China advised to bomb ‘Australian soil’

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun May 09, 2021 7:40 pm

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/chin ... 28a0543e34

A leading voice in Communist China has advised Beijing to
bomb Australia and bring “disaster” should Canberra support US military action.

Benedict Brook

May 9, 2021 6:36am

The editor of a Chinese newspaper considered to be a mouthpiece of the Communist dictatorship has said Beijing should consider “long range strikes” directed at Australia.

Editor-in-chief of the stridently pro-Communist Global Times newspaper, Hu Xijin, made the extraordinary comments in an editorial advising Beijing how it should react should Australia join the US in protecting democratic Taiwan from invasion.

“Australia must know what disasters it would cause to their country,” he said in the tub-thumping piece published late on Friday.

Beijing has long insisted Taiwan must unite with the People’s Republic, either by choice or force. It has become a rallying cry for Chinese leader Xi Jinping.

That’s despite Taiwan never having been under communist rule. The island was where the then-Chinese government fled to in 1949 when the Communists took control on the mainland.

It is now a democratic nation with many inhabitants seeing themselves as Taiwanese rather than Chinese.

The US is not obligated to defend Taiwan, although its policy of “strategic ambiguity” over Taiwan means it reserves the right to do so. If the US did intervene, it’s highly likely Australia would be called on to help in some way.

In recent months, China has ratcheted up the tension and its air force has made repeated forays into Taiwan’s air defence zone.

On Anzac Day Canberra’s chief national security adviser Mike Pezzullo told staff that the “drums of war” were getting louder. That was widely interpreted as referring to China.

Black Orchid

Re: China advised to bomb ‘Australian soil’

Post by Black Orchid » Sun May 09, 2021 8:50 pm

With a bumbling and missing idiot in the White House and the war mongering Democrats pulling the strings who knows what will happen. The world would be a better place without China and the ME.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun May 09, 2021 8:57 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:50 pm
With a bumbling and missing idiot in the White House and the war mongering Democrats pulling the strings who knows what will happen. The world would be a better place without China and the ME.

I'm scared - I'm too old to be in a war.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun May 09, 2021 9:00 pm

You live a long way from any potential missiles.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon May 10, 2021 8:11 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:00 pm
You live a long way from any potential missiles.
Yes - but perhaps they would attack Darwin?

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Mon May 10, 2021 8:23 am

If they targeted Canberra and the yank base.

They would probably hit Tasmania and Perth.

They aint real good with miss-ills
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon May 10, 2021 8:51 am

Valkie wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:23 am

Keep your guns well oiled.

DreamRyder

Post by DreamRyder » Mon May 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Bobby wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:51 am
Valkie wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:23 am

Keep your guns well oiled.
Seriously........What guns?

Not only that, As of April 2021, Australia's total combined Defense Forces.....both Active & Reserve.....All Military Branches......would not fill the MCG! Image SOURCE

With only "Beijing Joe" Biden & Kamalatoe Harris protecting our backs, consider me concerned......to put it mildly.

..............Arguing with people who have lost all sense of reason is like administering medicine to the dead

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon May 10, 2021 4:22 pm

DreamRyder wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Seriously........What guns?

Not only that, As of April 2021, Australia's total combined Defense Forces.....both Active & Reserve.....All Military Branches......would not fill the MCG! Image SOURCE

With only "Beijing Joe" Biden & Kamalatoe Harris protecting our backs, consider me concerned......to put it mildly.

The guns that Howard took away.

Australia should ‘close the Chinese embassy’
after Global Times missile strike threat

•May 9, 2021

Sky News Australia
1.55M subscribers
Curtin University Professor Joe Siracusa has advised the Morrison government to close the Chinese embassy if the ambassador fails to reject a Global Times article threatening a missile strike on Australian soil.

Citing a Global Times article Mr Siracusa said long range ballistic missiles were threatened by Beijing which he noted would definitely “follow through” on their claims if tested.

“I regard a threat like that as a very serious diplomatic error on their part,” he said.

In response, Mr Siracusa argued the Australian government should call the Chinese ambassador in for questioning, ask him to repudiate the claims and if he fails then expel him from the country.

“When you threaten another country with a strike on their homeland it’s time to tell the ambassador to go home and that sends a very important message.”