Olympics 2012 - London

Discuss sport related and outdoor activities here

boxy

Re: Olympics 2012 - London

Post by boxy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Piss off, arsie.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:52 pm

boxy wrote:Piss off, arsie.
8-) :rofl :rofl :rofl

Ferombah Hynde

Post by Ferombah Hynde » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:10 pm

What is that thing behind Anna Meares? Is it a caravan?

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:12 pm

Exactly the same caravan behind Black Cavier. Same theory.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:20 am

Off to see the final of the soccer tomorrow live.

No Poms, no Aussies.... should be good.

Watch the soccer live, I'll be the super good looking guy with the supermodel by my side.

Oh and I will have hair too.

Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Super Nova wrote: I am going to the Final of the Soccer (football they call it here) and some horse riding thingy with the wife.

I now live in London so the traffic will be totally shite.

The airports will deliver poor service and experience to those arriving.

The opening will be a laugh.....

The weather will be crap.

Place your bets here:

US will be 1st.

UK will come 4th in the medal tally.

Australia will be 7th.
OK. The Olympics is over. Now the veggy olympics is next. How did I go with my predictions....

The airports will deliver poor service and experience to those arriving.

Wrong - Actually Heathrow has held up well. No major issues on the news.

The opening will be a laugh.....

Wrong - The opening was better than I expected. Good feedback from around the world.
I thought the closing was OK. I watched it and was entertained.

The weather will be crap.

Wrong - the weather has been the best it has been for motnhs and the weather gods decided today to open up and rain. So London's weather held out for the Olympics. Boody miracle.

US will be 1st.

Correct - a bet of a concern when China where top of the ladder there for a while but the US came good with a good lead.

UK will come 4th in the medal tally.

UK came third. Big excitement here over that. Well done poms. They beat Russia. That is a surprise for me.

Australia will be 7th

Wrong - came 10th. Was looking really bad for a while. Australia's poorer than expected performance was discussed quite a lot on the BBC. I am guessing we over rely on the swimmers to boost the medal standing.

All in all.... a good games. London put on a good show. The transport was great.

After going to the final of the soccer.... the movement of people was efficent and the trains were every 2 minutes moving a huge number of people.

Well done London.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Super Nova wrote:
Australia will be 7th

Wrong - came 10th. Was looking really bad for a while. Australia's poorer than expected performance was discussed quite a lot on the BBC. I am guessing we over rely on the swimmers to boost the medal standing.

All in all.... a good games. London put on a good show. The transport was great.

After going to the final of the soccer.... the movement of people was efficient and the trains were every 2 minutes moving a huge number of people.

Well done London.
The Aussie commentators were bloody terrible. I started to watch via Channel 9 and that was hopeless so rang Foxtel and got the Sports channel ... better coverage but the commentators were still bloody pathetic. I ended up watching most sports on mute! :lol:

The media always goes crazy about all the Gold medals the swimmers will get and I think that both the swimmers and the public tend to believe what they read/hear on TV. This time our swimmers didn't get Gold, Gold, Gold. However, we did OK in other sports. I would like to see a lot more Aussies in the track and field events, etc. Swimming is over rated.

I missed the Opening and Closing Ceremonies ... I was up this morning at 6 am and it was already over and Foxtel were showing repeats of the marathon on ALL 8 Olympic channels! Ah well.

London did very well and it appeared that it didn't rain all that often. :mrgreen: A good turnout of spectators, etc. Well done, London! :thumb

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:55 pm

Agreed, the Poms did themselves proud. Bloody great job. Channel 9 sucks.