Starting a New Chapter...

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
The Mechanic

Starting a New Chapter...

Post by The Mechanic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 am

Over thew passed two weeks me and the Mrs have been building a shed on our new property...

Its was 90% Finished by end of Friday last week but then on Saturday and Sunday we had to move all of our "Junk" out of our house and into the Shed due to coming Settlement coming today... early afternoon..

we are back at work this week so no progress to finish off our shed...

I"d show you guys pictures, but with GPS signatures these days attached to photos, I can't trust the FREAKS to go snooping and try to figure out where im living....

I've already gone through this with Monk when he was susing out where I worked... what kind of sick bastard goes stalking into your personal affairs as to where you live and work? .. and then of course... there's Arsie... the most untrustworthy, stalking pervert on any forum I've ever been on...

But anyways ... I digress...

We Built a "Barn" style shed... 16 meters by 10.5 meters... its HUGE.. Folks can't believe that just me and the mrs put it up..

it wasn't easy thats for sure ... one of our friends gave us 2 days before we quit and called someone else to come in and put it up for us...

we came across many problems but were able to solve them all... the "detailed" instructions were deplorable... they are set up to cover many different styles of shed... not just ours.. so it was frustrating ... so much so that some days I just wanted to punch someone square in the face... :bgrin

So... after 18 years of living on the River just inland from the sea.. we have moved out to a little town inland and away from the windy coast where the soil is infertile and away from the salt mist..

We have 4 large gumtrees on our property with more gumtrees around our property... love the smell of gums on a wet day :bgrin

Now we will live in our full ensuite caravan until we start our next project.. our new house... later on this year after the winter rains have gone away and days longer..

oh and concreters.... boy... one guy got us 6 weeks behind.. what an arsehole... :evil:

the Slab in itself was a big learning curve...

we will redesign our house slab between now and when we put it down towards the end of the year...

Interesting times...

Setting ourselves up for retirement and enjoyment of better gardening and self sufficiency..

what could possibly go wrong>? :meet
Beware the Fury of a Patient Man Q WWG1WGA ▄︻╦デ╤一

sprintcyclist

Re: Starting a New Chapter...

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 am

You are living our dream .
We are looking for a place in the hinterland of the Sunshine coast to retire on.
A place with trees and animals.

Very well done mechanic
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:31 am

sprintcyclist wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 am
You are living our dream
We are looking for a place in the hinterland of the Sunshine coast to retire on.

Very well done mechanic
Yep....watch "The Good Life"....hope your neighbour isnt Margo....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:29 pm

here's our new shed (with details removed)

not quite finished!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:36 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 am
You are living our dream .

Very well done mechanic
Good luck with your venture Sprint!

I have been trying to grow a Lemon Scented Gumtree at our old home for like 5 years...

its only grown to around 2.5 feet high, gets a few leaves, but then looks as though it does again after winds and salt air hit the new leaves..

This last spring it started to get leaves on it again so I transplanted it to a large pot before putting it on our new block... the success of this tree will also be an indication of what we want to achieve in this area - fertile grounds, fresh air without salt mist and low winds...

well... this little fighter has taken off... its been getting new growth all summer and autumn ... its now nearly 6 feet high with good growth... I couldn't be happier :bgrin

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:44 pm

The Mechanic wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:29 pm
here's our new shed (with details removed)

not quite finished!
Wow, I tips me hat to you and your lovely wife.

Amazing
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:56 pm

Thanks Sprint

Our new Alpaca's seem to be enjoying themselves :bgrin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:40 pm

The Mechanic wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 am
I've already gone through this with Monk when he was susing out where I worked... what kind of sick bastard goes stalking into your personal affairs as to where you live and work?
When did this happen? We all know what he has done in the past with information. Both of them!
.. and then of course... there's Arsie... the most untrustworthy, stalking pervert on any forum I've ever been on...
Yes well ...

Great looking shed Mech and those Alpacas are sooooooo cute. What are you going to do with them?

Good luck in your new life. :thumb

The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:30 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:40 pm
The Mechanic wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 am
I've already gone through this with Monk when he was susing out where I worked... what kind of sick bastard goes stalking into your personal affairs as to where you live and work?
When did this happen? We all know what he has done in the past with information. Both of them!
.. and then of course... there's Arsie... the most untrustworthy, stalking pervert on any forum I've ever been on...
Yes well ...

Great looking shed Mech and those Alpacas are sooooooo cute. What are you going to do with them?

Good luck in your new life. :thumb
monks act was some time ago so im not interested in rehashing it....

I have given him my thoughts but just wanted to let you guys know that if I dont put up a picture of whatever its most likely got private information on it... turns out I was able to take off locations on pics above...

the Paccas will help us keep the grass down and if we can, use their fleece...

their names are MaccaPacca, and, ChewPacca.. get it? :lol:

we've got our bees out there already..

then I'll be looking into chickens..

this shift is getting us ready for "retirement"... I should I say.. semi retirement...

this wont be until we are set up and everything paid off...

it'll also be a considerable investment for the future for our children..

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:41 pm

The building looks good. That’s also my dream to build a “barndominium “ on East TX acreage. I’m looking at having a similar building erected and coating the inside with polyurethane insulation. I would frame it out and finish it myself.

I currently live on 1 acre near Dallas and only have 10 chickens in a portable coop.

That was wise to start with the shop. The learning curve is cheaper than on the house.