Trump and Greenland

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
brian ross

Trump and Greenland

Post by brian ross » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:03 pm

It has been reported over the last day or so that el Presidente Trump wants the US to purchase Greenland from Denmark. However, Denmark and the Greenlanders have refused. It isn't the first time that the US has offered to buy Greenland, with the first offer dating back to 1868, under Secretary of State Seward who also contemplated purchasing Iceland. US again looked at buying Greenland in 1946 for $100Million. Denmark turned down the offer.

Trump is certifiably crazy. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Texan

Re: Trump and Greenland

Post by Texan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:49 pm

Would buying Greenland be bad for the US? Why is it crazy to consider it? Just because Denmark won’t sell doesn’t make it crazy for Trump to consider it.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:56 pm

Texan wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:49 pm
Would buying Greenland be bad for the US? Why is it crazy to consider it? Just because Denmark won’t sell doesn’t make it crazy for Trump to consider it.
You, like Trump are forgetting the third group in this pseudo-negotiation, Tex - the Greenlanders. The world today is a very different place compared to when the US purchased Alaska from Russia. The Greenlanders have a say and they have said, "NO!" To this attempt to purchase their land from Denmark.

I am also unsure if Trump actually wants this place for the US or he wants the place personally for himself. :roll:

Tell me, Tex, what do you think would be the reaction of all the Texans if another country decided it wanted to purchase Texas from the US?

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:30 am

brian ross wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:56 pm
Texan wrote:
You, like Trump are forgetting the third group in this pseudo-negotiation, Tex - the Greenlanders. The world today is a very different place compared to when the US purchased Alaska from Russia. The Greenlanders have a say and they have said, "NO!" To this attempt to purchase their land from Denmark.

I am also unsure if Trump actually wants this place for the US or he wants the place personally for himself. :roll:

Tell me, Tex, what do you think would be the reaction of all the Texans if another country decided it wanted to purchase Texas from the US?
I would laugh and go about my day. Who is big enough to buy Texas that America wouldn't be worried about someone hostile building up a military on the US border? Trump made a comment and solicited a reaction. He got his reaction, so he'll move on. There's no harm in trying.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:20 pm

Texan wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:30 am
brian ross wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:56 pm
Texan wrote:

I would laugh and go about my day. Who is big enough to buy Texas that America wouldn't be worried about someone hostile building up a military on the US border?
Well, we all know what happened the last time that was tried, right?

If they weren't interested in building a military base on the US's border, what would the reaction be from the Texans? Do you think they'd like Washington even entertaining the idea for a moment?
Trump made a comment and solicited a reaction. He got his reaction, so he'll move on. There's no harm in trying.
One wonders though, why he wondered and what was his purpose in asking? El Presidente' is meant to be a serious person. Indeed, Trump assures us continually that he is. Yet here we have him asking a silly question. One wonders about him. :roll:

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:37 pm

Wonder all you want. He’s not a professional politician and thinks outside the box. That’s why he was elected.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Texan wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:37 pm
Wonder all you want. He’s not a professional politician and thinks outside the box. That’s why he was elected.
He likes to project that image but is it realistic? I don't believe so.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:52 pm

The US has a massive Air Force Base there already so what if Trump offered to buy Greenland? They can say either yes or no. The things you Trumpophobes are offended by are just pathetic. :roll:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:33 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:52 pm
The US has a massive Air Force Base there already so what if Trump offered to buy Greenland? They can say either yes or no. The things you Trumpophobes are offended by are just pathetic. :roll:
Trumpophila sufferer. :roll:

I am not offended by what Trump says or does. What annoys me (and there is a difference between the two) is that Trumpophiles ignore all the idiot things he does and continue to proclaim him to the "Great White Hope" of Politics. He isn't. He is a fool - a smart fool it appears because I simply cannot believe anybody could be as stupid as el Presidente' Trump appears to be. :roll:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:46 pm

You hate Trump because he is different to you and has everything you never will. Tsk Tsk :roll: