Glitch

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Black Orchid

Glitch

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:37 pm

Twice today I clicked SUBMIT to make a post and both times the post came back up in PREVIEW mode where I had to hit SUBMIT again. On both occasions I was acutely aware of which button I was pressing. If I had just gone on to another screen my post would not have shown.

This happens sometimes and I don't know why. Maybe the software needs upgrading. I know a couple of people have said their posts have been deleted. THEY HAVE NOT! I don't delete posts as I expect you, as adults, to own them. I move the odd one here and there to unclutter a topic but do not delete.

I suggest you be aware of this when you post and CHECK! If your post doesn't show hit the back button and submit again. You should notice a difference in the screen.

Redneck

Re: Glitch

Post by Redneck » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:01 pm

I thought that happened when someone else had just posted moments before on the topic!

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:11 pm

Redneck wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:01 pm
I thought that happened when someone else had just posted moments before on the topic!
Yes, Red, I have had a message to the effect that "somebody else has posted on this subject" and whether I want to post or read the "new" post or not .... usually I don't bother reading the "new" post .... probably has nothing whatsoever to do with what I was saying. ;)

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:15 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:37 pm
Twice today I clicked SUBMIT to make a post and both times the post came back up in PREVIEW mode where I had to hit SUBMIT again. On both occasions I was acutely aware of which button I was pressing. If I had just gone on to another screen my post would not have shown.

This happens sometimes and I don't know why. Maybe the software needs upgrading. I know a couple of people have said their posts have been deleted. THEY HAVE NOT! I don't delete posts as I expect you, as adults, to own them. I move the odd one here and there to unclutter a topic but do not delete.

I suggest you be aware of this when you post and CHECK! If your post doesn't show hit the back button and submit again. You should notice a difference in the screen.
Can't say that I have had that happen, see my reply to Redneck. Sometimes I have seen somebody post the same message twice ... that could be the reason?

MOST people should be aware that you do NOT delete posts, Black Orchid. If they aren't, then they haven't been paying attention!

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:23 pm

I have been accused of deleting posts twice recently and it's hysterical and utter BS! I don't believe in deleting posts.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:27 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:23 pm
I have been accused of deleting posts twice recently and it's hysterical and utter BS! I don't believe in deleting posts.
Ignore them. I know you don't delete posts. They are probably confused, since most post here and elsewhere. Posts are deleted over yonder, apparently. I wouldn't know since I don't post there. :mrgreen:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:02 pm

I just experienced your "glitch", Black Orchid. I attempted to make a post and it appeared to be successful but when I went back to the thread my post wasn't there...
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:21 pm

It's happened to me a few times today even though I know I have clicked SUBMIT. I just hit the back button until my raw post showed again and clicked submit again until it went through.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:25 pm

brian ross wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:02 pm
I just experienced your "glitch", Black Orchid. I attempted to make a post and it appeared to be successful but when I went back to the thread my post wasn't there...
I consider that a bonus.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:55 pm

Mistress Nicole wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:25 pm
brian ross wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:02 pm
I consider that a bonus.
And you invited me here, now didn't you, "Nicole"? 8-)
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair