Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
BigP

Re: Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by BigP » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:28 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:53 pm
Latest office wear for the woke!

Auschwitz casual wear, something cool to wear when stoking the ovens

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:45 pm

I take it that you're not a new age woke metrosexual P? :lol:

BigP

Post by BigP » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:30 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:45 pm
I take it that you're not a new age woke metrosexual P? :lol:
Not the last time I looked lol

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:52 am

Big news in the Texan household. My youngest just tested positive for the China Virus. The rest of us will be tested tomorrow and it looks like I will get 2 weeks of staycation. My son's fever has already broken and he has a mild cough right now. The fever lasted about 3 days. I've already notified my boss and everybody I have been around for the last few days.

I figured that I would be the one to get it, since I travel for work, eat out, stay in hotels, etc........, but I guess my hygiene and immune system have been better than most. I almost never get sick. The funny thing is that I gave blood today. I feel fine and I didn't know anybody who had been diagnosed positive. I wanted to give blood because with a donation, they will also give you an antibody test. I'll get the results in 2 weeks for that, or I'll know earlier if I test positive tomorrow. You'll be seeing a little bit more of me for the next 2 weeks. Sorry.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:23 am

That's bad news, Tex, but I'm glad your son had the mild version and I hope no-one else in your family tests positive.

A friend of mine had it and was only a bit ill for 3 days. Sore throat and cough and that's about it.

What worries me are the numbers who are supposedly testing positive again after having recovered the first time. I'm not sure if this is true or if it's just a way to keep lockdowns in place as the economies collapse further.

BigP

Post by BigP » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:27 am

Be careful there big guy, this is a nasty bug, :beer

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:38 am

Bad news Tex. On the upside, I do enjoy reading your thoughts. :buddy
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am

Thank you for the well wishes, ya'll. I think there is no stopping this bug without either letting it spread or killing your economy containing it. As I've said, I think our best option is to protect our vulnerable and get on with our lives. Of course, I'll do my part to not spread the disease now that it's in my house.

I haven't seen my parents in 9 days. They should be OK and I won't be seeing them for at least another 3-4 weeks. My brother and his kids can look after them if need be. My 89 year old mother in law was at the house Friday. Mrs Texan corrected me and told me that my son didn't have any symptoms until Saturday evening. My son wasn't home all day when my MIL was here. I hope she avoided the bug.

BigP

Post by BigP » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:04 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Thank you for the well wishes, ya'll. I think there is no stopping this bug without either letting it spread or killing your economy containing it. As I've said, I think our best option is to protect our vulnerable and get on with our lives. Of course, I'll do my part to not spread the disease now that it's in my house.

I haven't seen my parents in 9 days. They should be OK and I won't be seeing them for at least another 3-4 weeks. My brother and his kids can look after them if need be. My 89 year old mother in law was at the house Friday. Mrs Texan corrected me and told me that my son didn't have any symptoms until Saturday evening. My son wasn't home all day when my MIL was here. I hope she avoided the bug.
Do what you have to do Tex, I had a little chuckle when I read you hadn't seen your parents in 9 days, I last saw my mother at Christmas and haven't spoken to her in a few months. My father lives a few K up the road and I saw the first week of or lock-down which was three months back,,

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:23 pm

BigP wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:04 pm
Texan wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am

Do what you have to do Tex, I had a little chuckle when I read you hadn't seen your parents in 9 days, I last saw my mother at Christmas and haven't spoken to her in a few months. My father lives a few K up the road and I saw the first week of or lock-down which was three months back,,
When this first started, I went 3 months without hugging my parents. I would bring my lawn chair and sit in their front yard with them, but that was about it. My parents live about 40km away. I only hugged my parents after I got out of the hospital for my gallbladder and had just tested negative 3 times for the China Virus.