faith that people are not slanting to bias. So before insult is thrown consider the comment itself and not what is thought to be said.

I notice there is a more liberal (could I say??? maybe not) aspect to the forum, So let’s shake this baby up… LOL

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:48 am

Fred wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:39 am
Hello all,

Just fumbling around but be warned people, I will return as good as I get. If you act the fool I will point it out. IF you attack me I will retaliate.

People obviously evaluate my comments then consider them in line with all my posts. Every time I enter a thread or start a thread, I do so in good faith that people are not slanting to bias. So before insult is thrown consider the comment itself and not what is thought to be said.

I notice there is a more liberal (could I say??? maybe not) aspect to the forum, So let’s shake this baby up… LOL
The place is full of ratbag rightards Fred.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Welcome Fred.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:43 pm

Welcome, Fred.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:35 pm

I now have a confession. My son ate a bison burger on his 18th birthday and I tried a bite. it was good. Sometimes at rodeos the cowboys try to ride a beefalo. It's a cross between a bull and a buffalo. They weigh over a ton.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:47 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:35 pm
I now have a confession. My son ate a bison burger on his 18th birthday and I tried a bite. it was good. Sometimes at rodeos the cowboys try to ride a beefalo. It's a cross between a bull and a buffalo. They weigh over a ton.
Bison, has an interesting flavour apparently. Never tried any myself but I'd be interested in doing so if ever given the chance. I had some Buffalo sausages the other day. Not as gamey as I'd have thought they would be. :thumb
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair