Bikes for your Zodiac

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Jasin

Bikes for your Zodiac

Post by Jasin » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:31 pm

A bit silly, but kinda is fun.
Zodiac signs and their Bikes.
I'm a BMW K 1600 Sport Touring. Well, I wouldn't say no to that.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/lifestyle/tra ... 6#image=25

Sophia

Re: Bikes for your Zodiac

Post by Sophia » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:24 pm

Mine’s a Honda Ruckas (more like wreck arse :giggle)
Yeah don’t laugh… I did get my motorbike licence at age 19 and it’s still on my licence to this day!
I would hate to ride any bikes on roads today, traffic is horrendous, and many are not paying attention because they would rather glance at their phones.
In my youth, there wasn’t as much traffic but there wasn’t much awareness or respect for bike riders…
Sadly, about 8 years ago, a 20 year old 2nd cousin in Italy was riding his motorbike to work, an elderly couple in a fiat car decided to make a u turn and it was right in front him. He had died. So sad. An only child too. His mom died of a broken heart, then his grandma died soon after and the dad was all alone. His son, wife, mother, all gone.
When my daughter and I went to Italy in 2001 to meet them all… I have (and treasure) a photo of us all together.
Anyway, my son wanted a road bike and I insisted NO!
He asked me why not, dad has a Harley!
I said that’s different!
Anyway, I urged hubby to sell the Harley.
For the amount of few times he rode it in summer months only, and it cost just as much as a car to register and insurance too. Ridiculous prices.

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:51 pm

Such a sad story Sophia. :sad

Honda Ruckus - pretty 'quaint' ain't it? The whole thing's a bit fishy anyway. :P
I've never learned to ride motorbikes. I'm a pretty visual driver, but even motorbikes are hard to pick up in any direction. Just one second they move from one side of my car to the other.
In Sydney, many females now motorbike to work as parking is minimal, costs, time, etc. Even parking at their flats, units or townhouse in the city is minimal as well.

Sophia

Post by Sophia » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:04 pm

Yes it is a quaint motorbike! I kind of don’t mind it!

And yes, motor bikes are cheaper to run, park, etc and now I remembered, back in Italy, it was all small cars and mainly motor bikes, a lot of them in fact!
But giving the size of Italy as similar to Victoria, and 3 times the population of Australia, any wonder bikes are the way of youth to travel around.
In Melbourne, it’s mainly push bikes …. especially visitors from OS … it’s a way to travel from A-B on the cheap and no need for parking space.

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:07 pm

I think Italy's streets kinda compliment bikes, Vespers, etc - don't they?