Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
BigP

Re: Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by BigP » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:48 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:23 pm
BigP wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:04 pm
Texan wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Thank you for the well wishes, ya'll. I think there is no stopping this bug without either letting it spread or killing your economy containing it. As I've said, I think our best option is to protect our vulnerable and get on with our lives. Of course, I'll do my part to not spread the disease now that it's in my house.

I haven't seen my parents in 9 days. They should be OK and I won't be seeing them for at least another 3-4 weeks. My brother and his kids can look after them if need be. My 89 year old mother in law was at the house Friday. Mrs Texan corrected me and told me that my son didn't have any symptoms until Saturday evening. My son wasn't home all day when my MIL was here. I hope she avoided the bug.
Do what you have to do Tex, I had a little chuckle when I read you hadn't seen your parents in 9 days, I last saw my mother at Christmas and haven't spoken to her in a few months. My father lives a few K up the road and I saw the first week of or lock-down which was three months back,,
When this first started, I went 3 months without hugging my parents. I would bring my lawn chair and sit in their front yard with them, but that was about it. My parents live about 40km away. I only hugged my parents after I got out of the hospital for my gallbladder and had just tested negative 3 times for the China Virus.
Its great that you have a good relationship with your parents Tex, I tend to be a bit of a loner and dont keep in regular contact with family and friends

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:10 pm

BigP wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:48 pm
Texan wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:23 pm
BigP wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:04 pm
Texan wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 am
Thank you for the well wishes, ya'll. I think there is no stopping this bug without either letting it spread or killing your economy containing it. As I've said, I think our best option is to protect our vulnerable and get on with our lives. Of course, I'll do my part to not spread the disease now that it's in my house.

I haven't seen my parents in 9 days. They should be OK and I won't be seeing them for at least another 3-4 weeks. My brother and his kids can look after them if need be. My 89 year old mother in law was at the house Friday. Mrs Texan corrected me and told me that my son didn't have any symptoms until Saturday evening. My son wasn't home all day when my MIL was here. I hope she avoided the bug.
Do what you have to do Tex, I had a little chuckle when I read you hadn't seen your parents in 9 days, I last saw my mother at Christmas and haven't spoken to her in a few months. My father lives a few K up the road and I saw the first week of or lock-down which was three months back,,
When this first started, I went 3 months without hugging my parents. I would bring my lawn chair and sit in their front yard with them, but that was about it. My parents live about 40km away. I only hugged my parents after I got out of the hospital for my gallbladder and had just tested negative 3 times for the China Virus.
Its great that you have a good relationship with your parents Tex, I tend to be a bit of a loner and dont keep in regular contact with family and friends
We normally meet my brother and his kids at my parents once or twice a month to watch sports and play card or domino games. Less with the covid.

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:36 am

Everyone else in my house tested negative this morning. My boss has all the paperwork and now the staycation begins. Mrs Texan is already cracking the whip and demanding help with housework. :smack

My son could have it worse. He has cable TV, internet, a small fridge in his room, and Mama cooking his meals. Bathroom is across the hall and the rest of us are using other bathrooms.

BigP

Post by BigP » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:12 am

Texan wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:36 am
Everyone else in my house tested negative this morning. My boss has all the paperwork and now the staycation begins. Mrs Texan is already cracking the whip and demanding help with housework. :smack

My son could have it worse. He has cable TV, internet, a small fridge in his room, and Mama cooking his meals. Bathroom is across the hall and the rest of us are using other bathrooms.
Jesus Tex, I almost shit myself when I saw your avatar. I thought I was lookin at farkin yeti lol :f

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:43 am

BigP wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:12 am
Texan wrote:

Jesus Tex, I almost shit myself when I saw your avatar. I thought I was lookin at farkin yeti lol :f
That's only 4 months growth. My record is 14 months. Pretty soon I will break out the t-shirt with the beard chart on the front. I used to have to put a pony tail holder on it when it was windy to keep it out of my face.

BigP

Post by BigP » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:53 am

Texan wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:43 am
BigP wrote:
Texan wrote:

That's only 4 months growth. My record is 14 months. Pretty soon I will break out the t-shirt with the beard chart on the front. I used to have to put a pony tail holder on it when it was windy to keep it out of my face.

""I used to have to put a pony tail ""

I find pony tails real sexy, so I would watch out if i were you lol

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:09 am

BigP wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:53 am
Texan wrote:
BigP wrote:
Texan wrote:

You do know that Mrs Texan is armed. Right? She has my backside, but I won't be bending over anywhere near you.

That reminds me of an old poofter joke. Oak Lawn is a notoriously gay neighborhood in Dallas. The joke goes like this:

What do you do if you find a $100 bill on the sidewalk in Oak Lawn? .......... Kick it to Northwest Highway.

BigP

Post by BigP » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:17 am

Texan wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:09 am
BigP wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:53 am
Texan wrote:
BigP wrote:
Texan wrote:

You do know that Mrs Texan is armed. Right? She has my backside, but I won't be bending over anywhere near you.

That reminds me of an old poofter joke. Oak Lawn is a notoriously gay neighborhood in Dallas. The joke goes like this:

What do you do if you find a $100 bill on the sidewalk in Oak Lawn? .......... Kick it to Northwest Highway.

Behind every good man there is a mighty fine woman ,

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:50 am

Back to the China Virus: I just told my best friend about my son. I'm not posting it on FB. I don't want the attention of the entire world. He told me that his youngest daughter just recovered from the virus. She had minor cold like symptoms and she gave it to her Uncle Richard before she was diagnosed. He had the same minor symptoms but still tested positive after 2 weeks, so he is still stuck in quarantine. I think this virus is more widespread than we realize, but people are keeping the news to themselves. We're only telling our closest friends and people that we could have possibly exposed before the diagnosis. Ya'll are an exception because we are anonymous(ish).

BigP

Post by BigP » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:56 am

Texan wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:50 am
Back to the China Virus: I just told my best friend about my son. I'm not posting it on FB. I don't want the attention of the entire world. He told me that his youngest daughter just recovered from the virus. She had minor cold like symptoms and she gave it to her Uncle Richard before she was diagnosed. He had the same minor symptoms but still tested positive after 2 weeks, so he is still stuck in quarantine. I think this virus is more widespread than we realize, but people are keeping the news to themselves. We're only telling our closest friends and people that we could have possibly exposed before the diagnosis. Ya'll are an exception because we are anonymous(ish).
its more widespread and evidence appears to be surfacing that it is killing less people, At some point in the not to distant future herd protection should start kicking in,,