North Korea Blows up Liaison Office

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

North Korea Blows up Liaison Office

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:26 pm

SEOUL, June 16 — North Korea blew up an inter-Korean liaison office on its side of the border today, the South’s Unification ministry said, after days of increasingly virulent rhetoric from Pyongyang.

“North Korea blows up Kaesong Liaison Office at 14:49,” the ministry, which handles inter-Korean relations, said in a one-line alert sent to reporters.

The statement came minutes after an explosion was heard and smoke seen rising from the long-shuttered joint industrial zone in Kaesong where the liaison office was set up less than two years ago, Yonhap news agency reported citing unspecified sources.

Its destruction came after Kim Yo-jong, the powerful sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, said at the weekend: “Before long, a tragic scene of the useless north-south joint liaison office completely collapsed would be seen.

”Analysts say Pyongyang may be seeking to manufacture a crisis to increase pressure on Seoul while nuclear negotiations with Washington are at a standstill.
https://www.malaymail.com/news/world/20 ... ce/1875963
Last week, North Korea cut off all communication with the South, including a hotline between Kim and Mr Moon.

And over the weekend Kim’s sister, Kim Yo-Jong, specifically threatened to destroy the liaison office, calling it “useless” and promising a “tragic scene”.

“Exercising my power authorised by the supreme leader, our party and the state, I gave an order to the arms of the department in charge of the affairs with (the) enemy to decisively carry out the next action,” she said in a statement broadcast by North Korea’s state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).

“Before long, a tragic scene of the useless North-South joint liaison office completely collapsed would be seen.”

Her statement ended with the rather ominous warning that “rubbish must be thrown into the dustbin”.

RELATED: Kim Jong-un’s sister threatens military action

RELATED: Kim Jo-Yong becoming a major power player

North and South Korea are separated by a demilitarised zone (DMZ) - a buffer of land about 4 kilometres wide. Within it is the Joint Security Area, where diplomatic meetings between the two countries take place.
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-kor ... ea8275267

This is a symbolically important building and a very aggressive move.

Where's fat boy? Is his sister starting to flex her muscles?

Texan

Re: North Korea Blows up Liaison Office

Post by Texan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:32 pm

I think fat boy had a stroke or was poisoned. I think crazy sister has orders from China to stir stuff up. China and India are also having a dust up.

Black Orchid

Re: North Korea Blows up Liaison Office

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:45 am

Texan wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:32 pm
I think fat boy had a stroke or was poisoned. I think crazy sister has orders from China to stir stuff up. China and India are also having a dust up.
Fat boy seems to be gawn! The sister is even worse than he is/was and will be trying to prove her evil worth as the world is distracted. 20 Indian soldiers were killed in the dust up with China yesterday.