More Jobs N Growth - In Korea

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Redneck

More Jobs N Growth - In Korea

Post by Redneck » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:33 pm

NSW inter-city train fleet to be built overseas
By state political reporter Sarah Gerathy

A $2.3 billion contract to build an inter-city train fleet for New South Wales has been awarded to a company offshore.

The new trains will run between Sydney and Newcastle, the Central Coast, South Coast and Blue Mountains.

The State Government has awarded the contract to the RailConnect Consortium, which will build 500 double-decker carriages in South Korea.

Transport Minister Andrew Constance has defended sending manufacturing offshore, saying the winning bid offered the best value for money.

"In this case the procurement stacks up, it's a 25 per cent saving by going with this consortium" Mr Constance said.

"If I didn't go with this winning bid you'd be criticising me the other way.

"Of course everyone is pro-Australian manufacturing and jobs but at the same time you've got to weigh it up, in terms of cost and in terms of technology."

Mr Constance said maintenance for the new train fleet would be done at a facility at Kangy Angy on the Central Coast, providing more than 200 local jobs for 15 years.

"There's Australian jobs associated with the bid because there's an Australian partner, UGL, as part of the consortium, so that means everybody wins," he said.

"In Victoria there is a minimum 50 per cent requirement for local rolling stock orders. Here in NSW, nothing," he said.

"The Baird Government is completely disinterested in supporting local manufacturing and local jobs.

"It's these sorts of decisions by governments that crush the hopes and dreams of young people living in regions like the Illawarra and the Hunter. This is a very heavy blow to jobs and manufacturing in NSW."

The carriages on the new trains will have charging stations for mobile devices at each seat, two-by-two seating arrangements and wider, more comfortable seats.

The first new trains will hit the tracks in 2019, with the rollout expected to take three years.

The RailConnect Consortium is a joint venture between the Hyundai Rotem Company, Mitsubishi Electric Australia and UGL Rail.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-18/n ... as/7762036

IQS.RLOW

Re: More Jobs N Growth - In Korea

Post by IQS.RLOW » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:46 pm

Thank the unions for making Australian jobs un-competitive in a world market plus they wouldnt be able to be delivered on time in a union environment.

Typical though...Unions cant see the forest through the trees.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:05 pm

IQS.RLOW wrote:Thank the unions for making Australian jobs un-competitive in a world market plus they wouldnt be able to be delivered on time in a union environment.

I am guessing you would be happy to work for Gina on $10 per hour?

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Redneck wrote:
IQS.RLOW wrote:Thank the unions for making Australian jobs un-competitive in a world market plus they wouldnt be able to be delivered on time in a union environment.

Don't be ridiculous.

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:01 pm

Redneck wrote:

I make stuff Gina uses and make bank.

I have plenty of mates that work on Hancocks mines and they make bank.

Not a dirty fucking union rep insight.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Meanwhile in Kweensland .. Annastasia Palayzuk (forget spelling) and Co costed some big rail project with tunnels ect (think it was something like $500 billion) that didn't include trains. The incompetence of Hand-bag hit squad 2 is astounding.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?