Bushfires

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Black Orchid

Re: Bushfires

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:34 pm

NSW Rural Fire Service Inspector Ben Shepherd has revealed investigators are close to charging more than a dozen suspected arsonists believed to have deliberately lit bushfires as the state remains in the grip of an ongoing bushfire crisis.

With tireless firefighters continuing to battle more than 100 blazes across NSW, Mr Shepherd warned the RFS was working “hand-in-hand with police” and noted that the state has “some of the toughest arson laws and penalties” in the country.

It comes amid revelations at least 56 people have already been charged or cautioned with 71 bushfire-related offences since August, with 16 ogoing investigations into suspicious fires, including a blaze that threatened the rim of suburban Sydney in South Turramurra, on Sydney’s Upper North Shore, on November 12.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation ... 3c66391516

But it's global warming right? :roll:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:43 am

Queensland firefighters have had their valuables stolen in a suspected early morning break-and-enter.

Officers at the Windsor station in Brisbane awoke on Sunday morning to find a number of their mobile phones, wallets and car keys had been stolen.

It's believed the thieves gained entry by climbing over a balcony of the Truro Street precinct shortly after 3am.

No one has been arrested over the incident and the matter remains under investigation.
https://7news.com.au/news/qld/queenslan ... y-c-618563

And the scum of the earth come out from under their rocks.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:48 am

A New South Wales firefighter who helped battle a devastating blaze that ripped through Balmoral, in the Southern Highlands, has broken down in tears at suggestions he and his Rural Fire Service colleagues "failed" to save the small town.

At least 100 buildings were lost over the weekend to the fires which ripped through NSW, and speaking from Balmoral this morning, 9News reporter Bethan Yeoman said about 40 homes had been lost as the Green Wattle Creek fire engulfed the town.

The town, which was hit twice by fires in a matter of days, is home to about 400 people and 150 properties.
Bushfire crisis: Cooler conditions ease fire risk.

At a press conference yesterday, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said "there isn't much left" of Balmoral, as she discussed when residents might be able to return and see if their properties were still standing.

Firefighter Greg told 2GB's John Stanley in an emotional interview that conditions on the weekend were "horrific".

The teary firefighter said the language used by the premier and the media was also harmful to the morale of the RFS who had fought so hard in Balmoral.

"Balmoral has not been wiped off the map. It is not almost gone. It is all still there," Greg said.

"The suggestion that we failed in defending that village… I don't know how the other guys take that, but me personally, I'm quite offended at the suggestion that we lost that village because we didn't.

"I had mates hospitalised."
More arm chair scum of the earth trying to blame the fire fighters.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:48 pm

But remember, they aren't being paid to do this, Black Orchid. Scumo, the PM you wanted to be PM believes they "want to be there", rather than to be paid. Tsk, tsk. :roll

Always remember though, his thoughts and prayers came all the way from Hawaii for the people of NSW and Queensland who were suffering the full onslaught of this climate change driven bushfire emergency. :shock:

My brother and his daughter both have houses which were just missed by the Cudlee Creek fire in the Adelaide Hills last week. His farm was missed by two ridges and her house was missed by the otherside of the road. Both were very lucky. :thumb
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:53 pm

The very sad part about the bushfires is that Australia has been experiencing bushfires for decades, and when
the current bushfires are extinguished, next year will be more of the same...perhaps with one exception...
the grubberment will maybe provide us with another fire truck or two....
Nothing will ever change until a politicians house is burnt to the ground...
That's the irony of it all...
We've seen it all before...
How many lives are lost at an intersection before a grubberment puts in a set of lights...
perhaps because a politicians child is killed...
How bad are the roads where a politician lives....they are excellent....
Are any immigrants settled in suburbs where politicians live....no....of course not.....
How many Somalis live in Kirribilli….none.....
And so it goes on.....
Nothing will ever change whilst we have scum ruling over us......
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:19 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:48 pm
But remember, they aren't being paid to do this, Black Orchid. Scumo, the PM you wanted to be PM believes they "want to be there", rather than to be paid. Tsk, tsk. :roll

Always remember though, his thoughts and prayers came all the way from Hawaii for the people of NSW and Queensland who were suffering the full onslaught of this climate change driven bushfire emergency. :shock:

My brother and his daughter both have houses which were just missed by the Cudlee Creek fire in the Adelaide Hills last week. His farm was missed by two ridges and her house was missed by the otherside of the road. Both were very lucky. :thumb
I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I did not vote for ScoMo before it finally sinks in. Perhaps write it on your forehead and look in the mirror every day so that you can remember?

Talk about a brain like a sieve. :roll:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:20 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:53 pm
The very sad part about the bushfires is that Australia has been experiencing bushfires for decades, and when
the current bushfires are extinguished, next year will be more of the same...perhaps with one exception...
How many lives are lost at an intersection before a grubberment puts in a set of lights...
Are any immigrants settled in suburbs where politicians live....no....of course not.....
And so it goes on.....
Don't know about where you are but there won't be much bush left of NSW to worry about next year.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:21 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:19 pm
I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I did not vote for ScoMo before it finally sinks in. Perhaps write it on your forehead and look in the mirror every day so that you can remember?

Do you deny that you spoke in favour of the Tories at the last election, Black Orchid? :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:25 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:53 pm
And so it goes on.....
It's just so heart warming how all the Somalis and muzzos who aren't working,
Are flocking to the fire ravaged areas to help fight the fires.

Such willingness to put their lives on the line to help save their adopted country.
Such effort to be rewarded with high praise indeed.

What?

None at all?

Ship them all home, we don't want them.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:27 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:21 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:19 pm

Do you deny that you spoke in favour of the Tories at the last election, Black Orchid? :roll
I DID NOT VOTE for ScoMo (or his representatives) which I have told you a HUNDRED TIMES!! I never once said I was going to! Stop trying to spin it into something that fits your own agenda. I am really not in the mood for your BS today.

I did speak against Shorten and his free sex change operations and his Gender Commissioner! :roll:

If you can't figure out the difference that's your problem.