billy the kid

Re: The Left Wing - World Wide

Post by billy the kid » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:17 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:03 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:53 pm
$1.02 per litre on GC a few days ago...
That's still more than $4 a gallon though, which would be considered pretty expensive in the U.S.

We were generally paying around $2.30 to $2.50 a gallon before the big price plummet.
The problem in Australia is that we have incompetent politicians, and have had them for decades.
We shut down all our oil refineries and even though we have oil fields in Western Australia yet to be
tapped with billions of barrels of oil which could be brought up, no company will bite the bullet
and start mining....
The Government tells us that its not viable for oil companies to bring it up and its not viable for
oil refineries to be refurbished to cope with the increase production.
Instead, the Government allows oil companies to price gouge, and they have been for decades.
The government insists that there is nothing that they can do about it.
We all complain, an inquiry was conducted to no avail, and we continue to get ripped off.
Each litre of petrol which we buy for say $1.50 includes about a dollar in taxes and excise duties.
We have a daily price cycle where everyone is told to buy at the bottom of the cycle..but that cycle
is doctored by individual petrol stations to suit themselves....
Petrol at one station will cost $1.50 a litre and around the corner its $1.70....
We pay GST of 10% on petrol, but after the petrol excise is added..so we pay a tax on a tax...
We are told that our prices are tied to OPEC prices, but the oil companies simply charge
what they feel like anyway...price movement up is always quick and slow to go down...
We are ripped off left right and centre in Australia....nothing changes.....petrol is just one example....
I will stand corrected if anything Ive hurriedly typed is incorrect....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:25 pm

The NRMA said on the news the other night there is no excuse for the prices we are paying at present because petrol is wholesaling at 60 cents.

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:28 am

billy the kid wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:17 pm
The4thEstate wrote:
billy the kid wrote:
That's still more than $4 a gallon though, which would be considered pretty expensive in the U.S.

We were generally paying around $2.30 to $2.50 a gallon before the big price plummet.
The problem in Australia is that we have incompetent politicians, and have had them for decades.
We shut down all our oil refineries and even though we have oil fields in Western Australia yet to be
tapped with billions of barrels of oil which could be brought up, no company will bite the bullet
and start mining....
The Government tells us that its not viable for oil companies to bring it up and its not viable for
Instead, the Government allows oil companies to price gouge, and they have been for decades.
We all complain, an inquiry was conducted to no avail, and we continue to get ripped off.
Each litre of petrol which we buy for say $1.50 includes about a dollar in taxes and excise duties.
We have a daily price cycle where everyone is told to buy at the bottom of the cycle..but that cycle
Petrol at one station will cost $1.50 a litre and around the corner its $1.70....
We pay GST of 10% on petrol, but after the petrol excise is added..so we pay a tax on a tax...
We are told that our prices are tied to OPEC prices, but the oil companies simply charge
what they feel like anyway...price movement up is always quick and slow to go down...
We are ripped off left right and centre in Australia....nothing changes.....petrol is just one example....
Sounds about right.

Lots of governments are either cashing in on their country's limited gasoline supplies or creating artificial shortages by kowtowing to the climate change left.

I'd be less skeptical about climate change if the people who claim it's a global emergency stopped flying on private planes and canceled international conferences like the famous one in Paris. I mean, teleconferencing is possible nowadays, but of course that's not as much fun as taking junkets to cool foreign capitals and throwing money around.
https://www.wired.com/2015/11/the-paris ... -worth-it/

Makes me wonder how much more Australia and Australians could prosper if their country started exploring their own oil reserves. That's how Trump made the U.S. a net oil exporter for the first time in 75 years -- he cut through the government red tape and climate B.S. and ordered the completion of the Keystone XL Pipeline and other energy-independence initiatives.

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:54 am

The4thEstate wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:28 am
billy the kid wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:17 pm
The4thEstate wrote:
billy the kid wrote:

and start mining....
Sounds about right.

Lots of governments are either cashing in on their country's limited gasoline supplies or creating artificial shortages by kowtowing to the climate change left.

I'd be less skeptical about climate change if the people who claim it's a global emergency stopped flying on private planes and canceled international conferences like the famous one in Paris. I mean, teleconferencing is possible nowadays, but of course that's not as much fun as taking junkets to cool foreign capitals and throwing money around.

Makes me wonder how much more Australia and Australians could prosper if their country started exploring their own oil reserves. That's how Trump made the U.S. a net oil exporter for the first time in 75 years -- he cut through the government red tape and climate B.S. and ordered the completion of the Keystone XL Pipeline and other energy-independence initiatives.
That's the American in you talking. I agree. Australia should take care of themselves first and not let the left steer their policies to benefit the World at their expense.

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:19 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:28 am

Texan wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:54 am
That's the American in you talking. I agree. Australia should take care of themselves first and not let the left steer their policies to benefit the World at their expense.
Yep, that's the American in me talking, all right. Having lived through many years of OPEC nations making the United States dance to their tune, I savor the new energy independence achieved under Trump.

Of course, it couldn't have happened under Obama, who was so beholden to the international climate change racket that his administration would slow-walk environmental studies, effectively putting projects like the Keystone XL Pipeline on perpetual hold -- which, of course, was by design.

What's really mind-boggling to me is that by limiting oil exploration, Australia and other Western nations are doing less to save the planet than to elevate the economy of China (which isn't required to do anything for 15 years under the Paris accord) and major oil exporters like Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:31 pm

Our grubberment, the entire box and dice, are corrupt to the very core.

From the local sheriff who has the power to walk into you home and literally steal from you,

To the local counsellor who takes a bribe to allow illegal building to go on,

To the crooked inspectors, crooked cops, crooked tax officials and all the way to the senior public servants and politicians who take huge bribes to allow our country to be raped, pillaged and sold to the highest bribes.

We are beyond help.
The corruption is far too deep and ingrained in the PUBLIC SERVE US to ever be cleansed.

There is only two possible solutions.
1, a revolution, highly improbable as we have thrown away our rights, our ability to protect ourselves and given total control to the corrupt grubberment.

2, to leave the country for a more sane and less corrupt grubberment.
But these are so few, and destined to being taken over and destroyed by the world of corrupt grubberments everywhere.

There is one other remote possibility for the saving of human kind.
A pandemic or conflict of sufficient extremes that the current world power is destroyed and we have to begin again.
Unfortunately, the human kind is full of disgusting creatures who will prey on the weak and do whatever they have to, what ever they have the power to, to have power in any form.

The earth is beyond saving from humans, we are flawed.
A failure.
Like the dinosaurs we have reached the end of our time.
It's time for mankind to step down and let another, more moral, more just, more real life form to take over.

This virus may not succeed this time.
But it's only a trial.
The next will be better, more effective, more total.
And once one country uses it, so will all the others.

The end is coming.

And it's about time.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:11 pm

Weren't you always an advocate of China as an example of great government? 8-)

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:08 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:11 pm
Weren't you always an advocate of China as an example of great government? 8-)
I have never advocated the communist Chinese grubberment as any example of good governance.

I have stated, truthfully, that the Chinese people have more freedom than we have in Australia, providing they do the right thing.
Do the wrong thing in China, and you are hounded down and seriously punished, sometimes terminally.
Crime is Truely punished in China, unlike Australia who's legal system seem to prostrate themselves to criminals.

However, true communism isn't a bad thing, but there is nowhere on earth that true, full and honest communism is practiced.

Is there a good grubberment?
Finland has a pretty good system, it's fair, reasonably honest and looks after it's people pretty well.
It's taxes are very high.
But you don't waste money on useless, corrupt and worthless health funds, all medical needs are 100% covered.
As is education, you can go as far as your ability allows, no very very expensive grubberment profit scheme.

The only way to control politicians and senior public servants is to have each one with a pair of pliers on their balls.
Other than that, and especially in Australia, they are uncontrolled criminals.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:39 am

$1.46/gallon today. Russia and OPEC are trying to force our domestic production out of business.