US and Iran

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

US and Iran

Post by Black Orchid » Mon May 06, 2019 2:07 pm

A U.S. defense official says the deployments of an aircraft carrier strike group and land-based bombers to the Middle East are in response to indications that Iran and its proxy forces were preparing to possibly attack U.S. forces in the region.

The defense official tells The Associated Press that the Pentagon approved the deployments of the USS Abraham Lincoln and its strike group of ships and combat aircraft.

The official says U.S. forces at sea and on land were thought to be the potential targets. The official wasn’t authorized to discuss the matter publicly and requested anonymity.

A White House statement says the military resources were deployed to send a message to Iran that “unrelenting force” will meet any attack on U.S. interests or those of its allies.
A White House statement about deploying additional military resources to send a message to Iran suggests those resources are headed to the Mideast.

White House national security adviser John Bolton said Sunday that the U.S. is deploying the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group and a bomber task force to the U.S. Central Command region.

The Abraham Lincoln and its strike group of ships and combat aircraft have been operating in the Mediterranean Sea recently.

Bolton’s reference to the Central Command area would mean the Lincoln is headed east to the Red Sea and perhaps then to the Arabian Sea or the Persian Gulf. The U.S. Navy currently has no aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf.

Bolton’s statement suggests land-based bomber aircraft are being deployed somewhere in the region, perhaps on the Arabian Peninsula.
He says the U.S. isn’t looking to go to war with Iran but that it’s fully prepared to respond to any attack.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... ededbfe4e1

brian ross

Re: US and Iran

Post by brian ross » Mon May 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Why am I reminded of what happened with Iran Air Flight 655?

Typical American over-reaction to what was occurring at the time. "Hey, that must be an Iranian fighter jet! Shoot it down!" Despite it being a commercial aircraft, flying along a commercial air corridor. Tsk, tsk. :roll: :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Tue May 07, 2019 5:05 pm

Yeah, oops, wrong plane tee hee.

But at least it was an accident.

Muzzos blow everyone up every chance they get.

Especially young children, like the piece of filth that attacked a CHILDRENS CONCERT.

Islam......the CULT OF DEATH
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu May 16, 2019 11:53 pm

Washington has ordered the departure of "non-emergency employees" from Iraq, and the commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guards warned of a possible "full-scale confrontation", as tensions between the US and Iran continue to rise.

The US State Department said employees at both the US embassy in Baghdad and its consulate in Erbil, capital of the semi-autonomous Kurdish region, were being pulled out immediately due to safety concerns.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-16/ ... n/11118048

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri May 17, 2019 12:19 am

I already have a thread on it
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16364&start=30
it's a worry.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri May 17, 2019 9:44 am

Bobby wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:19 am
it's a worry.
My thread came first check the dates :lol:

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Fri May 17, 2019 9:48 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:44 am
Bobby wrote:
it's a worry.
Not a communist are you BO?

Booby is finding them everywhere! :rofl

Texan

Post by Texan » Fri May 17, 2019 10:00 am

I'd much rather see Trump squelch Iranian aggression with posturing before it happens than respond in kind after Iran sinks a civilian ship.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri May 17, 2019 10:24 am

Texan wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:00 am
I'd much rather see Trump squelch Iranian aggression with posturing before it happens than respond in kind after Iran sinks a civilian ship.
Most normal thinking people would.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri May 17, 2019 10:31 am

Redneck wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:48 am
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:44 am
Bobby wrote:
it's a worry.
Not a communist are you BO?

Booby is finding them everywhere! :rofl
Nah, afraid not Red.

When my parents were first married dad showed mum how to vote. So they go to their different ballot boxes and fill out the papers. All good.

Then afterwards it came out that mum didn't do as advised and actually voted for someone she felt sorry for. Before they went in people were swarmed around those giving out the how to vote cards outside except there was one poor guy who had no-one around him. Mum thought he looked sad and alone and felt sorry for him so she voted for him.

Turned out to be the local commie :lol:

Dad almost swallowed his tongue when he found out.