Trump starts his bid for 2020

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

Re: Trump starts his bid for 2020

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:18 pm

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:20 pm

Trump's 4th July speech which was trashed by our leftist biased media as 'divisive'. :roll:

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:25 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:20 pm
Trump's 4th July speech which was trashed by our leftist biased media as 'divisive'. :roll:

It is of concern how the 'mainstream' media can say 'Trump is XYZ' ....... and people believe it.

Those this listen to him, have an entirely different idea.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:44 pm

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:36 pm

............ I casually said that I was thinking about going over to the Trump rally. The first reaction they had was a genuine fear for my safety. I had never seen people I didn’t know so passionately urge me to avoid all those people. One woman told me that those people were the lowest of the low. Another man told me that he had gone to one of Trump’s rallies in the past and had been the target of harassment by large muscle-bound men. Another woman offered me her pepper spray. I assured them all that I thought I would be fine and that I would get the heck out of dodge if I got nervous.
What they didn’t know is that they weren’t the only ones I had heard from who were afraid. Some of my more right-leaning friends online expressed genuine fear at my going, but not because they were afraid of the attendees. They were afraid of people on the left violently attacking attendees. This was one day after a man had run his car through a Republican voter registration tent in Florida, and there was a genuine fear that there would be a repeat, or that antifa would bus people up from Boston for it. Just as I had assured those on the left, I told them I thought I would be fine, because we don’t really have antifa in New Hampshire.
But I’m not going to say it didn’t get to me a bit. When everyone around you is nervous for your safety, it’s hard not to question if they have a point. But it also made me more determined to see it through, because it was a stark reminder that both sides view each other exactly the same way. They are both afraid of the other side and what they are capable of. I couldn’t help but think that if they could just see the world through the lens of the other for a moment or two, it would be a stark revelation that they don’t know as much as they think they do.
It was so different than any other political event I had ever attended. Even the energy around Barack Obama in 2008 didn’t feel like this.
So, I headed over an hour and a half before the doors were scheduled to open—which was four hours before Trump was set to take the stage—and the line already stretched a mile away from the entrance to the arena. As I waited, I chatted with the folks around me. And contrary to all the fears expressed, they were so nice. I was not harassed or intimidated, and I was never in fear of my safety even for a moment. These were average, everyday people. They were veterans, schoolteachers, and small business owners who had come from all over the place for the thrill of attending this rally. They were upbeat and excited. In chatting, I even let it slip that I was a Democrat. The reaction: “Good for you! Welcome!”
Once we got inside, the atmosphere was jubilant. It was more like attending a rock concert than a political rally. People were genuinely enjoying themselves. Some were even dancing to music being played over the loudspeakers. It was so different than any other political event I had ever attended. Even the energy around Barack Obama in 2008 didn’t feel like this.
I had attended an event with all the Democratic contenders just two days prior in exactly the same arena, and the contrast was stark. First, Trump completely filled the arena all the way up to the top. Even with every major Democratic candidate in attendance the other night, and the campaigns giving away free tickets, the Democrats did not do that. With Trump, every single person was unified around a singular goal. With the Democrats, the audience booed over candidates they didn’t like and got into literal shouting matches with each other. With Trump, there was a genuinely optimistic view of the future. With the Democrats, it was doom and gloom. With Trump, there was a genuine feeling of pride of being an American. With the Democrats, they emphasized that the country was a racist place from top to bottom.

Now, Trump is always going to present the best case he can. And yes, he lies. This is provable. But the strength of this rally wasn’t about the facts and figures. It was a group of people who felt like they had someone in their corner, who would fight for them. Some people say, “Well, obviously they’re having a great time. They’re in a cult.” I don’t think that’s true. The reality is that many people I spoke to do disagree with Trump on things. They don’t always like his attitude. They wish he wouldn’t tweet so much. People who are in cults don’t question their leaders. The people I spoke with did, but the pros in their eyes far outweighed the cons. They don’t love him because they think he’s perfect. They love him despite his flaws, because they believe he has their back. .........

https://gen.medium.com/ive-been-a-democ ... 9ddaaf6d07

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:17 am

The Trump rally would be fun. It's dealing with the rif raf "protesting" outside that I don't like. And I can't go armed and expect to get into the event with the president. I'm not even sure I could take a pocket knife.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:24 pm

Listen to network or cable news and you will hear that the November election is over. Joe Biden has a growing double-digit lead over President Trump, despite the election being over three months away and the issues that may decide the election largely unknown at present.

What do the polls say? Biden’s campaign manager, also known as CNN, has their “poll of polls” described as, “the five most recent national telephone polls measuring the view of registered voters.” Considering that only 58 percent of eligible voters went to the polls in 2016, CNN’s “poll of polls” may not be particularly representative of the electorate.

CNN’s headline screams déjà vu, “Biden maintains a double-digit lead over Trump nationally.” That’s it then, the election is over. Trump supporters may as well pack it up and stay home. At least that is what they want you to believe.

Four years ago, the media was singing the same tune. On June 26, 2016, Time reported, “Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton holds a double-digit lead over presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump.” How did that turn out?

To Clinton’s credit, despite her falls, bizarre facial tics, needing to be carried into a van, and overall unlikability, she was generally coherent. Unlike Biden who can’t get through a scripted interview without saying something incoherent, as he recently claimed his campaign attorneys are reaching out to “voter registration physicians.”

Perhaps he was referring to the next Nolan Ryan, baseball pitcher Dr Fauci, who through his ever-changing recommendations is seeking to influence the election in a way Russia could only dream of.

Let’s look at CNN’s gaggle of polls. The Washington Post – ABC News poll sampled 1,000 adults. Not likely voters, not registered voters, not even eligible voters, just whoever answered the phone. They also oversampled Democrats by 6 percentage points and their sample contained 399 Trump supporters compared to 522 Biden supporters, over a 25 percent advantage for Biden.

It’s no wonder their survey found Biden favored over Trump 54 to 39 percent, reflecting the sample. Is this designed to inform or influence the electorate?

The Quinnipiac University poll of registered voters, oversampled Democrats by 10 points, 34 to 24 percent. Their poll favored Biden over Trump 52 to 37 percent, a 15-point margin, two-thirds of which is negated by the skewed poll sample.

The Fox News poll oversampled Democrats by 4 points with Biden winning by an 8-point margin. Despite the voting preference for Biden, the poll was split evenly on whether Trump would be re-elected.

Are there “secret Trump voters,” a discrepancy between who voters favor and who they think will win? A recent Monmouth University poll illustrated this phenomenon. Voters favored Biden over Trump 53 to 40 percent but were evenly split on who they thought would actually win the election, Trump over Biden by 46 to 45 percent.

This is like asking a sports fan who they want to win the game versus who they think will win. The latter question provides the more accurate prediction.

The Just the News Daily Poll might give Biden some concern. Trump cut Biden’s lead in half and gained 13 points among independents since last month, the group that may ultimately decide the election.

One of the most accurate polls in 2016, Rasmussen Reports, showed Biden this week with only a two point advantage over Trump, 47 to 45 percent, among likely voters, even with a 4-point Democrat oversampling. If the sample was equally balanced between Democrats and Republicans, Trump might have a 2-point advantage.

What about these “secret voters”? Might they portend a Trump landslide? The Cato Institute’s poll revealed,

62 percent of Americans say they have political views they’re afraid to share.

These fears cross partisan lines. Majorities of Democrats (52%), independents (59%) and Republicans (77%) all agree they have political opinions they are afraid to share.

Strong liberals stand out, however, as the only political group who feel they can express themselves.

This is the “silent majority” which Trump tweeted is “alive and well.” Which group would be afraid to speak out, Trump supporters or detractors?

Trump-bashing is the norm in virtually all news media, on social media, academia, Hollywood, professional sports, and corporate America. Share your political views and get cancelled, but only if your views are conservative or politically incorrect, the views of most Trump voters.

Here is a list of those suffering the wrath of the modern thought police, cancelled due to old opinions or saying something verboten like “all lives matter.” Liberals are the only ones free to say what they really think, without consequence, as the Cato survey confirms.

Wearing a MAGA hat may get you beat up. A Trump bumper sticker may get your car keyed. A Bernie sticker will only get a laugh, not destruction. It’s likely that the 62 percent afraid to speak out are predominantly Trump supporters, else why would they be afraid to share their views, with friends, coworkers, or pollsters. Is this group the silent majority, including self-described Democrats secretly supporting Trump?

If a majority of Democrats are afraid to speak out. Is this because they are uncomfortable supporting the radical leftist Democrat agenda among friends and family or are they disgusted by it, now favoring Trump, and unwilling to go public with their great awakening? How many Democrats and Independents make up this “silent majority” who may vote for Trump, but are afraid to share their views?

As most know, sharing pro Trump views in a group setting may lead to being attacked, at least verbally from those who disagree. Sharing far left views will only receive an awkward silence or at worst an eyeroll, but nothing more. Guess which group is afraid to share their views, and likely their votes? Answer – conservative and Trump supporters.

Two last bits of good news for Trump. The Rasmussen Daily Presidential Tracking Poll on June 24 gives Trump 49 percent total approval compared to Obama at 48 percent exactly four years ago. Obama won re-election easily against Mitt Romney, a far more formidable candidate compared to Dementia Joe.

The internals of Rasmussen’s poll are horrific for Democrats. 31 percent of black likely voters approve of Trump. In 2016, Trump won only 6 percent of the black vote. If he won 15 or 20 percent in November, only half this approval number, this becomes landslide territory.

If Democrats and the media truly believed Biden was on track to win easily, they would not be pushing for mail in ballots or against voter ID. A large Biden poll lead now allows the left to prepare the narrative of electoral fraud since how else could Trump win against such a big lead.

If Democrats retain the House, expect another impeachment based on Trump somehow rigging the election to go from a Biden double digit lead now to a Trump landslide in November.

These polls are not meant to inform the electorate but to dispirit Trump supporters in the hopes that they throw in the towel and tune out from the election and voting. Such information warfare didn’t work in 2016 and won’t work in 2020. Instead we might see a Trump landslide.

https://richardsonpost.com/brian-c-joon ... okBBo35x-E

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:25 pm

Fauci (Falsie) demonstrating social distancing and mask usage! :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:15 pm

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:56 pm

The Trump administration on Tuesday announced more than $35 million in Justice Department grants to organizations that provide safe housing for victims of human trafficking.

Attorney General William Barr and presidential adviser Ivanka Trump announced the awards at a White House event attended by human trafficking victims and organizations that serve them.

Barr called human trafficking an “evil scourge,” and he thanked President Donald Trump and his daughter Ivanka for working to end human trafficking and help survivors. Beyond the financial support, Barr said his department will do everything possible to “investigate, prosecute and punish” traffickers.

Ivanka Trump called human trafficking the “gravest of human rights violations.” She said the event was a “celebration” of the work by the administration and the participants to confront trafficking, as well as an opportunity to hear victims tell their personal stories.

Later in the program, Barr became emotional and partly covered his face with a hand as those stories were being told.

The $35 million in Housing Assistance Grants for Victims of Human Trafficking is being provided by the Office for Victims of Crime within the Justice Department’s Office of Justice Programs to provide housing and services to human trafficking survivors.

The grants will be shared by 73 organizations in 33 states to provide anywhere from six to 24 months of transitional or short-term housing assistance to survivors, including to pay rent, utilities or related expenses, such as a security deposit, the White House said.

The money can also be used to help victims find permanent housing, get a job and receive occupational training and counseling.

Ivanka Trump said the coronavirus pandemic has made safe and supportive housing for survivors more important than ever. She said many survivors had to live with their traffickers during stay-at-home orders around the country.

Among organizations sharing the grants are Camillus House Inc. in Miami, Alternatives for Girls in Detroit and the Jordan Community Resource Center in Shaker Heights, Ohio.

President Trump has sought to elevate the fight against human trafficking since taking office. In January, he appointed a special adviser for the issue.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/ ... icking-vi/