NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss sport related and outdoor activities here
Warrior

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Warrior » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Being from Massachusetts which is in New England the North East corner of the United States as New England consists of 6 of 50 U.S. States those being Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut and Rhode Island......I am a HARDCORE PATRIOTS FAN!!!!

The Patriots after winning their 5th Super Bowl last season and doing so in an amazing comeback as the Pat's were down 28-3 to the Atlanta Falcon's and came back in Overtime to WIN SUPER BOWL LI or Super Bowl 51 as we use Roman Numerals to denote or Super Bowls....well it was just an unbelievable win!!

Tom Brady considered as the best to ever play the game is now 40 years old and playing better than ever as his workout regiment and diet have confused father time.

The Patriots just scored a Touchdown to go ahead of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 10-7.

Warrior.

Black Orchid

Re: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:04 pm

I love the Pats and Tom Brady. It is on free to air tv here now and my Dad always watched it religiously. So many rules/plays though OMG!!

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:06 pm

Now for those of you who might argue let's make this CLEAR....

Football started to be played in the U.S. in the 1840's and it was on November 6, 1869, Rutgers and Princeton played what was billed as the first college football game as the rules of FOOTBALL had been established in 1868.

Curiously only ONE YEAR LATER in 1869 the rules of SOCCER finally established that HANDS could not be used in the game.

The first ever soccer match was played on Barnes common at Mortlake, London on 19th December 1863 between Barnes Football Club and Richmond Football Club. The game ended in a 0-0 draw however in 1863 Soccer's rules had not yet been established as at that time it was still allowed to use one's hands.

Thus FOOTBALL as is played in the United States and Canada was an established and ruled college game earlier than Soccer was in England and in the U.S. as believe it or not in 1862 the first soccer club formed anywhere outside of England was the Oneida Football Club, Boston USA.

Warrior.

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Black Orchid wrote:I love the Pats and Tom Brady. It is on free to air tv here now and my Dad always watched it religiously. So many rules/plays though OMG!!

YAY A PATS FAN!!!!!!

Yes Football is very much like CHESS as NFL Players must learn and memorize 1000's of plays and it is a very complex game but the strategy of playing is just as much fun as playing the game.

I used to play soccer as I was a goal tender in High School and while I enjoyed playing as I also played Football and my 2 coaches were always fighting with each other as both Team Sports had games that ran into each other....I can say that as Football is to CHESS....Soccer is to Checkers.

Warrior.

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Anyways the Patriots also have a HUGE FOLLOWING in the U.K...and I mean HUGE!!

The NFL plays a bunch of regular season games in London I think 4 a year now and they are all sold out.

It is very possible that London might be given an NFL Franchise.

Warrior.

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Tom Brady just threw a beautiful pass!!

Hopefully we will be back in the Super Bowl again this season after a bumpy start.

Warrior.

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:32 pm

Patriots are up on Tampa Bay 16-7.

Warrior.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:33 pm

:Hi

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:40 pm

Those of you who find the rules complex I will give you a quick explanation.

An NFL Team has 53 players on it.

These 53 players are broken down into 3 groups being Offense....Defense.....and Special Teams.

Each Football Players is SPECIALIZED very much like how different chess pieces are SPECIALIZED as far as how they can move and what they can or cannot do.

Now this is the easy explanation.....when one Teams OFFENSE is on the field it will play against the other Teams DEFENSE and as well the OFFENSE will also play against the other Teams SPECIAL TEAMS GROUP.

Anyways there is 100 yards in distance between END-ZONES which is the area each teams offense must run into or pass into to score a TOUCHDOWN.

The OFFENSE of each team has 4 TRIES TO MOVE THE BALL 10 YARDS.

Each try is called a DOWN.....thus the first try is known as FIRST DOWN.

Continued....

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:40 pm

PATRIOTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warrior.