The reality of a lack of gun control...

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Nicole

Re: The reality of a lack of gun control...

Post by Nicole » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:33 pm

My boy wants to do a gap year. I’m not a fan but it’s his life and I won’t tell him what to do.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:42 pm

He sounds sensible so it couldn't be a bad thing right? (and I am not meaning overseas)

I've seen too many boys rush into something they thought was their true vocation only to hate it early on in the piece, leave and then fluff around for way too long.

If he takes his time to figure out what he really wants and then sticks to it he should do well.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:48 pm

Yeah you could have a point. I guess the universe will unfold as it should.

On Children
Kahlil Gibran

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:44 pm

Mistress Nicole wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:59 pm
brian ross wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:57 pm
Mistress Nicole wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:52 pm
Brian, that class chip on your shoulder is showing again :roll:

Tough, "Nicole". You aspire to lord it over the majority of Australians. You are an Elitist. :roll:
Lol. Brian you are so far off the mark it’s laughable.
So you claim. So you claim, yet your actions betray you, "Nicole". You decided to put your child through a private school, rather than a public one because you disagreed with the what he would be taught. You wanted him to be like yourself - as you prefer to see yourself. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:46 pm

Mistress Nicole wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:33 pm
My boy wants to do a gap year. I’m not a fan but it’s his life and I won’t tell him what to do.
Except you told him what school to attend...

He will be far better off in the military, where he will encounter people from all walks of life and have to fit in, rather than being told not to. As the old saying said, "It will make a man of him!"
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:37 am

brian ross wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:42 pm
FLEKTARN wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:57 am
brian ross wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 4:10 pm
FLEKTARN wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:06 pm
brian ross wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:20 pm
That's a real comparison all right - primary school classrooms with upper high school classrooms, yeah, that'll really work out OK. Flektarn, you're full of bullshit, you realise that? :roll:
It's the same. I can post middle-middle, or high-high. :thumb
And yet you don't, do you? :roll:
Bulgaria

Better, Flektarn, better. Your learning to compare like with like, rather than comparing Apples and Oranges. Keep the good work up Padawan. :lol:

So, now, why does this picture pop up in Google when I type in "Bulgaria High School classroom," Flektarn? Looks rather like a Western class to me:

Seems Bulgaria is not as far behind the norm as you appear to believe... :roll:

Can't you see it's half a class? Our classes are usually consisted of 27 to 30 boys and girls. Do the math, Brinny.

You can also clearly see they're sitting on a double desks. That don't ring any bells? Post me the article, I will check out what's the school and the location, as in which city, and what the class.

In my computer elective in 4th grade, we didn't have the numbers so we sat just like that, one computer for each of us, better than one computer for two of us. But we only have double desks. And it's the same in Germany by the way.
Last edited by FLEKTARN on Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:47 am

Mistress Nicole wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:50 pm
So now you’re telling a Bulgarian what bulgaria is oris not? :b

Your arrogance has no bounds.
Of course Brian knows best. He’s been everywhere. The fact that he spends most of his time in Europe is important to mention. The fact that I lived in Russia, Bulgaria, Germany and still live here is also irrelevant to him :bgrin
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:57 am

OK, I've reverse-searched the photo Brian posted, and of course it was going to be cheap propaganda Ossi-style.

Posting you the whole article with his photo,
and it's in English so you can read it too well:
https://www.novinite.com/articles/19724 ... Literature

52 650 students have submitted applications for Bulgarian language and literature state exam, which is held today, the press center of the Ministry of Education and Science announced.

On Bulgarian exit exams, also called матура, or also зрелостен изпит - it is mandatory everyone sits alone, understandably why - not to copy each other and just cheat.

Here's another photo from an exit/state exam in Bulgaria, and you can clearly see they're sitting like soldiers and in a very specific way, only sitting on the right side of the desks.

Now here's another interesting article with some of the rules:
https://www.dnes.bg/obrazovanie/2018/02 ... aia.366880

Минимум 13 и не повече от 15 зрелостници трябва да има в класна стая при провеждането на матурите за зрелостниците и националното външно оценяване (НВО) след 7-и клас през май. Това става ясно от указания, спуснати от Регионалното управление по образованието (РУО) до столичните директори.

Or also translated, that would mean that a minimum of 13 and no more than 15 students must be in a classroom for the exit exams - by order of the Regional Education Authority (РУО).

Enjoy being the stupid puppy, once again.

cods

Post by cods » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:59 am

has anyone noticed there has been another mass shooting in America...

Virginia Beach.... 12 maybe 13 shot dead....

yet there is almost nothing on the news....I wonder why are we really getting that complacent....about mass shooting in Amerika?...

I cant believe anyone thinks this is normal..and acceptable its insanity.

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:18 am

cods wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:59 am
has anyone noticed there has been another mass shooting in America...

Virginia Beach.... 12 maybe 13 shot dead....

yet there is almost nothing on the news....I wonder why are we really getting that complacent....about mass shooting in Amerika?...

I cant believe anyone thinks this is normal..and acceptable its insanity.

No, I heard about a Colorado shooting a month ago, but Virginia Beach? No, that definitely did not make the news here. Never heard about it.