Bushfires

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Black Orchid

Re: Bushfires

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:46 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:31 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:40 pm
brian ross wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:57 pm
Nope, nothing to do with Climate Change at all, folks. Nothing to see here, move along, please, move along. :roll :roll
Nothing to see here? Why thank you "Greta" for displaying your usual lack of empathy and understanding for the many human, animal and wildlife victims who have perished horribly and just to push your own barrow.

Surprised you aren't topping it off by blaming Trump.
I am sure his "thoughts and prayers" are with the victims, just as ScoMo's are, Black Orchid

What do the victims of these bushfires think about ScoMo's "thoughts and prayers" or would they prefer some concrete action to reduce the effects of Global Warming and Climate Change on their and of course, our, environment? You get a lot of bushfires 'round your way, do you, Black Orchid? :roll
Bugger off, 'Breta' this is not a political topic nor is it a topic on Global Warming nor is it a topic for you to push your barrow.

Actually I have lived through 2 bushfires in which others closeby died, we were very lucky, and I am also in part of the 'catastrophic' zone for tomorrow. You just don't possess the appropriate psychological maturity, skills or behaviours required to recognise either what is appropriate/inappropriate or when to stop.

So take your rolling eyes and patronising BS and ram it up your ass!

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:25 pm

I don't have a donkey, thank'ee very much, Black Orchid.

I fought the Ash Wednesday bushfires in the Adelaide Hills in 1983. I am well aware of how catastrophic bushfires can be. My brother's house was just missed by those fires. I have friends who lost their houses during those and other bushfires. I doubt my experience is all that unique in Australian society except for those who live in the heart of the capital cities.

I presently live in a high bushfire danger zone. I am preparing for this year's bushfire season. What are you doing, Black Orchid? Cleared your house's gutters? Removed leaf litter from around the house? Made sure you have metal fly screens on your windows? Made sure there is no avenues by which embers can enter your roof space? Cleaned up 'round the house and the out buildings?

I am contemplating joining the local CFS, which is just 'round the corner from my house. It would be a good idea if all able bodied adults did so. It was one of the (few) things I admired about Tone Rabbit.

You state this thread isn't about politics. I believe every thread is ultimately about politics. Climate Change is affecting us all and unless we force our stupid muppet goverment(s) to do something about it, it will only get worse, despite what you appear to believe. You cannot divorce it from a discussion about bushfires IMO. :stop
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:30 am

I think they will intensify before they abate
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:25 am

sprintcyclist wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:30 am
I think they will intensify before they abate
They’re supposed to get worse today. :sad By the way, the Koala Hospital in Port Macquarie is having a fundraiser for injured koalas, if anyone wants to donate. their target was $25,00 and so far they’ve raised over $154,000! :)

https://www.koalahospital.org.au/?fbcli ... peg48_EcPE
The better I get to know people, the more I find myself loving dogs.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:39 am

Looks like the Bushfire scams may have started,

I just received a call supposedly from the Rural fire Service , they hung up when I asked a couple of questions

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:50 am

That's disgraceful, Red. Some people are just disgusting human beings.

I posted the link to the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital Gofundme page yesterday. Here it is again ...

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-thirsty ... cent-fires

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Kids lit 4 fires in one area. Morons. The fire at Turramurra was also deliberately lit.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:38 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:06 pm
Kids lit 4 fires in one area. Morons. The fire at Turramurra was also deliberately lit.
hard to comprehend
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:50 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:38 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
hard to comprehend
I have visions of a bunch of feral and rabid Gretas running around trying to make a point. *sigh

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:58 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:50 pm
sprintcyclist wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:38 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
hard to comprehend
I have visions of a bunch of feral and rabid Gretas running around trying to make a point. *sigh
I thought you had declared this thread wasn't to be about politics, Black Orchid. Obviously that doesn't include pointless digs at Greta Thurnberg. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair