Winx

Discuss sport related and outdoor activities here
Redneck

Re: Winx

Post by Redneck » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:49 pm

Wow she did it again!

Retire her before she is beaten or breaks down and has to be put down or something!!

:thumb :thumb :thumb

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:51 pm

I missed it as I had company but YAY!!

I agree she should be retired on a high. She is already the best horse in the world. Don't wait for a loss to retire her.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:49 pm

I think it is CRUEL and I do NOT approve of people racing a poor horse until it breaks a leg ... or something. The horse doesn't "want to race" .... it's a HORSE, it has no opinion. CRUEL.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:24 pm

Second last race on Saturday in a field of 24. Fingers crossed.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:32 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:49 pm
I think it is CRUEL and I do NOT approve of people racing a poor horse until it breaks a leg ... or something. The horse doesn't "want to race" .... it's a HORSE, it has no opinion. CRUEL.
Actually horses DO want to race but they don't want to be whipped or jabbed. I dislike the industry too. Very much so. I would, however, love to see this magnificent horse be allowed to retire on an unbeaten high.

I owned an ex race horse once. He pulled a muscle in his back after winning the Coffs Harbour cup and so was sold to a stable for use as a polo pony where he was very badly abused. I was driving past a banana plantation on the way to the beach one day and saw a sign. I went in. The guy told me that he was selling the horse for dog meat so I gave him more than the abattoir was offering, hired a trailer and took the horse home.

Beautiful horse and I loved him dearly. He hated men for obvious reasons and would not let a man near him. However, if I went out and caught him and brought him in he would let men ride him. He just wouldn't let them initially catch him. He was smart, gentle, fast and loving.

Anyway *sniff

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:28 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:32 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:49 pm
Actually horses DO want to race but they don't want to be whipped or jabbed. I dislike the industry too. Very much so. I would, however, love to see this magnificent horse be allowed to retire on an unbeaten high.

I owned an ex race horse once. He pulled a muscle in his back after winning the Coffs Harbour cup and so was sold to a stable for use as a polo pony where he was very badly abused. I was driving past a banana plantation on the way to the beach one day and saw a sign. I went in. The guy told me that he was selling the horse for dog meat so I gave him more than the abattoir was offering, hired a trailer and took the horse home.

Beautiful horse and I loved him dearly. He hated men for obvious reasons and would not let a man near him. However, if I went out and caught him and brought him in he would let men ride him. He just wouldn't let them initially catch him. He was smart, gentle, fast and loving.

Anyway *sniff
I like animal lovers.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:15 pm

And she's done it again.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:51 pm

Winx will be having her last race when she contests the QE Stakes on 13.4.2019
Im sure there will be a huge crowd, and Im sure she will not let us down and go out on a winning
note..Waller will be in tears, as will be Bowman and everyone else....I wont be there but hope everyone
who is, (current admission is $37) enjoys the moment. I have all the Winx memorabilia...book...replica Cox Plate presentation box,
wall foto, stubby holder....
BTW Noble Boy should win R4 at Randwick on saturday....currently about 7/4...get on....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:25 pm

Noble Boy 1st...will win better races...hope someone had something on it...
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:46 pm

I hope you won? Let's hope Winx wins on Saturday! :thumb