Shayna Jack -Drug Cheat

Discuss sport related and outdoor activities here
Redneck

Shayna Jack -Drug Cheat

Post by Redneck » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:18 pm

Can you believe this crap!

Contaminated supplements my arse!

As speculation mounts over how Australian swimmer Shayna Jack came into contact with a banned substance, her manager says one possibility may be something she ate and her diet was now being examined.

Key points:
Swimming Australia says Shayna Jack's situation is "quite different" from that of Chinese swimmer Sun Yang

On Saturday Jack revealed she failed a drug test, forcing her to withdraw from the national squad before the world championships in South Korea.

The Queensland swimmer has said she did not know how the banned substance entered her body, and that it can be found in contaminated supplements.

But this morning Mr Stoneman told reporters Jack did not consume the banned substance through a supplement pill or tablet.

"It could be meat, it could be mushrooms, it could anything. It could be something in a bottle," Mr Stoneman said.

"There are so many different ways that things can get into your system.

"This isn't about ducking and weaving about what that might be. We just don't know."

Philip Stoneman has continuously denied the swimmer took the substance knowingly.

Mr Stoneman said Jack will be looking back through the food she ate at the time.

"It's a bit of jigsaw puzzle as to how this has come into her system. It might be meat but we don't know, it's too early to speculate."

Meanwhile, Swimming Australia (SA) is standing by Jack for being "open and honest".

The 20-year-old was notified by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) that she failed an out-of-competition drug test in late June.

But SA chief executive Leigh Russell told the ABC on Monday Jack's situation was "quite different" from that of China's swimmer Sun Yang, who competed after being cleared of wrongdoing following a random drug test last September.

The World Anti-Doping Agency is appealing that decision.

Ms Russell said SA would be providing support to Jack while ASADA continues its investigations.

"My understanding from Shayna is she doesn't know how she's come into contact with the drug," Ms Russell said.

"She's really been very honest and open with everybody about what she knows about her situation at the moment.

"She's trying to find a reason for this substance in her body. Quite rightly she's asking the question about perhaps what might she have ingested that is contaminated."

A female swimmer at the finish wall looking at the scoreboard.

Ms Russell denied there was a double standard, after SA backed Mack Horton's protest against Yang.

"I think the two are quite different actually. Mack's protest was about an athlete who is going through a process that was still able to complete at the world championships.

"Our process in Australia is simply that once we have been notified that an athlete has had an adverse test finding, our job is then to remove them immediately from the team environment so they're not able to compete."

Federal Sport Minister Richard Colbeck described the incident as "embarrassing".

"We want to see clean sport, that's a very, very clear perspective of the Australian Government, I think the Australian community wants to see clean sport," Mr Colbeck said.

"So we are all concerned that we have this particular event at this point in time, it is embarrassing.

A female swimmer wearing a cap and goggles above her eyes stands beside a swimming pool

"Obviously we've got a process to go through now to see how it all plays out. But it doesn't really matter whether it's at a global level or whether it's at a local or interstate level, we want sport to be clean, we want athletes to be able to compete against each other on a real basis without any involvement of enhancements."

'Check what you're putting in your body'
Assistant Professor for Sports Management and a lawyer with the University of Canberra, Catherine Ordway, said the onus was on athletes to test any supplements they may have taken.

Australian swimmers have been cheered on for pointing the finger at drug cheats this week. Now with Shayna Jack testing positive, the finger is being pointed back.
"These contaminated supplement type cases are very tricky to prove because it's a very strict liability situation," she said.

"Which means if there's a prohibited substance in your sample which is this case, then the onus is on the athlete to try to get their supplements tested in a laboratory and try to demonstrate that they didn't intentionally put it into their body."

Ms Ordway said it's not unusual for supplements to get contaminated.

"That's why ASADA and body like that put out warnings all the time and do a lot of education with the athletes, particularly elite level ones athletes like Shayna saying don't take supplements.

"If you must take supplements check who the manufacturer is and check what you're putting in your body."

SA initially claimed Jack had left the team for "personal reasons" but two weeks later the swimmer herself revealed on social media she had been forced to withdraw over the test failure.

SA came under fire for its handling of the result, and was accused of trying to cover up the test result.

But Ms Russell said on Monday they had to support the process outlined in their contract agreement with ASADA, which prevents SA from disclosing details.

Jack has vowed to clear her name after it was revealed she tested positive for the banned substance Ligandrol — a drug used to aid muscle growth and treat osteoporosis.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-29/ ... tion=sport

sprintcyclist

Re: Shayna Jack -Drug Cheat

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:21 pm

Hey, Aussies do not cheat
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:27 pm

Only if theres sandpaper involved...
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

cods

Post by cods » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:32 pm

didnt Coca Cola get the blame at one time... :rofl

I dont see how shes a cheat when she was tested out of season she wasnt racing ...
\and she isnt racing now....

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:47 pm

cods wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:32 pm

I dont see how shes a cheat when she was tested out of season she wasnt racing ...
Tests come without warning on any day or night, nothing to do with being currently in competition.

Reason being one builds up muscle over a period of exposure to the drug

https://www.asada.gov.au/

cods

Post by cods » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:36 pm

Redneck wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:47 pm
cods wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:32 pm

Tests come without warning on any day or night, nothing to do with being currently in competition.

Reason being one builds up muscle over a period of exposure to the drug

https://www.asada.gov.au/
I understand that red.... but she wasnt racing then and she isnt now...unlike the Chinese guy....he is allowed to race even when under investigation...and thats wrong imo....and you can see its upset a lot of swimmers.....and I would be upset with Australia had Jack gone to the meet..

its not hard to understand....

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:25 pm

Contaminated supplements - give her a 2nd chance.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:53 pm

She has come out so hard saying she didn't intentionally take something, I believe her.
Supplements are so badly regulated and contain all types of garbage including steroids.

Either way, her manager needs to be fired.

cods

Post by cods » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:10 am

I dont have a whole lot of time for the swimming assoc....they are faceless that annoys me for one thing and has anyone read the characters of the FINA mob... I tell you the Sopranos have a better record...

cods

Post by cods » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:04 am

who supplies the supplements in the first place?

who insists they take them?..

I am sure they dont pick and choose for themselves...

seems to me the swimmer gets hung out to dry at times like this...