Why the world is rooted.

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Neferti

Re: Why the world is rooted.

Post by Neferti » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:37 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:23 pm
I would prefer not to have my kids doing mandatory time in the armed forces just to compensate for pansies and parents who can't parent because there will never be a period of 'peacetime' again which means they could be sent to the ME.

One of mine always wanted to join the Army and I hope that notion has passed.
I was talking about what used to happen in the 60s. Back in the day when a Policeman was somebody you could trust and you could walk to school as a 6 year old without a parent worrying if you would get there.

OK so that time has passed. Life moves on. One day a week for Year 10-12 year olds to learn DISCIPLINE, would that not teach them something about LIFE?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Yes it has all changed and if there was no chance of them being sent to the ME I would be all for it but alas ...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:37 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:23 pm
I would prefer not to have my kids doing mandatory time in the armed forces just to compensate for pansies and parents who can't parent because there will never be a period of 'peacetime' again which means they could be sent to the ME.

One of mine always wanted to join the Army and I hope that notion has passed.
I was talking about what used to happen in the 60s. Back in the day when a Policeman was somebody you could trust and you could walk to school as a 6 year old without a parent worrying if you would get there.

OK so that time has passed. Life moves on. One day a week for Year 10-12 year olds to learn DISCIPLINE, would that not teach them something about LIFE?
Again, isn't that just another case of the whole having to do something because the few have no resilience and/or socials skills due to the shortcomings of the parents?

Unless they are military minded I doubt high school girls would be thrilled about it.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:14 pm

I did Girl Guides and as a teenager was a Lieutenant. Camping on weekends minus a shower and keeping beret on so your head was itchy. Going to "trenches" instead of toilets and bathing in a "tub" with everybody watching? Snakes and spiders everywhere. Pre-teens everywhere and some were real brats. I recall the last "camp" when the GG Leader actually bought along a bottle of BRANDY so we all had a nightcap. :rofl

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:14 pm
I did Girl Guides and as a teenager was a Lieutenant. Camping on weekends minus a shower and keeping beret on so your head was itchy. Going to "trenches" instead of toilets and bathing in a "tub" with everybody watching? Snakes and spiders everywhere. Pre-teens everywhere and some were real brats. I recall the last "camp" when the GG Leader actually bought along a bottle of BRANDY so we all had a nightcap. :rofl
But now its not Girl Guides and Boy Scouts...its now called Scouts Australia....
boys and girls all together....pft...now Im being mischievous...see the thread title.....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:22 pm

A hot air balloon will not fly at this year’s Canberra Balloon Spectacular because it’s been deemed as racist by event organisers.

The event is part of the city’s Enlighten Festival and runs for eight days allowing residents to watch from the ground or book a ride in a balloon themselves.

The ACT Government, which is in charge of the eight-day festival, told Yahoo7 in a statement the Black Magic balloon, nicknamed “Golly”, will not be permitted to fly at the festival “or any future events”.

The balloon’s owner Kay Turnbull, of Lane Cove in Sydney, told Yahoo7 she’s devastated.

“I’ve been flying in the festival since 1985 and flown Black Magic in it since 1996,” Ms Turnbull said.

“’Magic’ is part of the names of our balloons. We used to have a yellow and green one called ‘Aussie Magic’.”Ms Turnbull said Black Magic was created in 1996 after her son wanted a black balloon. She refers to it by this name and not “Golly”.

“I told him, ‘that’s pretty boring’ so we put eyes and a smile on it. It was never an intention to offend anybody and certainly not to offend Indigenous Australians or the Sudanese community.

“I’ve never even received a complain about it.”

Director of events for the festival Jo Verden said “progressing reconciliation between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and the broader Canberra community is a key priority for the ACT Government”.

“The use of words and/or visual depictions that may be considered racist and offensive by many in our community, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Canberrans, is not supported,” she said.

“We are the first jurisdiction in Australia to celebrate our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and community with a Reconciliation Day public holiday and we are committed to ensuring all our events are inclusive and welcoming for all.”

Political correctness gone mad...it just doesnt stop....ironic that the balloons owners name is Turnbull...
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:25 pm

I was reading something tonight about racist dark chocolate Easter eggs taken off shelves. :roll:

If dark chocolate is hijacked by the idiot SJWs and the only chocolate we have in future is white chocolate (which isn't technically chocolate at all) I won't ever be buying it again.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:25 pm
I was reading something tonight about racist dark chocolate Easter eggs taken off shelves. :roll:

If dark chocolate is hijacked by the idiot SJWs and the only chocolate we have in future is white chocolate (which isn't technically chocolate at all) I won't ever be buying it again.
Id be offended if there was only white chocolate...how do I organize a protest march....
I believe someone objected to the word "ugly" being used to describe one of the chocolate bunnies..therefore
had to be withdrawn from stock so as she wasnt offended again....rooted world...totally rooted.....

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:59 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:25 pm

A story from over 20 years ago:
A teacher at a primary school told me that all books
in their library with Golliwogs in them were removed and burnt in the school incinerator.
It was by orders from the education Dept.
The kids loved those books.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:01 pm

I guess that was when Noddy got a makeover. I still have my baby Noddy books. One day they will be worth a fortune.