Archives

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Neferti

Re: Archives

Post by Neferti » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:10 am

I can NOT see anything called ARCHIVES any where. Where is it listed that people are clicking on and finding that they need a password?

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:14 am

Neferti~ wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:10 am
I can NOT see anything called ARCHIVES any where. Where is it listed that people are clicking on and finding that they need a password?
There is no Archives available to anyone other than Gmods.

I am moving that Archive stuff over to the new folder called The Dungeon.

There are other hidden folders too and they
will all be moved over to The Dungeon given enough time -
subject to the exceptions listed on a previous post.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:43 am

Bobby wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:30 am
I have some good news for all members.

Some people want to read old Archived threads.
I don't know why but as the new EL I am required to do what the members want.

A new folder will be created on the front page of the real PA forum called The Dungeon.
It will be password protected and any member including probationary members
who want that secret password will have it sent to them via PM.
It will be a huge reservoir of old threads.
I can promise that almost everything hidden that is here on this site
will eventually be moved there with the exception of:
(1) disgusting threads.
(2) highly abusive threads.
(3) threads where guest posters wrote things that they shouldn't have.

Whatever is there will increase day by day and most threads will not be locked.
Everyday there will be more threads to read and even reply to
however I don't expect or want a great deal of new writing activity there.
I would prefer most new writing activity out on the main forum
where even non members browsing can see it.

Please allow a few days for this process to start
and maybe a few weeks before any substantial number of threads are moved there.
(1) disgusting threads.
Bobby....you are making progress but I am concerned about there being far to much room for your subjective judgement in those expressions. ONE of the reasons I want to see it all, warts and all, is so that I can read what malicious character assassination has been posted here behind my back, so I can deal with that and the craven arseholes who had such courage sniping at me in complete safety, knowing there was no way I could defend. I want wrongs made right and wrongdoers dealt with. Some of the things which even you have alleged against me are totally false and can only be sourced at what must be utter bullshit posted here behind closed doors.

That is a grave wrong, I am aggrieved and I strongly assert am entitled to the open opportunity to deal with asshattery of that kind.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:49 am

Aussie wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:43 am

(1) disgusting threads.
Bobby....you are making progress but I am concerned about there being far to much room for your subjective judgement in those expressions. ONE of the reasons I want to see it all, warts and all, is so that I can read what malicious character assassination has been posted here behind my back, so I can deal with that and the craven arseholes who had such courage sniping at me in complete safety, knowing there was no way I could defend. I want wrongs made right and wrongdoers dealt with. Some of the things which even you have alleged against me are totally false and can only be sourced at what must be utter bullshit posted here behind closed doors.

That is a grave wrong, I am aggrieved and I strongly assert am entitled to the open opportunity to deal with asshattery of that kind.

You are assuming that it's all my judgement.
Gmods will be moving threads over to The Dungeon as well.
The above are my instructions to them.

Aussie - you will never be happy till you're the administrator will you?

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:56 am

Bobby wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:49 am
Aussie wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:43 am

(1) disgusting threads.

You are assuming that it's all my judgement.
Gmods will be moving threads over to The Dungeon as well.
The above are my instructions to them.

Aussie - you will never be happy till you're the administrator will you?
I will never be happy while there are attempts to hide and keep stuff from me...stuff which 'should not have been posted' about me, malicious gossip all designed to impugn my character.

Who are these GMods? Surely you understand that Members voted for a new broom, a new beginning to this place and leaving the old GMods in place defeats that purpose.

If Sappho is to be believed, Black Orchid will now be leaving the Forum anyway because you did the right thing, you did what you said you would do, by unbanning Monk.

I have no particular or specific issue with BigP, but I do have a problem with leaving BO in place especially when she abandoned ship, and did not even wait for her term to expire. I can see you might need her assistance with the software for a short period, but after that...she should join the plebs like me.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:05 am

Aussie wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:56 am

I will never be happy while there are attempts to hide and keep stuff from me...stuff which 'should not have been posted' about me, malicious gossip all designed to impugn my character.

Who are these GMods? Surely you understand that Members voted for a new broom, a new beginning to this place and leaving the old GMods in place defeats that purpose.

If Sappho is to be believed, Black Orchid will now be leaving the Forum anyway because you did the right thing, you did what you said you would do, by unbanning Monk.

I have no particular or specific issue with BigP, but I do have a problem with leaving BO in place especially when she abandoned ship, and did not even wait for her term to expire. I can see you might need her assistance with the software for a short period, but after that...she should join the plebs like me.

dear Aussie,
Hide something that IQ might have said about you 10 years ago?
That won't be hidden.
Some threads I've seen where you were criticised -
you were actually there posting in the same thread.
Aussie - you are sounding paranoid.

I don't know what BO and BigP are doing -
such things are not set in concrete because you want it to be that way.
For Gods' sake - I've only been the EL since Sunday and
I've only had the buttons for 2 days.
You are a very impatient man.
You also sound to me like you're carping on.
Check my rules about that:
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16270

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:00 pm

Is there a clause in the constitution re “carping” Bobby?

If you have a look I have contributed heaps here already so drop the threats about “carping!”

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:07 pm

Bobby wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:05 am
Aussie wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:56 am

dear Aussie,
Hide something that IQ might have said about you 10 years ago?
That won't be hidden.
Some threads I've seen where you were criticised -
you were actually there posting in the same thread.
Aussie - you are sounding paranoid.

I don't know what BO and BigP are doing -
such things are not set in concrete because you want it to be that way.
For Gods' sake - I've only been the EL since Sunday and
I've only had the buttons for 2 days.
You are a very impatient man.
You also sound to me like you're carping on.
Check my rules about that:
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16270
Oh...well I suppose I can always refer to what The Mole posted at Monk's Forum and see if that is to be found now...or if it is still hidden. That will be a nice way to audit what is happening now, to some extent.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:53 pm

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about you or your family here at PA.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:59 pm

Jovial Monk wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:00 pm
Is there a clause in the constitution re “carping” Bobby?

If you have a look I have contributed heaps here already so drop the threats about “carping!”

Not every rule is in the constitution. :roll: