Starting a New Chapter...

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
The Mechanic

Re: Starting a New Chapter...

Post by The Mechanic » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:49 pm

Texan wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:41 pm
The building looks good. That’s also my dream to build a “barndominium “ on East TX acreage. I’m looking at having a similar building erected and coating the inside with polyurethane insulation. I would frame it out and finish it myself.

I currently live on 1 acre near Dallas and only have 10 chickens in a portable coop.

That was wise to start with the shop. The learning curve is cheaper than on the house.
Nice one .. I also plan to run some chickens in a mobile unit... i like the Chicken Caravan 🐓 but they are too expensive..

I put in a 22,500lt water tank a week and a half ago and i reckon we’ve got 11,000 litres in it already .. Not bad considering the BOM said that it was going to be a Warm Dry Winter :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beware the Fury of a Patient Man Q WWG1WGA ▄︻╦デ╤一

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:15 pm

great work mechanic
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:28 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:15 pm
great work mechanic
Thanks Sprint...

We have now put our caravan inside of the shed but over the passed few days our solar battery reserves have been getting low due to the constant clouds ⛅️ And rain 🌧...

I have a new meter on order which will tell me how my input is going .. i have been caught out before whereby i’ve Had dodgy connections on the Solar panels whereby only one panel was working... I have put two new 150watt panels on the shed roof but need to check their input... i also have two new panels that i haven’t put up yet.. so thats an option as well.. 😊

This weekend i put on a solar powered automatic gate opener ... and a Dog 🐕 door into the barn where he has a little fenced off area inside...

Just have to keep chipping away at these things ticking off items as we go... not easy when its been raining every weekend!!

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:24 pm

Good work Mech :thumb

The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:04 pm

Now nearly 4 Months on the bloody rain still hasn’t stopped!! :cry:

My concreter and i have it in our diaries to get in contact on the 1st of October to see how the weather is going and if we can start the house slab ..

I’ve had the house slab redesigned and we are still staring down the barrel of a $35,000 dollar bill :shock:

Anyways... we chip away each weekend getting things sorted to expand a bit in the shed and give us more room etc .. put up solar panels on the shed... set up a 12v water pump that runs off the Water Tank and through a small instant hot water system and then into our caravan 🚿

We’ve been living totally off grid since March.

We have built a shed for the Alpaca’s, Shed for the Bees 🐝... mainly out of leftover Tin sheets and wood.. had to by main structure wood...

Set up a shearing pen..

Install 2 windows.. Install a wood heater.. close in 2 bays of the shed for extra room etc..

And I still have a list of things to do... :shock:

But we will keep chipping away..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:39 pm

You are amazing Mechanic

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:46 pm

Very busy and doing an awesome job Mechanic :thumb

Mortdooley

Post by Mortdooley » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:21 am

This guy could ruin you, it did me.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/user/mhpgardener[/youtube]

Congratulations on your new place, I expect the new lifestyle will suit you wonderfully. We live in a little strip of unincorporated area on about two acres. We have been playing hobby farm for about ten years, I don't know if we could ever live in a subdivision or apartment.
Taxpayers are the modern equivalent of Hebrew slaves building the pyramids for the Egyptian political class.

The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:45 pm

Just an update of whats happening on our Block..

Septic plumbing in, Slab in, Frame going up :thumb

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:50 pm

I am very impressed