Trump puts Rudd in his place

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

Trump puts Rudd in his place

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:16 pm

Former US president Donald Trump has lashed out at former Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd, characterising him as “not the brightest bulb”, in response to years-old criticism.

The second-time presidential hopeful responded to Rudd’s earlier comments, prior to his appointment as US ambassador, in an interview with former far-right British politician Nigel Farage on London’s GB News channel.

Rudd, who served as Australia’s 26th prime minister, had been a vocal critic of the Republican president, calling Trump a “traitor to the West” and “the most destructive president in history” who “drags America and democracy through the mud”.

Trump told Farage: “I don’t know much about him, I heard he was a little bit nasty.

“I hear he’s not the brightest bulb … if he’s at all hostile, he will not be there long.”

https://7news.com.au/news/not-the-brigh ... c-14014364

:rofl

Another very bad decision by Albanese.

Bobby

Re: Trump puts Rudd in his place

Post by Bobby » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:33 pm

https://thenightly.com.au/politics/chri ... c-14016031

Trump would say of Rudd: “I hear he’s not the brightest bulb, but I don’t know much about him.”

Did you know, Trump was asked that Rudd had said of him, among other things that he was a “traitor to the West” and “destructive”?

“He won’t be there long if that’s the case,” Trump said.

“I don’t know much about him. I heard he was a little bit nasty.

“I hear he’s not the brightest bulb, but I don’t know much about him. If he’s at all hostile, he will not be there long.”

More revelations.
Responding to a furious Rudd, Turnbull said he was not suited to the role “because of your poor interpersonal and management skills”.

“That was about as tactfully as I could put it,” Turnbull says.

According to Turnbull, Rudd replied: “You little fucking rat, you piece of shit! I’m going to get you for this.” What followed was a “torrent of obscenities”.

And in a portent of what we face today, Turnbull says to Rudd: “Look, Kevin calm down … you don’t get what you want and immediately you are screaming at me, swearing at me, threatening me.”

Kevin Rudd was always going to end badly.

It always does with Kevin.

Rudd thinks he’s a genius. A master diplomat. And it is a credit to him that he convinces so many otherwise clever people to agree with that assessment.

Maybe it’s just easier to agree with him.

As Anthony Albanese said recently of the man who has more than once brought him to tears, Kevin is “relentless”. He meant it as a compliment. Shivers still pulse down the spines of those who have suffered at the hands of Relentless Rudd.

Other words used by his Labor ministerial colleagues include “psychopath”, “narcissist”, “control freak”, “chaotic”, a “bastard” who had “contempt for the Cabinet, the Caucus and the Australian public”. Julia Gillard, the former prime minister on whom he exacted brutal, bloody drawn-out revenge, most famous for her misogyny speech against Tony Abbott, once described Rudd as physically imposing, “bullying”, “menacing” and “angry”.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:35 pm

Remember his massive meltdowns?

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:36 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:35 pm
Yes - so many of them.
Dudd can't control his emotions.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:37 pm

Bobby wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:36 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:35 pm
Yes - so many of them.
Dudd can't control his emotions.
A shocking choice as US Ambassador. He was only ever going to embarrass us.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:40 pm

programmatic specificity

https://umsu.unimelb.edu.au/news/articl ... -nonsense/

Slogans and Nonsense

“What, announce a policy without a slogan? Are you mad?”- overheard from Scott Morrison’s office, presumably.

There’s a problem with slogans in politics: when political slogans age into accepted wisdom and the taint of ideology is forgotten, political partialities can be passed off as facts of nature. Of course, arguments are much easier when your opinions appear to be cold, impartial facts. Thus, for politicians who use language like Play-Doh in pursuit of this charade, the slogan is often their preferred technique. It’s hardly a revelation that politicians have a way with words. With fantastic intricacies, we can say things that we would ideally avoid.

Two-time(ing?) Prime Minister Kevin Rudd’s “detailed programmatic specificity” was presumably straight out of some Observational Behaviour exam notes he found on the net. Yet, it allowed him to imply that no substantial action on climate change would come out of the Major Economics Forum, without actually saying so. Linguistic alchemy is a fickle art. Where Rudd dazzles with obscurity, Liberal Party MP Stuart Robert fails through sheer nonsense. Robert revealed his inner philosophy undergrad in this tweet: “a whole of govt architecture allows us to build an ontology of capabilities across govt.” When parsed with the most conventional use of ‘ontology’, we get this delightful nonsense: “a whole of govt architecture allows us to build the study of the nature of being of capabilities across govt.” When failure in the art of words is so easy, the deceit of slogans in shrouding nonsense is rarely revealed.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:12 pm

Kevin Dudd has gotta go:

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:10 am

I remember living in a Boarding House full of licorice allsorts. One of which was one of the original Anti-Apartheid dissidents (the others got shot before they could get to Australia, he lost eyesight in one eye). He taught me 'Politics' with a spanner in his hand (whack!) and told me that Kevin Rudd would be Prime Minister 7 YEARS! before he actually did become Prime Minister.
"You watch that backbencher Rudd who also appears on the Morning Show as guest commentator - he'll be your 'next' Prime Minister." ;) he would tell me with his one eye.
This is where I was taught about the 'true Politics' and the 'Media Politics' by this tall blonde old gnarled South African in hiding, but supported by the Australian Government. His room was more like an 'Office' for want of the give-away of a bed in the corner and small fridge. Computer and all the accessories, latest models - as his 'political' work was not done.

I didn't always agree with him (which is where the spanner came out threateningly) and kinda think he was swayed more by the Media narrative of Politics, than true Politics.

As for Rudd now? Well he is a very Pro-China figure who can speak fluent Chinese. I can see how that would rub Trump up the wrong way for starters.
Kevin 'The Milky Bar Kid' Rudd.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:27 am

Vulcan wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:10 am
I remember living in a Boarding House full of licorice allsorts. One of which was one of the original Anti-Apartheid dissidents (the others got shot before they could get to Australia, he lost eyesight in one eye). He taught me 'Politics' with a spanner in his hand (whack!) and told me that Kevin Rudd would be Prime Minister 7 YEARS! before he actually did become Prime Minister.
"You watch that backbencher Rudd who also appears on the Morning Show as guest commentator - he'll be your 'next' Prime Minister." ;) he would tell me with his one eye.
This is where I was taught about the 'true Politics' and the 'Media Politics' by this tall blonde old gnarled South African in hiding, but supported by the Australian Government. His room was more like an 'Office' for want of the give-away of a bed in the corner and small fridge. Computer and all the accessories, latest models - as his 'political' work was not done.

I didn't always agree with him (which is where the spanner came out threateningly) and kinda think he was swayed more by the Media narrative of Politics, than true Politics.

As for Rudd now? Well he is a very Pro-China figure who can speak fluent Chinese. I can see how that would rub Trump up the wrong way for starters.
Kevin 'The Milky Bar Kid' Rudd.

Trump will drain the swamp and that includes Milky Bar kids. :lol:

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:56 am

Donald Trump says ‘nasty’ Kevin Rudd won’t ‘be there long’ if he returns as president

61,247 views  Mar 20, 2024

Donald Trump has issued a firm warning to Kevin Rudd, claiming the former Australian prime minister won’t remain ambassador to the US if his “hostile" language continues.

GB News host Nigel Farage questioned Mr Trump about some of Mr Rudd’s “horrible” comments where he labelled the former president a “traitor to the West”.

“I don’t know much about him, I heard he was a little bit nasty,” Mr Trump said.

“I hear he is not the brightest bulb, but I don’t know much about him.

“If he is at all hostile, he will not be there long.”